It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A must read for all Americans.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I fear we will accept option number two, we will not fight, not enough of us anyways. There will be a resistance if it gets to that point, I know I will be there, will you? Will you accept a dictator to rule your life in every way, to watch you when ever it wants? Will you allow the beast to turn us into a militaristic society to rampage across the world for materialistic purposes? Will you accept defeat in everything our forefathers fought to protect? Will you allow your civil liberties to be raped in front of your eyes? Will you continue to deny that there is nothing wrong with the passage of bills such as this one?

I think you might be the first person on ATS to question me so closely on these points. Okay, I'll be glad to anwswer. I don't accept the idea that it's time to give up and march in to the gulags with our heads lowered and eyes pointed at the ground. I do accept the idea that it's time to speak up. We are, thankfully, atleast a decade away from from having to choose between ballots or bullets.

I'm not in denial about this law that they want to pass. It's one of many that they've had on the drawing boards for some time. As proof of my position, I offer you this one example

Example[

A short examination of my postings will, I think, make this a little more clear. Before we can head for the hills to take up the guerilla movement, we need to be sure that we've said and done all that we can before it comes to that.

Or will you fight it. Will you fight it with words? Will you fight it in the streets in marches, in the schools, in the courtrooms, in the elections, or heaven forbid it comes to it, will you fight it with all the strength you have in combat in defense of everything you once lived for?

Words are petty powerful weapons when crafted by skilled hands. I am reminded of Thomas Payne, who wrote more than a few patriotic words during the Revolution which were worth more than all the gunpowder in the colonies when he published them. I myself am a published author, and this very thing happens to be my chosen subject. I don't pull any punches, save one. I phrase my work as fiction so that I can stay out of jail.

Would I fight? Yes.

It is time to stop questioning whether or not a problem is occurring, whether a storm is coming over the horizon, it is time to begin to imagine a world under a true tyrant, a world of no rights, and it is time to think to your self what you will do. Accept like a sheep, or fight like a man??

At this point, I'm beginning to suspect that your remarks aren't aimed at just me. If you're not talking to anyone else but me, I suggest that you put my name through Google and see what you get. We do need to keep talking about the storm that is comiing, and some of us have been doing that for a while now. Your point is well taken. As good citizens, we do need to be much more responsible than we are. the examples that we point out in our discussions can go a long way toward swaying the undecided.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Great big yelow brick wall of reality for Americans.
Watch your heads....

P.S Can you see now what they are capable of doing/done to the other countries?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It a way for the goverment to take total control of people.

They now could control what you eat, think watch..etc.

It really hard if the most of the public watch TV more than they are connected with there families.

Most people even dont trust each other it will be in a state of paranoa of the modern age.

The could control your though without you even feeling that your control and that is worse because you think that nobody is controling you. and know they wanna control you completely if this action is made most of the people will end up a product of someone an enslaved by people without them knowing.

If you say it the slavery of the 21st centry

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Before any of these extra-constitutional provisions could be signed into law, Congress would have to pass a Constitutional Amendment which requires a 2/3 majority vote in both houses. Do you all believe that there are not enough cooler heads in the House or Senate to prevail? Also, after the November congressional elections things are going to look a lot different for W when it ocmes to pushing his agenda through congress.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Given your assumption that only Republicans want power? That Democrats are the angles of society? There is an agenda, and it has been moving forward for some time now with the assistance of both parties, they all just didn't know it. No man can resist at least a little extra power, even a democrat.
Read my post on page 1.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This should be discussed by everybody. It's one thing to survellience everybody who has been reported as "suspicous" or otherwise by caring citzens here. It's another thing entierly to survellience all of these innocence people, because they have a friend with an e-mail in Europe or Asia. But I can see why they would.

But if their doing it to normal, average day, sitcom watching public. Then this has to be pushed to the attention of productive congressmen and women to change it. Preferable the ones who make a difference.

[edit on 9/16/2006 by smalllight]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
That is essentially the challnege for those of us on the outside who disagree with these things. That's why I published, and that's why I am about to do so again. That's why those who can should speak up any way they can. Write letters, make phone calls, send e-mail. Just think before you type.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Given your assumption that only Republicans want power? That Democrats are the angles of society? There is an agenda, and it has been moving forward for some time now with the assistance of both parties, they all just didn't know it. No man can resist at least a little extra power, even a democrat.
Read my post on page 1.

They are all the same it just a different image.

Democrats has there evil agenda because in America its who you buy to get to control and who you are.

No everyone who is rich gets what he wants but someone who has a family in the political scene

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This is why I never cared for partisan politics. It's more of a whom knows whom, than a which party is trustworthy in the big picture. If we don't want the whole "Terrorist Survallience" to get out of control in the US. Please write to your local representatives and State Congressmen and Senators(who aren't up for re-elections, yet.), and the proper committees, and make it unpopular. Period. Also, don't forget to vote come November.

