It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Anyone know the name of this Crater with all the rills in it? That way I can find the other images of the same crater without clouds...

[edit on 9-2-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Hope I am not cluttering this thread with trash but I was wondering if anybody had comments on this video I saw posted by KREATOR in one of Sleeper's threads.

Hi sleeper,do you think that this video clip of the moon could be real?

Video Link

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill
Hope I am not cluttering this thread with trash but I was wondering if anybody had comments on this video I saw posted by KREATOR in one of Sleeper's threads.

Video Link

This vid has been posted a number of times before, Red. It's been debunked more times than I care to remember. An extract from some Portuguese sci fi flick.

Originally posted by Zorgon
I didn't have time to download them all!! Hey Mike Singh maybe you did?

Darn, Ron! I've been screwed nice and proper. I mean my hard disc crashed last week and retrieving all the data (including your U2Us
) is becoming worse than the ruddy torture inflicted by MKULTRA!!!

Anyway, I'm trying my darndest for status quo ante. But I think I may have something on my CDs. Lemme check!

Cheers!!

P.S. Hey! Wait.... Check out these web sites. Some of your prayers may be answered here!! All locations can be accessed. All the best!

HERE - Digital Lunar Orbiter Photographic Atlas of the Moon

Apollo Orbital Images

Apollo Over The Moon

Now, if this pic ain't a beauty, I dunno what is!! Check out the 'mist' on the right side of the crater!! Or am I imagining things?? What say you?

Courtesy: Keith Laney

[edit on 9-2-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill...I was wondering if anybody had comments on this videoVideo Link

WTG RP
Now we just need an interpreter...

Zorgon, can you snag it? Let's have a recon "flight" over the crater!

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Even if what you say is true, Mike, how do you know what kind of bug motivated them to make the flick? And half the reason we are here is because of sci-fi's prophetic nature!

Now without drawing conclusions and making judgements I think a deeper examination is necessary. Is this what we would imagine some "alien" ruins to be like, and if so, why? To me the issue is not so much the proveable reality as an opportunity to catch a glimpse of how we think. That is what UFOs are, blank unknowns that we use to project some aspect of ourselves so that we may establish a kind of rapport between our minds and the unknown. Just as nature abhors a vacuum, so does the mind of man always search for patterns in the chaos, meaning where there is none!

After all we are the only ones who name the craters and mountain ranges, they did not come prepackaged with their own! And they would still be nameless as all things truly are if it were not for us.

Edit: the sum of somes

[edit on 2/9/2007 by Matyas]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon...Anyone know the name of this Crater with all the rills in it?

Looofo's bagged it.

Q: How did you find it so fast? Not even the shaded relief could make those rills out...

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Anyone know the name of this Crater with all the rills in it? That way I can find the other images of the same crater without clouds...

This is Goclenius crater.

The absence of shadows could be due to the over exposed picture.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This is the first picture out of the bunch that I am in disagreement with, that looks like very light colored or overexposed terrain. I don't agree with those being clouds at all. The shadows you posted in the above picture are all cast by terrain, if you look right next to them.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by braddman]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
And you have kept silent about the huge walking rock too and are back on the image processing gig. LOL Not surprising really... when faced with a real enigma to revert to old arguments rather than have to address the fact that 300 meter boulders wander across the Moon

I have kept silent about the huge walking rock because I have nothing to say about it, and when I have nothing to say I keep silent.

But when I see someone insisting in using what they think is a good technique to find hidden information and that technique shows only how a computer image can be split in its different components, I try to show that they are just wasting their time with that "technique".

But I suppose Christmas Trees in your living room are more relevant to the topic, huh? :bash:

Yes, because that photo had some information covered with the wall pattern and the "technique" used by undo, if it works, should be able to show what was there before I changed the picture, after all, aren't you talking about altered images?

If undo's technique was good, it would be a great way of finding what was removed from the original picture, as it is, it is just a waste of time and resources.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Simply looks like terrain to me, with no clouds.

I think its the over-exposure which gives the notion of clouds, buts its actually just terrain that is at the precise angle to reflect the sunlight into the camera.

