It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some excerpts from the 'other' Good Book.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
So whether it's a Christian God, or an extremist Muslim man, any religion where death and eternal suffering is the consequence for not believing should be mocked and scorned. IMHO.

Believe it or not, Muslims do not believe in eternal damnation. The Quran says that even those with an ounce of kindness and love in their heart will go to heaven, even if they're not Muslim, Christian, or Jewish.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Believe it or not, Muslims do not believe in eternal damnation. The Quran says that even those with an ounce of kindness and love in their heart will go to heaven, even if they're not Muslim, Christian, or Jewish.

Wow, that is cool! Sounds like a common sense religion! Too bad about the whole alcohol thing!
It's too bad that we don't hear more about the good, instead of the xenophobic bad.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Wow, that is cool! Sounds like a common sense religion! Too bad about the whole alcohol thing!
It's too bad that we don't hear more about the good, instead of the xenophobic bad.

Thanks. Alchohol is allowed, only for medical purposes. The Quran forbids any intoxicants and inhibitors not used for medical purposes.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
ridiculus internet.

[edit on 9/19/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Thanks. Alchohol is allowed, only for medical purposes. The Quran forbids any intoxicants and inhibitors not used for medical purposes.

My question would be,

If thats true.. what if I could find a medical benefit to all intoxicants and inhibitors? as well as psychedelics?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm sure there's a medical benefit to them, such as inhibitors will numb the body from feeling certain levels of pain. But the question would be if the person really needs the "medication." An example would be, Chemotherapy is used for treating cancer cells, and holds great medical value, but is it really needed for those who don't have cancer?

[edit on 19-9-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I'm sure there's a medical benefit to them, such as inhibitors will numb the body from feeling certain levels of pain. But the question would be if the person really needs the "medication." An example would be, Chemotherapy is used for treating cancer cells, and holds great medical value, but is it really needed for those who don't have cancer?

[edit on 19-9-2006 by DJMessiah]

all kidding aside the best cancer treatment along those lines is a bullet to the head...
destroying cells no matter how damaged or deformed is stupid...
its the same as killing damaged (handicapped) and derranged/violent people.

You cannot fix something by killing something... you can only fix something by using the proper tools and the proper energy to use the tools...
You should really look into orbitally rearranged monatomic gold, and iridium and rhodium, and their ability to correct and heal dna, and cell damage.

aside from that, even the satanic religeon is a little more compassionate than the islamic faith.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie
Both books are incredibly similar. They share a cultural history as well as the same god of Abraham, along with the Jewish peoples.

The call for violent opposition of non-believers is universal in all three as well. The difference is that Islam has not undergone a period of reformation, which is essential for it to co-exist peacefuly in the modern world.

There are reformers, but they are met with stiff opposition because the old-school hardliners do not want to give up thier power to a more personal God. Julaladin Rumi was a 14th century mystic who believed that a religion with divisions was no relegion at all. His head was mysteriously cut off, and these hundreds of years later, some Muslims just see him as a mediocre scholar, instead of the spiritual genius he was.

Many simularities indeed.. if you ask me Muhammad was a nutcase on a power trip who went to Jerusalem one day .. maybe trading.. maybe wandering.. and he found Christianity, found Judaism and being the clever fellow he was, went on back to Mecca and started spreading his ideology.

Now.. if the people he preached to where Jewish.. he would have been killed. Had they been christian.. he would have been a laughing stock and then probably killed.

Because he spoke to polytheistic none structured religous people who knew very little about Judaism, he was accepted as a prophet, word of this new powerful god.

Essentially.. he put his own personal thoughts, his own view of the Torah, his own feelings mixed with obvious signs that it is purly Mid Eastern, and was accepted as this magical prophet.

I know your thinking OMG!!!! DID HE JUST SAY THAT?!?!? and I know somewhere someone who is a muslim now wants me dead.. ah well I sopose I can deal with that.

The fact is this though. How many people now-a-day declare themselves the voice of god, how many pat robertsons are there in this world.. well 2k years ago someone made such a claim the ignorant masses followed in flock to these guys, much like many do to the modern day self proclaimed prophets and holy men.

Some day I hope the world wakes up from their mythology and realize how ignorant the whole concept truly is.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

The fact is this though. How many people now-a-day declare themselves the voice of god, how many pat robertsons are there in this world.. well 2k years ago someone made such a claim the ignorant masses followed in flock to these guys, much like many do to the modern day self proclaimed prophets and holy men.

Some day I hope the world wakes up from their mythology and realize how ignorant the whole concept truly is.

So how do you regard the different religions of the world? are they all false also?

Bahá'i ,Buddhism ,Hinduism ,Islam ,Judaism ,Shintoism ,Taoism, African Traditional Religions, do you think is one true relgion.

Or all religions are not truth to their faith, remember that many of these religions has pleanty fo faithfull followers and even our nation is considered founded on Chrisitan believes.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
[edit on 9/19/2006 by Rockpuck]

Very sorry, my post was far off topic and I do not want to hijack the OP thread.

reposted on What is Religion but Lies?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join