But if you at least write to them, even if you think voting isn't worth. It will at least be addressed as an actual issue, instead as a "steady joke" by the political press and politicans. Also, be repsectful to everyone when you do both.

[edit on 9/17/2006 by smalllight]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I used to work for a Senator. Let me tell you one little insider thing about the leters you write to members of the House and Senate. At the end of your letter, you need to specifically ask them to reply. If you do, they can't ignore you. It's not the law, but is such an old tradition in D.C. that you dare not deny anyone a response if they ask for it on paper.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
There are cameras everywhere no matter where you go and what you do. We are already living in 'The Big Brother' government. It wouldn't surprise me if emails are constantly monitered.

A good friend of mine with musular dystrophy pulled off the road to rest his legs. He found a quiet bit of road about a mile from the local airbase. He couldn't get into a layby, as traffic was horrendous that day. A year later, government officials came knocking on his door insisting to know why he was there and who was with him.

He was just resting his legs in a safe place, away from the main road. Him and his wife were made to feel like they had done something wrong. Unbeknowest to him, a camera picked his car up and was able to read his registration. They are not the kind of people to committ acts of terrorism. Like me, they are both disabled. It seems the governments are going to the extreme. Everybody is suspect; regardless, until proven innocent. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

I was brought up a military brat, and I felt he was a safe distance from the base. I was in the car with them. They were doing nothing illegal. When is it illegal to stop and rest and have a bar of chocolate and a drink of cola? As soon as, he felt well enough, he left the deserted road.

Also, the other reason he couldn't get into the laybys' they were full that day. It was a Sunday. I remember as they took me out for a meal.

If they done their homework being they have the means to check people out; they would have known he wasn't a threat and would have left him and his wife alone. They had his registration and address; all they had to do was follow through by getting his other details, which they do anyway. I am offended the way that they were spoken to. It caused his wife great distress. They have all the tools at hand to tell if people have evil intentions; why couldn't they see that this couple weren't capable of such an act like terrorism.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
If they done their homework being they have the means to check people out; they would have known he wasn't a threat and would have left him and his wife alone. They had his registration and address; all they had to do was follow through by getting his other details, which they do anyway. I am offended the way that they were spoken to. It caused his wife great distress. They have all the tools at hand to tell if people have evil intentions; why couldn't they see that this couple weren't capable of such an act like terrorism.

It's within the range of possibility that because they exibited 'unusual behavior' near the airbase, somebody decided to have a look. Bureaucracy is known for its slow reaction times. If anyone was sent out one year after the fact, it was probably "make work."

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I would much rather have criminals running around and be dead from a terroist blowing up the building i work in then have them have cameras looking around the streets for suspicious activity.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by losangeleslover
I would much rather have criminals running around and be dead from a terroist blowing up the building i work in then have them have cameras looking around the streets for suspicious activity.

I can see why you might think that. Trouble is, the people who would blow you up might never be caught. There is certainly a fine line to be walked when it comes to privacy and surveillance. Those two things happen to be favorite topics of mine, so I know how you feel.

Just for the sake of discussion, how would you go about catching terrorists?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham

Just for the sake of discussion, how would you go about catching terrorists?

I'd start off by catching a flight to Crawford, TX.

Make the rest up as I go...

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
As a public speaker, the most common question I get asked is, "how do you talk tothe government?" A lot of us have definite thoughts on what we'd like to see done, but few of us actually know how to make contact with our public officials.

For most of us in the United States, the address(es) of our local officials are right under our noses. They are easy to find on the Internet, too. Trouble is, basic letter writing skills have become a thing ofthe past. When a citizen does sit down with pen and paper, or a keyboard, they have a hard time putting their thoughts in to words that express what they think.

If more of us spoke up, we could be just as scary as the...suggestion...made by the above post. We don't have to kill 'em. We can take their jobs away, if they don't listen to our opinions and take them in to account. Bear in mind that we can do this...for now...but that too can change. Use your voice while you still have it.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstiffy
Times like this I am glad I live North of the border. It is really begining to get riduculous.

Don't think Canada is that far behind... The recent election (I presume it was legit, but I don't know how much use was made of paperless machine voting) suggests that you're in the pocket as well.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by losangeleslover

I agree. Give me liberty or give me death. They'll probably kill me for calling out for liberty.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Give me liberty or give me death. They'll probably kill me for calling out for liberty.

You sound like you have already given up.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Give me liberty or give me death. They'll probably kill me for calling out for liberty.

You sound like you have already given up.

LOL! No. I plan to fight (well, I AM fighting, actually) but I am also a realist with no delusions that somehow I am singled out to be anything but one more warrior against tyranny.

I mean, let's face it. They have a lot more power than me, singly, and if it is leveled at me, personally, well.... [shrug] It could easily be all I write.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join