It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the pope's intent?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The current pope is not the best man for the church. He is the worst one. His election was not by luck; he appointed 112 of the kardinals himself so one can say he made sure he was elected pope. Heres a small part of an artickle by a man who have met and had discussions with him;

"Ratzinger has made a career of insulting Catholic theologians, women, homosexuals, Protestants, and any one to the left of Hitler. Why should anyone expect a “dialog” with a Chief Inquisitor with a track record like this ones? By choice, Ratzinger is as ignorant of Christian theology as he is of Muslim theology. A truly dangerous religious figure.
In response to yesterday's meeting, one of the Muslim participants who represented the Italian Muslim community declared: "We were invited for a dialog but it was a monologue." Welcome to the world of the Inquisitor-in-chief. I know of no instance in which Ratzinger has ever had anything but a monologue with any theologian from his own tradition, much less a Muslim one."

The rest at www.matthewfox.org...

Are Ratzinger the evil anti-christ and facist I get the impression of in this artickle? I hope he is!

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Hard to imagine that the "Anti-Christ" looked so cute in his uniform though. I think he's a little boy that had to grow up way too fast.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He was simply trying to discuss something at a rational level. He used a very old quote about Islam and just after it said that it was an example of why we had to talk more ...

Then the idiot radical Islamics are showing that the ancient quote is indeed correct.

Simply put - you can't have a rational adult discussion with radical Islamic idiots who mentally can't get out of the year 1000.

ABSOLUTELY!! I could not have said it any better myself. Well put FlyersFan. These Islamist monkeys still murder etc. However, the Catholic Church has moved with the time – for the most part. Yes, they may be staunch on there beliefs and that is a given. Christians, this includes Catholics, have been persecuted the world over for hundreds of years and this ALSO by Islamists. But, though the Catholic Church may try and keep people on the straight and narrow like enforcing the 10 commandments, they certainly do not go around bombing people like these uncivilised savage Islamics. And what the Pope said was simply quoting!! It was not of his own mind.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinosamitna
Hard to imagine that the "Anti-Christ" looked so cute in his uniform though. I think he's a little boy that had to grow up way too fast.

I doubt that he really had a choice to dress the way he did. Keeping in mind that not ALL Germans are Nazis and not ALL Germans agreed with what was done in the war. So to stand there, even though you have demonstrated your lack of education and obvious ignorance, and call him the "Anti- Christ" is a little daft don't you think? Oops, sorry you don't think!!

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghaele
The current pope is not the best man for the church. He is the worst one. His election was not by luck; he appointed 112 of the kardinals himself so one can say he made sure he was elected pope. Heres a small part of an artickle by a man who have met and had discussions with him;

"Ratzinger has made a career of insulting Catholic theologians, women, homosexuals, Protestants, and any one to the left of Hitler. Why should anyone expect a “dialog” with a Chief Inquisitor with a track record like this ones? By choice, Ratzinger is as ignorant of Christian theology as he is of Muslim theology. A truly dangerous religious figure.
In response to yesterday's meeting, one of the Muslim participants who represented the Italian Muslim community declared: "We were invited for a dialog but it was a monologue." Welcome to the world of the Inquisitor-in-chief. I know of no instance in which Ratzinger has ever had anything but a monologue with any theologian from his own tradition, much less a Muslim one."

The rest at www.matthewfox.org...

Are Ratzinger the evil anti-christ and facist I get the impression of in this artickle? I hope he is!

Apparently you have never studied theology nor read any of Ratzingers books.

Becasue if you had you would know how foolish that statment is.

Go to your local relgious supply store and pick up one of his lateste Encyclicals "God Is Love" its a short little pamphlet that you can read in about a day. read it and then you will have and idea of Pope Benidict XVI's theology.

And I would like to see a source on how he riged the "pope election".

- Mizar

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghaele
The current pope is not the best man for the church. He is the worst one.

Actually, I think Martini would have been the worst one. Ratzinger is good. Arinze would have been best. But of course, that's my opinion and God knows better who should be in the Chair of St. Peter.

His election was not by luck; he appointed 112 of the kardinals himself so one can say he made sure he was elected pope.

WRONG. Ratzinger didn't appoint anyone cardinal. Pope John Paul II did.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by shearder

I doubt that he really had a choice to dress the way he did. Keeping in mind that not ALL Germans are Nazis and not ALL Germans agreed with what was done in the war. So to stand there, even though you have demonstrated your lack of education and obvious ignorance, and call him the "Anti- Christ" is a little daft don't you think? Oops, sorry you don't think!!

May be you misunderstood my being "sarcastic". The Pope is certainly NOT the anti-Christ and techically speaking, Germans involved in WW2 had every right to be wearing a German uniform. The picture, I showed is one that many have used to imply that he was 'Hitlerian' but I think it shows a little boy who grew up very fast in troubling times.

Read my initial post here, if you think I meant something else.

[edit on 29-9-2006 by Cinosamitna]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar
And I would like to see a source on how he riged the "pope election".

I did. And it (the link) was even in your quote of my text. I repeate that the current pope is the wrong one and should be removed. He is not selected by god, no god has ever choosen any pope.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
These Islamist monkeys still murder etc. However, the Catholic Church has moved with the time

As if the christians are any better. Who do you think attack mosques and synagouges? So don't claim to follow a better religion, its not!

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   

May be you misunderstood my being "sarcastic". The Pope is certainly NOT the anti-Christ and techically speaking, Germans involved in WW2 had every right to be wearing a German uniform. The picture, I showed is one that many have used to imply that he was 'Hitlerian' but I think it shows a little boy who grew up very fast in troubling times.

Read my initial post here, if you think I meant something else.

[edit on 29-9-2006 by Cinosamitna]

I do apologies!! I did misunderstand and I guess it could have been ambiguous in how it is read. However, again sorry. I withdraw my statement.

[edit on 4/10/2006 by shearder]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join