Looks like HDR in counterstrike

Not to say there isn't something on the moon, I would appreciate more anomolous images that Zorgon has to show us. Perhaps more of the installations on the moon reside underground, as to avoid detection, but who knows.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by Freezer]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Armap,

So do you suppose to say the clouds and buildings in the pic are not there? And that they are nothing more than pixellations? You sound like a poster boy for NASA

If you are talking about what you see in the saturation channel of that image, then there aren't any clouds, buildings or any other things like that.

The saturation channel of any colour image only shows the saturation values for each pixel of the image in the same way that the Red channel resulting from a "Split to RGB" only shows the red values of the pixels.

The shapes that appear in the saturation channel are only a result of the saturation of the pixels in the original image, and the saturation is one of the things that gets altered by compression, and in the case of that picture you posted the compression is bigger because it was grabbed from a video.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Who would ever dream we on this thread would be living in the Twilight Moon Zone LOL. Thanks for the pics very interesting keep them coming. What would we give to take a live trip to the Moon? Rik Riley

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley...What would we give to take a live trip to the Moon?

Me $30M and a Buran shuttle.

Seroiusly. $17M for the shuttle, $20M to refit with EST tech, and another $10M for maintenance, support, and skilled operators.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
After looking at this picture very carefully I believe that most of the white and most of the black in this picture is airbrushed in to hide artifacts. including buildings, machinery, equipment and all others kinds of cool stuff.

The airbrushing techiniques used a very clever and unique. They will tie in a portion of some building with something else, making it blend in. The earlier techinques used in the Lunar Orbiter series where they used wide smudges of black and white they probably knew were not going to hold up to public scrutiny.

However doing the airbrushing as they have in this particular photo (as in all later photos, after Lunar Orbiter) it is much easier for NASA to get away with, "You're seeings things that aren't there."

In this particular picture we are looking soutwest from over the Mare Fecunditatis with Goclenius in the foreground and (left to right) in the background Columbo A, Magelhaens A and Magelhaens.

When I have time I will post the small exact portion of this picture that eventually lead me to figure out it was all airbrushed.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear...I believe that most of the white and most of the black in this picture is airbrushed in to hide artifacts.

I thought some of those ridges looked quite clean. They don't show up in the PDS Map-A-Planet that way...

Either that or it is a type of mineral ore deposit that shears a certain way, all the same it don't look that natural!

Edit to add commentary: Regarding what I mean by "natural", don't all formations that are natural conform to some fractal algorithm? I imagine with the Moon it would be jagged features, from the greatest craters to the smallest speck of Moondust, all jagged and pockmarked? Maybe we should be applying fractals instead of current methods. What does the Moon Team think about this?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
When I have time I will post the small exact portion of this picture that eventually lead me to figure out it was all airbrushed.

I agree that portions of this image look like they may be altered to hide something. I look forward to seeing the portion you refer to

This area stood out at me as being odd. I can't find a feature that should make a shadow in this area. Perhaps I am missing something, though.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill
Hope I am not cluttering this thread with trash but

Interesting... it does look like its been generated by a simulator program though, but it is interesting...

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Zorgon, can you snag it? Let's have a recon "flight" over the crater!

You mean the video? Sure thing its in the url

rd3.videos.sapo.pt...

Its an .flv like google

May be fake but its cool anyway

To Mike:
Had those three links but thanks.... and I think the other ones all ended up at GRIN so it should be okay

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
After looking at this picture very carefully I believe that most of the white and most of the black in this picture is airbrushed in to hide artifacts. including buildings, machinery, equipment and all others kinds of cool stuff.

Dagnabbit! I was so busy with the "clouds" on that one that I missed it... your clip made it jump out at me LOL... I need more sleep

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by braddman
This is the first picture out of the bunch that I am in disagreement with, that looks like very light colored or overexposed terrain. I don't agree with those being clouds at all.

Hmmmm I see You might be right...

Light colored terrain...

Okay so why is light colored terrain all fuzzy and cloud like when the surrounding terrains is sharp and clear? Same goes for over exposed..

Yeah okay it COULD be a cause of the brightness of the material...

or something else...

I found another version of the same picture....

Notice anything different?

[edit on 10-2-2007 by zorgon]

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join