It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the pope's intent?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is purely speculation but I was thinking and started to theorize that maybe the pope made his speech with the intent of angering the zealous muslims to the point of assasignating him, maybe to set off a religious-based world war. Then I started thinking about why he would do such a thing. Now I want to know what other people might think about this. Is it a possiblity? Why would he do this? What kind of outcome would he expect?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Now that just crazy in my opinion but possible.

Who know he just might want that!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Yeah the pope wants to die like a suicide bomber oooooh wrong religeon.

Sorry.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Pope Benedict said what he did to point out the problems of Islam, mainly how can any religion can support murder. While I'm sure Islam is against murder many of its religious leaders are not against murder(suicide bombers) The suicide-bomber/jihadist and the rational behind it is why the Pope said what he did.

The Pope said this to encourage a dialogue between himself and the religious leaders of Islam, to discuss the "rational" behind why many of the Islamic leaders support terrorism. So far, to my knowledge no Islamic leader has responded.

I believe that the Pope believes that there will be no solution to jihadists/Islamic suicide bombers until we can have the Islamic leaders step up and accept that jihad is not and can not be Islamic.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The NWO entails sweeping away the Old World Order. That would indicate that the Vatican & Christianity has got to go, perhaps being replaced with some sort of Gnostic Luciferianism as denoted by the symbolism of the NWO. A cataclysmic war between civilisations could set the stage for the NWO & a "new" world religion. Insulting a large percentage of the world's population could go a long way to stirring that conflict?

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

What is the pope's intent?

A little bit confused, as he is under the influence of several Bishops and a particular Cardinal who do have some intentions - less than honorable I'm afraid.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It had to have been planned! And there is reasoning, good or bad depending on what side of the fence your on i guess.
It was to gather support within his own church, and chiristianity itself, and to single out muslims and advance to take over the world, being forced to believe in the one world religion of Freedom and Democracy?

Your either with or against

IMO this is my thought at this moment.

I'm neutral for now, but i do contain some bias views as does anyone

peace

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
He was simply trying to discuss something at a rational level. He used a very old quote about Islam and just after it said that it was an example of why we had to talk more ...

Then the idiot radical Islamics are showing that the ancient quote is indeed corect.

Simply put - you can't have a rational adult discussion with radical Islamic idiots who mentally can't get out of the year 1000.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He was simply trying to discuss something at a rational level. He used a very old quote about Islam and just after it said that it was an example of why we had to talk more ...

Then the idiot radical Islamics are showing that the ancient quote is indeed corect.

Simply put - you can't have a rational adult discussion with radical Islamic idiots who mentally can't get out of the year 1000.

How do you know you cant have a rational discussion with a radical islamist? Have you yourself had one? Do not write statements that you cant swallow.

I am in no way saying that what radical islam does is appropriate but that those people are sick in their head and in reality have nothing in common with ISLAM. And no person should base their opinons about islam on those radical morons.

And if you want to talk some FACTS then i ll tell you that christianity has killed more people on face of this planet than islam.

Its just that the media creates this big fuss.
I can bet you when the war in the balkans was going on and 8000 muslim people were killed in Bosnia.. the media did not make a big fuss and most just looked away.

The world is not fair either way we look at it my friends. Religion is the #1 cause of wars and human separation. God did not intend this... we have created this.

About the topic...
Doesnt the vatican have 2 more spots free to hang popes' pictures. 1 spot is for the current pope and the 2nd one is for the pope to come... the last pope to serve based on the predictions of Pope Bennedict II, who predicted the names of 112 popes to serve in the vatican.

Based on what i believe-i think the reign of the current pope will not last to long-for they have to set up the reign of the new pope... a much younger pope and the youngest pope to serve in the vatican. His fame will take him too far and we will realize his true intentions-for he will be the anticrist.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by theTRUTHtheWAY
How do you know you cant have a rational discussion with a radical islamist? Have you yourself had one?

You can't discuss anything rationally with a radical islamic so NO I have not. They'd kill me. Thus the term ... 'RADICAL' ... duh!

Do not write statements that you cant swallow.

How about you don't write statements that make sense? Hmmmm?
How about you don't write statements unless you actually first read the persons entire post that you are supposedly replying to. It will save you from having to take your foot out of your mouth.

radical islam .... have nothing in common with ISLAM.

No kidding. And if you had bothered to actually read my post before running off at the mouth you would have seen that I said RADICAL islam .. I didn't say the pope couldn't talk to Islamics.

And no person should base their opinons about islam on those radical morons.

