It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feed the Hungry!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

spencerjohnstone, stop the distrust of good and great human beings. I use to be a hateful and unkind person until I started believing in God. Distrust shows hate for humankind, while trust shows love for humankind.

It puts you off donating, When the likes of the World Bank are setting unreasonable restrictions on poor countries, and also when Countries such as the UK withholds payments.

You see where I am comming from?

btw I have stopped donating to some charities. Not all

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone

btw I have stopped donating to some charities. Not all

spencerjohnstone, God Bless You for continuing to give to some charities. Selective donations helps improve the Charity System so that help and care is truly performed. Let us know when you find fraud, lies, or deception within the Charity System. I believe that most USA charities are good because of the strength of the USA Legal System.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
There is a spiritual application to feeding the hungry also.

Mark 16:[15] And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.[16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

John 3:[3] Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
[17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

[edit on 16-9-2006 by dbrandt]

dbrandt, I believe the correct quote from the Holy Bible regarding hunger would be:

"Blessed are you who are hungry, for you will be satisfied." Luke 6:21

Not to mention where the Son of God feeds 5,000 people.

Action always speaks louder than words and the Son of God, Jesus Christ, did both. He recognized and still recognizes even the smallest hypocrisy in people.

dbrandt, I believe you are a Holy man. Can you tell me if you give to charities that feed the hungry? I guess that you most likely do.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

dbrandt, I believe the correct quote from the Holy Bible regarding hunger would be:

"Blessed are you who are hungry, for you will be satisfied." Luke 6:21

dbrandt, I believe you are a Holy man. Can you tell me if you give to charities that feed the hungry? I guess that you most likely do.

It does say in the Bible to physically feed people who are hungry. I'm also saying that it applies to a person's spiritual side also. Many verses have dual applications. You can feed someone and they will live physically but are still destined to someday die. There is a 2nd death that people need to escape from also. If you go without physical food a person will die. If you go without spiritual food a person will also die the 2nd death.

Both are important and bothe feedings are needed.

I do what I can when I can to help others in various ways. As for calling me a Holy man, I'll probably mess up yet today, so I would rather the focus be put on Jesus Christ.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I propose that the leaders of each goverrnment in the World form a type of United Nations for World Hunger. Many people in the World do not even know that World Hunger is a catastrophic probem. Prominent people in the Media, frequently, government leaders almost never dare to mention the disastrous problem of World Hunger. This failure has caused many people to rarely think of the problem or to not even know that it is a problem. An unrecognized problem cannot be solved. A recognized problem can be solved!!!

9 million people in the World die of hunger each year and it is up to everybody to solve this horrible problem!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
What percent of ATS member give to food charities vs. the world population? Cannot everybody give, even if only a penny? Spread the word of giving to food charities to each person you come into contact with!!! If it does not sink in immediately, it will in the future!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Why should we care about world hunger? If these people are hungry then they should grow more food, and dont say they dont have the equipment or water to do this because they have been getting money for over 20 years to build wells and buy seed and equipment, what happened to all the money they have been getting for all these years?
The more people on the planet is not better, there needs to be a balance. IMO we shouldn't give anything to these charities and let most of these people take care of themselves and stop living on handouts and take responsibility for themselves and their families.

G

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Why should we care about world hunger? If these people are hungry then they should grow more food, and dont say they dont have the equipment or water to do this because they have been getting money for over 20 years to build wells and buy seed and equipment, what happened to all the money they have been getting for all these years?

If your humanity in you then you would care. How can they grow food if therer is famine in their Country? If the water is runnin out on those wells though, how are they meant to use water to help with the groth of the crops?. As for what happened to all the money ask their Governments.

Most Charities do the work the Governments of those countries are supposed to do. With the Aid they get from Richer countries around the world.

Another thing how would you feel if you were starving, because of famine? Your crop failing, water resources are low?

Would you think to yourself why doesnt anyone in this world care about us?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone

If your humanity in you then you would care. How can they grow food if therer is famine in their Country? If the water is runnin out on those wells though, how are they meant to use water to help with the groth of the crops?. As for what happened to all the money ask their Governments.

So we've just to keep pumping millions into these countries??? Lets feed all these people so they can mate and have more people for us to feed, what a great idea - worlds population 10 billion, no 15 billion, it just goes on and on.

Another thing how would you feel if you were starving, because of famine? Your crop failing, water resources are low?

Would you think to yourself why doesnt anyone in this world care about us?

How do you know that I haven't had to endure similar hardships, haven't been in life or death situations?

G

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Please review this link.
Why doesn't ATS allow "Activist" Recruiting

This thread is now closed.
Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join