It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 173
<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnific
Are there any more Kepler photos from the same sequence as LO-3-162H? The area has a nasty artifact right true the middle of the crater. If there are no more pictures of LO3 then it is very likely that it is 'just' the artifact.

L0-3-162

Closeup

Link to animated gif on ESA website.

Cygnific... That's a cross-hair

High res version of this photo available here...

astrogeology.usgs.gov...

filename is vhr_3162_h3_raw.TIF

P.S. This high res LO pic of Kepler looks nothing like the Apollo pic that John posted here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Apollo pic looks like a smooth, sandy beach... for some reason.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Wonder what is in the dirt mounds? There seem to be a bunch of them, for sure...how did they form? What is under them?

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

The Apollo pic looks like a smooth, sandy beach... for some reason

Not a crosshair, there is a horizontal line and artifacts around alot of rock(s) Thats why is asked for other pictures.

Edit: Look at the rocks in the middle of the crater and you see a white 'cube' inline with the horizontal strip and other artifacts.

The Apollo is very smooth indeed. Some will probably blame it on the sun being to high.

[edit on 17/6/2007 by Cygnific]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The Apollo pic looks like a smooth, sandy beach... for some reason

Not a crosshair, there is a horizontal line and artifacts around alot of rock(s) Thats why is asked for other pictures.

Edit: Look at the rocks in the middle of the crater and you see a white 'cube' inline with the horizontal strip and other artifacts.

Can you post a pic with an arrow pointing to what you're looking at? I'd like to check it out.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thanks John, the Greenlight is being readied to be turned on for Project Moon Beam. You are correct I exspect marginal response from the professional observatories but exspect a huge response from the public if carried out properly. It only takes one clear photo like you say to show the world what they have been missing on the Moon. I do understand details must be worked out behind the scenes before the switch is officially turned on for Project Moon Beam.

When I say amateur and professional telescope owners let me clarify when I say professional, I mean professioinal photographers with telescopes from the price range from $5,000 to $12,000. The professional and private observatories that is a different catagory and will take much hard work to get them to release photos but I believe we will make progress on this front.

I had the pleasure of talking with a science highschool teacher whose job was to polish the lens of the largest refracting telescope of its kind in the world, known as the Yerkes-Observatory next to Geneva Lake near Williams Bay, Wis. I will try to search for his phone# and we both had a great discussion about Mars a few years back. The Yerkes-Observatory is an extension of the University of Chicago. Rik Riley

[edit on 17-6-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Can you post a pic with an arrow pointing to what you're looking at? I'd like to check it out.

See next reply for explanation

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
Thanks John, the Greenlight is being readied to be turned on for Project Moon Beam. You are correct I exspect marginal response from the professional observatories but exspect a huge response from the public if carried out properly. It only takes one clear photo like you say to show the world what they have been missing on the Moon. I do understand details must be worked out behind the scenes before the switch is officially turned on for Project Moon Beam.

When I say amateur and professional telescope owners let me clarify when I say professional, I mean professioinal photographers with telescopes from the price range from $5,000 to $12,000. The professional observatories that is a different catagory and will take much hard work to get them to release photos but I believe we will make progress on this front.

I had the pleasure of talking with a science highschool teacher whose job was to polish the lens of the largest refracting telescope of its kind in the world, known as the Yerkes-Observatory next to Geneva Lake near Williams Bay, Wis. I will try to search for his phone# and we both had a great discussion about Mars a few years back. The Yerkes-observatory is an extension of the University of Chicago. Rik Riley

[edit on 17-6-2007 by rikriley]

My sons play tennis and the wife went back to school for her RN (she is an LVN). However, in between these expenses I am planning on trying to build a telescope. I have gotten some schematics for a 12.5" that I think is something I could do.

If you want a network, you should work on developing on with the people you already associate with, too. It is an additional source of input.

I am also working on some software acquisitions that would allow me a greater level of graphics processing. I have a 1 gb machine...that seems to be my newest limit on capability....along with time (i do have a 60 hour a week job along with the kids tennis).

If i can start working on it sooner rather than later i will provide you with results.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Wonder what is in the dirt mounds? There seem to be a bunch of them, for sure...how did they form? What is under them?