And where exactly in my post did I say that my opinion of Islam was based on the radical idiots? No where.

he will be the anticrist.

oh lord. Another Jack Chickie ..
You just lost any credibility you might have been able to salvage ...

And if you want to talk some FACTS then i ll tell you that christianity has killed more people on face of this planet than islam.

Prove it. You saying it doesn't make it so. Provide credible proof of this statement.
Wars have been fought in the name of Christianity, but also in the name of Islam. Murders have been committed in the name of Christianity, but also in the name of Islam. Neither religion hasall it's followers pure and clean.

[edit on 9/25/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Doesnt the vatican have 2 more spots free to hang popes' pictures.

You are kidding, right? Have you seen the Vatican? It's huge. There are plenty of 'spots' that are still free to hang pictures of popes for a very long time.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Doesnt the vatican have 2 more spots free to hang popes' pictures.

You are kidding, right? Have you seen the Vatican? It's huge. There are plenty of 'spots' that are still free to hang pictures of popes for a very long time.

]

How bout you read up on it...

Thay have 2 pre posted frames awaiting the pics of the popes to come. It is based on Benedicts prediction-which obviously u have no clue about...

And it is not your statment about radical Islam that disturbs but the way you phrased and toned your sentance.

It would be the same if i called the crusaders as radical christians.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If anyone pope or not wanted to start a major relgious conflict in the world that would turn christians against muslums there is only one surefire way. You can make all the comments you want, draw all the pictuers of The Prophet M. and whatever other "insult" you want but its not gona start a war that the NWA conspiracists want.

If they wanted to do this all they would have to do is blow up the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem and blame it on the christians. And then proceed to let the Jews rebuild the Temple.

There you go no froo froo dialouge instant relgious war and world fighting without borders.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

How bout you read up on it...

I'm a Third Order Carmelite. We have priest friends who work in Rome in the Catecombs. I'm very well aquainted with the Vatican and it's structure. There are plenty of walls to hang pictures on. Two empty spots on one wall mean nothing.

It is based on Benedicts prediction-which obviously u have no clue about...

Are you talking about St. Malachy's prediciton? I'll explain it to you so that you don't look silly saying it was Benedict's prediction. (unless you are talking about a different one). It wasn't from Benedict. It was from Malachy and it said that the last pope would be 'the glory of the olive' from the Benedictine order. Ratzinger wasn't from the Benedictine order, but he took the name Benedict.

I did not believe the Malachy prediction at all until Ratzinger took Benedicts name. Since then I have given it serious consideration.

the way you phrased and toned your sentance.

That's your problem that you took my sentence wrong. Not mine.

It would be the same if i called the crusaders as radical christians.

They were. They had swords whereas modern radical islamics have bombs.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It is not the person that carries the bomb... it is the person that brain washed him into doing it that should take the fault. Ordinary people like you and me follow orders from our leaders. And yet we are accountable for the consequences.

People with money control those who have none. Poeple with money fund wars that we must fight.

Take out the power/money greedy leaders that fund radical islam... and you shall see the real beauty of Islam. Take out ALL the greedy leaders and you shall see the beauty of all religions work/live together with peace.

And yes your right flyer.... St.Malachy prophecies is what i was referring to.
I think it is all staged and very fishy to me... I need to look into it more.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

So then your statement -

- was wrong. It DOES look like 'I have a clue' .. I know exactly what the prediction is and it looks like I knew it better than you.

Not to be a pain .. but what the heck ..

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
yea yea rub it in now...

i called it Benedict prohecies since I was thinking about him renaming his name to Benedict. But isnt it fishy that the prophecy predicts only 111 popes and their names and that popes renamed to make that prophecy true.

Very fishy times we live in now. But time will tell the tale of man.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

So then your statement -

- was wrong. It DOES look like 'I have a clue' .. I know exactly what the prediction is and it looks like I knew it better than you.

Whatever happened to turning the other cheek? Or is that one optional these days? No need to gloat really

[edit on 25-9-2006 by john_bmth]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The Pope will always turn the other cheek, all he is doing here is speaking out on the irrational Islamic extremists/religious leaders and why NO God(whichever it may be) could ever permit random murder.

His intent is to understand and educate rather than to warmonger. Catholics have nothing against Islam however it must speak out when Islamic religious leaders/militants are not only permitting but also glorifying murder and even having the gall to call it holy.

[edit on 25-9-2006 by Low Orbit]

[edit on 25-9-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
Whatever happened to turning the other cheek?

Guess you missed the
and the
I was being lighthearted and just teasing. I thought that was obvious. The thread needed lightening up.

Here ...
There's a razzie for you too. Just so you don't feel left out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join