It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Mails Force Rep. Mark Foley R-Fla. to Resign

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I found this article to be right on the money.

Ann Coulter

[edit on 11-10-2006 by super70]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I was wondering when Ann would crawl up out of her cesspool and spew sewage about Democrats in an effort to spin this embarrassing incident involving Republican Congressman Mark Foley into an attack on the left. Once again, she is shamefully shameless about it. Once again, projection and denial are the stock in trade for this right-wingnut.

The object lesson of Foley's inappropriate e-mails to male pages is that when a Republican congressman is caught in a sex scandal, he immediately resigns and crawls off into a hole in abject embarrassment. Democrats get snippy.

Uh, Ann, you left out underage, non-consentual sex scandal. But I guess you were in too big a hurry to justify the title of your dirty little piece of toilet tissue labeling Foley a "closeted Democrat."

Then you jump to what is supposed to be the Republican strongpoint, defense, saying Democrats are "incensed" about the NSA listening to Al-Qaida phone calls, another lie. Many people are upset about the loss of privacy rights and civil liberties for American citizens taking place under this administration, and rightly so.

No mention of Foley championing laws against the very behaviors he exhibitted, Ann? Why not? The dreaded "H" word, HYPOCRISY?

Oh, I forgot, you are the champion of that, and rightly so. Now, back into your cesspool, dearie.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by super70
I found this article to be right on the money.

Ann Coulter

[edit on 11-10-2006 by super70]

Aside from her factual misrepresentations, I find it pathetic that some would point to the wrongdoing of others to justify their own wrongdoing.

While Ann muses over whether Foley was a closeted "Democrat", I muse over the same (using her own definitions) for the rest of the "Republican" leadership.

How did the party that stood for fiscal responsibility, states rights, and individual liberties, become the party of big spenders, federalization and the voice against the Bill of Rights? If there is any intoxication going on in Washington, it's the one that involves the current Republican leadership's subjugation of all else in favor of their own naked pursuit of power.

Disgust is a word that barely scratches the surface of how I feel about the current "Republican" Party. It's time for the impostors to be thrown out, and a TRUE conservative leadership to regain control of the reigns.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by loam]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Sorry Ann, major differences...

CLinton got oral from a 22 year old WOMAN. Now, if I get the same from a girl and tell my friends we had sex I would be found dead after choking on my balls because she kicked them so hard they got lodged in my throat. We didn't have sex, it was oral. Second, Monica was 22!!!! Not even a teenager! This was consensual between adults, and hetero. By the way, he's a liberal, so him being easy and calling him evil is like calling a black democrat evil for being black or a gay democrat for being gay, they're liberals so no problem with being black or gay or easy.

Foley did something that he himself made illegal!(Don't you hate when a law you made and supported bites you?) and actually had sex with at least one page, that we know of so far. He went after a 16 year old, when the legal age in Florida is 17. Also, sodomy is illegal and punishable by a 500 dollar fine and up to 60 days in jail in Florida. Not just this but so far it looks like about half of the republican party knew about FOley some going back as far as the 1990's and even wanred pages to avoid Foley!

Hmmm, cheating on a wife, molesting children, cheating on a wife, molesting children, I can see how you can compare the two.(Not) Also, yes this one was 16, but again consent age in Florida is 17 so he was not an adult, and more pages are coming out about this so I doubt it will be long until we have 15 and 14 year olds.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The next act in this sordid tale of abuse of power and privilege is set to unfold. Mr. Foley now plans to name the clergyman who abused him in the '60s. I can't help but think this is a further ploy to deflect responsibility for his behavior. First alcohol rehab, then coming out, now this. When is he just going to fess up and own his aberrant, possibly criminal behavior?

Mark Foley plans to reveal the name of a clergyman he says abused him as a teenager, a move his attorney said would deflate claims the former congressman fabricated the allegations as an excuse for sending sexually explicit e-mails to teenage pages.

Gerald Richman, Foley's civil attorney, said Tuesday that Foley has been "keeping this deep dark secret inside of him for many years."

"He's dealing with this issue, but it's going to take a lot of time."

"We're talking about issues that happened 36 to 38 years ago," Richman said. "This is all part of the healing process for Mark Foley. He thinks it's important to go ahead and bring this information out and hope and encourage other people who have been similarly abused to go ahead and come forward."

link

If this has been such a big, hidden, deep, dark, issue for him for so long, why did it take him getting caught to do anything about it? It just does't wash with me. His whole response to the revelations against him has been to "cut and run."

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It absolutely doesn't wash! What an absolutely irresponsible act to take! I was abused, too. And you don't see me abusing children! I know this has been shown to be a pattern in some abusers, but this guy needs to be accountable for his actions and stop putting it off on everything he can think of!

Next thing we'll be hearing that his mother didn't breastfeed him...

It's disgusting!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Just one question, taking into consideration the age of the alleged cleric child molester that molested Foley I imagine that he by now if still alive he is an elderly person.

Now, what good does that is going to do, unless is some expectations that other boys may come forward to tell their story on the cleric also.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoorahUSMC
Fine, I want to have sex with a 12 year old girl, I'm going to Vietnam and having sex with a 12 year old girl.

It's illegal under US law to travel to another country (but not another US state) to have sex with someone under the age of 18, even if they're above the age of consent in that country.

That is the arguement defending Mark, that 16 is legal in D.C. but not in FLorida where FOley is from.

Is anyone here actually defending him?
The argument is simply that he's a scumbag guilty of sexual harassment, not a scumbag guilty of child molestation.

Florida -- All sodomy acts illegal. Penalty = (60 days/$500)

All sodomy laws in the US were struck down by the US Supreme Court.
The law you quote is no longer valid.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join