It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq vs Vietnam.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 06:36 AM
link   

erm, wht r they doing?

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Vietnam was a terrible, unliberated conflict. Innocents were killed and it all basicly went wrong. The situation in Iraq is becoming like Vietnam II.
But on the subject, The vietnamiese definatly knew thier territory, Vietcong tunnels and traps...

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There are absolutely no similarities between these two conflicts, in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Kram,
Can you eloborate on your position please? Why do you think that?

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Im not even sure if we actually know the whole truth about whats going on over there since its all filtered through our state\coporate controlled media.....but i would say that since bush said the official war is over and we are still there dieing it seems very much like the vietnam CONFLICT.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   
i just fell sorry for all the people that are going to die because of this garbage american or other wise.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who recently compared aspects of the conflict to Vietnam, yesterday said U.S. forces need to be more proactive

U.S. forces were unable to anticipate many of the attacks in a situation he described as tantamount to a guerrilla war in which the enemy is able to strike and then quickly retreat into the population.

�Honestly, it�s a little tougher than I thought it was going to be,� Lott said. In a sign of frustration, he offered an unorthodox military solution: �If we have to, we just mow the whole place down, see what happens. You�re dealing with insane suicide bombers who are killing our people, and we need to be very aggressive in taking them out.�

mow them all down...hmmm..

www.thehill.com...

[Edited on 10-11-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Ok here are the facts.

Liberals make this war look worse then it is.

The numbers from Iraq and Vietnam dont compare.

_____________Total____Per Month
Vietnam War___58,100____645

War on Terror__389_______48

And by the way this is NOT WAR ON IRAQ! THIS IS WAR ON TERRORISM!

[Edited on 10-11-2003 by Russian]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join