Kepler has an interesting terrain to be sure

I also wonder what these little guys are with pointy front-ends. They could, of course, just be boulders. But I see no other similar examples in any other part of the pic.

Location...

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Each photo has been enlarged so that Endymion will appear approximately the same size. Your task, should you accept the challenge, is to figure out which telescope took which photo:

The lick one looks like it is made of voxels, pretty sad picture for a 60"

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Now i see, you have another picture of the area (vhr_3162_med_raw.tif)where the line is further above. It is no cube but it seems a shadow cast.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
bigfatfuryytexan, You are exactly right when it comes to working with associates you already know and work with, I call it networking. We all know someone who knows someone that knows somebody else.

What will be exciting is when someone releases old Moon photos that they have found stored in their attic or garage. We would appreciate any more input or suggestions you have when it comes to Project Moon Beam. To build a telescope would be fun for the whole family my dad built one and the whole neighborhood would come over to view the Moon, planets and stars. Rik Riley

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Is that a warning or ?

'Course not, I was just funnin'! You may carry on...(ratattatat!)

The above is machine language.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Your task, should you accept the challenge, is to figure out which telescope took which photo:

The lick one looks like it is made of voxels, pretty sad picture for a 60"

The real challenge is figuring out which picture John scanned from a book, what size it was, what scanner and settings he used, and finally what printing process the publisher used.

Here’s a another photo of Endymion for reference taken by a 24”…

LPOD - A SKATING RINK WITH BUMPS

Image by Bruno Daversin, France

Technical Details:
Sept 1, 2004. Ludiver Observatory 600 mm (24″) Schmidt-Cassegrain & B&W webcam.

Zzzz….

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
One of the problems with identifying anomalous structures on the moon is the potential for regolith usage (using lunar soil (regolith)) to create a thermal/ultra-violet barrier by deliberately coating buildings with it). this was even mentioned as the way to approach issues like extreme temp changes on a lunar base outfitted with humans. an earthly equivalent would be an earth berm home.

by the way, does anyone know what they meant about sending the "Spider" for help with construction ? is this a heavy lifter or a rough terrain vehicle or what?

(note: i'm already finding anomalies in the images of the LPOD gallery)

[edit on 18-6-2007 by undo]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

by the way, does anyone know what they meant about sending the "Spider" for help with construction ? is this a heavy lifter or a rough terrain vehicle or what?

My guess would be a heavy weight lifter and rough terrain vehicle in one. No idea how high the extractable lifting arm could be though, measured against Earths gravity. Probably very high.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Access Denied
Here’s a another photo of Endymion for reference taken by a 24”…

Very nice picture, bit unsharp but i would love to have such telescope in my garden

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
ida.wr.usgs.gov...

NASA Photo ID: AS16-121-19407 File Name: 10075825.jpg

Film Type: 70mm Date Taken: 04/18/72

Title: Oblique view of rim of Guyot crater on lunar farside as seen by Apollo 16
Description:
An oblique view of a rim of Guyot crater on the lunar farside, as
photographed from the Apollo 16 spacecraft in lunar orbit. The coordinates
of the center of Guyot crater are 116.5 degrees east longitude and 10.5
degrees north latitude. Note the black coloration which appears to be lava
flow down the side of the crater rim.

[edit on 18-6-2007 by Orion437]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orion437

Title: Oblique view of rim of Guyot crater on lunar farside as seen by Apollo 16
Description:

Which means what, precisely....???

Posting an image which takes a huge amount of everyone concerned bandwidth without posting a view point as to what the pic shows or why you posted it is as bad as a one line or one word post...

Explain yourself, please...

Why have you posted this image ?

Thanks and cheers

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence

Originally posted by Orion437

Description:

Which means what, precisely....???

Posting an image which takes a huge amount of everyone concerned bandwidth without posting a view point as to what the pic shows or why you posted it is as bad as a one line or one word post...

Explain yourself, please...

Why have you posted this image ?

Thanks and cheers

Fixed the image issue.

I´ve posted those images because they look interesting.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Something I just picked up from another thread started today...

Here is the thread to discuss this...

Video shows a THIRD person on the moon?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the video found and posted by lordshrek

top topics

<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join