It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the most corrupt U.S Government in History

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
While we're talking about election fraud, may I remind everyone about Kennedy "stealing" the election in Illinois
www.opinionjournal.com...

And Johnson and his election shenanigans when he ran for Senate
uweb.txstate.edu...

And, here's a link to other important presidential elections.
www.richardwarrenfield.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Ah..YEP.

I've been around for awhile and never in my life have i seen what i see today. Trickey Dickey was a pussy cat and Clinton was celibate.

Never has so much corruption walked the face of this land.

I hope that answers your ?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Bart v1- i think blair will leave when he sed he was going to leve an not a moent sooner, he still has alot of backers in the Labour party and he is a man of his word even if his word is false.who's getting in next time as president? i don't see the democrats having much of a chance

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
even offered to get rid of all it's nuclear weapons.

Source, please.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This is the most corrupt government in U.S. history and to many people are to worry about whats the "hottest song out" or Tom Cruise baby to worry.

This sadden me greatly and I hope it change soon but until then we wait.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
they impeached Clinton for having a Blow Job

Clinton was impeached because he lied under oath.

Bush is far from being the most corrupt administration. Nixon was far more corrupt and probably the most corrupt will always be that of US Grant.

In fact, I know of no evidence of corruption in the Bush administration.

Bush will be remembered as one of our greatest presidents.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
As to the original question of this thread, Hell no.
Whatever general nastiness is going on latley you have to look the signifgance of other Adminstrations and realize that you are comparing Bush II to things like the Assasination of Kennedy, the American Civil War, Lincoln, the advent of the Federal Reserve, Andrew Jackson's various whatnots, the systematic extermination of the native North American population, revolting against England, Iran Contra, Nixon, Johnson... Now that I think about it the only Presidency which hasn't been scandalized somewhere in history was a few of them like Andrew Johnson who was bascily impeached for not being a crook during Reconstruction, or Harrison who died after a month in office.
These recent scams and wars aren't even close to some of our darker political pasts.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What about Johnson, Vietnam, Cuba and JFK taking a hit? Then there is Roosevelt and a whole host of others. WWII always struck me as a lot of propaganda such that the amount of scams going on could have been immense. If anything I would say that it is business as usual rather than unusual.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
In fact, I know of no evidence of corruption in the Bush administration.

Bush will be remembered as one of our greatest presidents.

This has gotta be one of the most rediculous comments I ever heard. But, I will ask you to define corruption.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I will ask you to provide the evidence.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I take it you're one of those who will require 'perfect' sources....

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Creidible sources would be more like it. Still allegations are not enough. Even indictments are insufficient. I want convictions.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Really, Grady....

You may like this government but 80% of Americans dont. Let the voices be heard and as usual, the majority overules.
to say this is a fine government is to sayHitler was an ok kind of guy.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Ok, credible sources. Tell me these guys aren't credible.

Former CIA Director Adm. Stansfield Turner

Former head of Star Wars defense program under Ford and Carter, Dr. Robert M. Bowman (Lt. Col., USAF, ret)

The first is CNN (credible obviously), the second is directly from the man.

There is much more if you can handle it.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
to say this is a fine government is to sayHitler was an ok kind of guy.

That was uncalled for. Those who compare GW to Hitler are not being honest with themselves.

[edit on 2006/9/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Former CIA Director Adm. Stansfield Turner

Former head of Star Wars defense program under Ford and Carter, Dr. Robert M. Bowman (Lt. Col., USAF, ret)

This is evidence?

These are opinions. I don't know who Dr. Bowman is, but he's obviously not in possession of his facutlies.

Stansfield Turner is a politician and a Democrat. Nothing more needs to be said about his opinion.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This is evidence?

These are opinions. I don't know who Dr. Bowman is, but he's obviously not in possession of his facutlies.

Stansfield Turner is a politician and a Democrat. Nothing more needs to be said about his opinion.

I thought so! Zero intellectual retort, 100% personal bias. Keep blindingly following your masters, grady..

No offence intended.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Is this the most corrupt U.S Government in History

Um, no.
Try the Clinton Administration
The CLinton Legacy

Then there was Carter's, Nixon's, Johnson's, Harding's, and Grant's.....

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

I thought so! Zero intellectual retort

I don't know what you expect me to say to obvious tripe. I just asked you to provide evidence of corruption in the Bush administration. I'm not seeing any evidenece. Just differences of opinion.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
What does it take to make changes in our country? In November there will be elections that look to produce an overwhelming Democratic win in Congress (based on polls, sentiments I hear in my own life, etc.) In times past, this would have constituted a major shift in policies, but I'm not so sure we will see much change. In the past couple of decades we've seemed to migrate to a one party country with two warring factions - but no significant difference in the way we can hope to be governed, or in the way our policies will be mandated. In fact, they seem to pitch our mandates out the window and make up their own. It's two parties performing or not performing in the same way, only with different "reasons" for why they are the ones that should be in power.

One thing that probably will happen in November, when the Democrats take Congress, is that we'll then have a gridlocked government with a lame-duck president. To be quite honest, from what I've watched over the last 20+ years, that's about as safe as this country can get. Because the worst you can worry about is that things just stay right like they are at the moment we enter gridlock....at least they can't get any worse.

More than likely the Democrats will also take the Presidential election in 2008. While I'm a Republican and would prefer for a TRUE Republican to be elected into office that would trim back this behemoth of a government we've watched be created, I don't think that person exists any more in American politics. I believe there are no TRUE Republicans in U.S. politics anymore - not unless they reside in the Libertarian or Independent groups.

But the saddest part about it is the pathetic lack of interest by our politicians in listening to the policy wants and needs of their constituents. As November nears, and when we start getting into the 2008 campaign, we'll watch both parties obsess on the moral issues that really aren't even appropriate to be discussed at the national level, and we'll watch them launch personal attacks against each other, all for the sake of not having to talk to the policy issues we need to address.

And while one would think such a broken, limping system would have it's voters banging the drums of change and asking for their TRUE respective parties to be cleansed of the extremists that have hidden the foundational platforms of those two parties far from the political arena, we should not be surprised when no one will kick a fit but all will just jump on the moral issue bandwagon and beat their party's war drum as we march into four more years of Pappy O'Daniel.

And as a point of evidence to back that the voters have become blind to the ridiculousness of the situation and are part of the problem, I would like to point you to the posts of this thread. The question was posed by the original poster "What does it take to make changes in your country?"

And we now have 2 pages of moronic posts between extremists of opposing political parties arguing like 5 year olds fighting over the blue crayon as to which one of the opposing color's administrations was the most corrupt in U.S. history.

Way to go

[edit on 9-17-2006 by Valhall]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join