It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 167
<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Access Denied
P.S. Anybody who’s interested in verifying anything that’s been presented here in this thread (or even just adding to it) is welcome to post (here on ATS) any clips you want to use from my copy of the image as long as you credit me (“Access Denied”) as your source. The full version can be downloaded here but fair warning, it’s pretty huge…

Thats funny I thought it was an image created by NASA... Last I checked you cannot claim any rights to any NASA image.....

And NASA's use policy REQUIRES you to post credit to them on any images you use...

Or are you saying you "created" this version?

And 29 megs is not very huge considering that image is the three photos combined... so if you clip just the relevant portion (C1-4) it would only be about 9. 5 megs... about the size of your other image

And both are Jpegs so not really worth much for analysis

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Now stop trying to evade the request. I asked you to match the copy of the "excavator" from YOUR image...

[snip]

Now please be so kind as to show me the excavator from your image so that it appears better than mine...

It doesn't look like an "excavator" to me in either copy so it's a waste of my time, sorry.

And people who have those skills get paid very big bucks

Don't quit the day job.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Thats funny I thought it was an image created by NASA... Last I checked you cannot claim any rights to any NASA image.....

That true and I'm not but by the same token there's no law that says I have to share it with the rest of the world either. I could have not posted it at all anywhere but I did and I made the effort to request it so it's only fair to ask that I be acknowledged as the source. That's just common/professional courtesy.

Originally posted by zorgonAnd NASA's use policy REQUIRES you to post credit to them on any images you use...

That's true and I have. So tell me why haven't you? You credited John on your web site not NASA.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   

And 29 megs is not very huge considering that image is the three photos combined...

Oh really? It would be 190 MB saved as a BMP!

Also, you're wrong, it's not three images combined. It's the top half of the entire high resolution frame. The original practice was to separate the high res image into three separate images. Welcome to the future!

By the way there's also some more fairly hi-res scans from yet another negative (i.e. a third source) of the medium-res frame and the high-res frame separated into three images on my website that aren't available on NASA's website either in case you didn't notice.

And both are Jpegs so not really worth much for analysis

Go ahead and hide your in the sand if you want but if it's good enough for NASA internal use it's good enough for me.

(or as we like to say in the biz "close enough for government work")

Come on now Zorgon don't be afraid, be brave and trust in the amazing JPEG!

[edit on 15-6-2007 by Access Denied]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Just had to jump in here. Has anyone else noticed the symbolism?

We have a heated duel between a knight and dragon (who has been asleep for eight months and is apparently quite cranky). I think I'll pop my Dragonslayer DVD in the player and come back later

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Just had to jump in here. Has anyone else noticed the symbolism?

We have a heated duel between a knight and dragon (who has been asleep for eight months and is apparently quite cranky). I think I'll pop my Dragonslayer DVD in the player and come back later

Now that's f'ing funny!

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Zarn,

I don't think the analogy is quite right, as Zorgon claims to be one of the Dragon's subjects... in fact, he claims to be of the Order of the Red Dragon. Perhaps he was elected to be the next meal. Fire against fire, just doesn't cut it. Had he been of the Order of the Green Dragon, then he would stand a chance....supposedly.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Now that's f'ing funny!

Yes it is! What idiot would bring an Epee to a Dragon slaying? For that, you need a nice sturdy sword.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by undo]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

if it's good enough for NASA internal use it's good enough for me.

Ah yes, the NAS(z)gul.
Which one are you?
Don't lie. I know, I know, it's rough telling the truth, but I'm going to ask (rendered, pray) that you be bound to tell only the truth and that it supercede any previous oaths. Well, what a novel idea, no?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Access Denied,

Parry and Counter.

Question #1: Can I go to Area 51, to the top secret areas, and look around, take photos, interview people, and bring it back to my own home and post the info I accumulated there, including the photos, for everyone to see? If not, why not?

Question #2: Why is a secret clearance required to work on computers at NASA? Isn't it public information? If not, why not?

Question #3: Why are there several thousand missing reels of movie footage from the Apollo space program? If it's all so secret / top secret, how come someone was allowed to run off with them without oversight? And if its not so all top secret, then why can't we go to NASA and see their top secret/secret computers?

Question #4: Why is a guy from britain spending half his life in prison for infiltrating NASA computers? I thought it wasn't top secret what they did there? And if it is top secret what they did/do there, what makes you think they'd leave images of sensitive information, untouched?

Question #5: Who are you and why are you on our thread?

You must tell the truth. You are bound by a superior oath that supercedes oaths that require you to lie.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Question #1: Can I go to Area 51, to the top secret areas, and look around, take photos, interview people, and bring it back to my own home and post the info I accumulated there, including the photos, for everyone to see?

No and neither can anybody who works there.

If not, why not?

National Security and you don’t have a need to know.

Translation: Just because we’re paranoid doesn’t mean they (the enemy) are not out to get us.

Question #2: Why is a secret clearance required to work on computers at NASA?

It isn’t necessarily. Not all NASA jobs require a security clearance because not all NASA jobs require access to Classified Nation Security Information (CNSI) however (as with all federal jobs) as a minimum a background check is required. See the following links for more information…

NASA Office of Security Program and Protection

NASA Information Assurance Program (IA)

NASA Jobs

Exercise: Search the job listings. If a security clearance is required it will say so in the job description.

Isn't it public information?

The overwhelming majority is like planetary data (photographs etc.) but you wouldn’t want a terrorist to know how to crash the Space Shuttle into your house would you?

Originally posted by undo If not, why not?

National Security and you don’t have a need to know.

Translation: Just because we’re paranoid doesn’t mean they (the enemy) are not out to get us!

Question #3: Why are there several thousand missing reels of movie footage from the Apollo space program?

Good question. Probably because NASA is a huge organization and perhaps somebody wasn’t doing their job and lost track of it when it got loaned out, moved or destroyed.

Translation: Sh_t happens.

If it's all so secret / top secret, how come someone was allowed to run off with them without oversight?

It’s not a secret, it was simulcast on live TV. I think I read somewhere the band Pink Floyd had been given some of the film to use in a music video (for the album “The Dark Side of the Moon” go figure) and they forgot to return it.

And if its not so all top secret, then why can't we go to NASA and see their top secret/secret computers?

Because that’s an oxymoron.

Question #4: Why is a guy from britain spending half his life in prison for infiltrating NASA computers?

Because he’s an idiot and now he’s being made an example of just like Paris Hilton is.

Translation: If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime!

Originally posted by undoI thought it wasn't top secret what they did there?[ And if it is top secret what they did/do there, what makes you think they'd leave images of sensitive information, untouched?

Classified computer systems storing classified information are NEVER connected to the Internet. Like I said, the guy’s an idiot.

Question #5: Who are you and why are you on our thread?

My name is Tom and I am here to DENY IGNORANCE!

Translation: ATS is addicting and I’m wasting my time.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So are they working for us or not ? IF I have an employee, I should be able to review his work before and after, he fixes it for public consumption.

Can't have the hamburgers going out to the public without cleaning them up and as my employee, the hamburger cook can't hide the steps he takes to make the hamburger presentable. I should be able to review it, before and after. Otherwise, the employee isn't working for me at all.

Are they or are they not, public servants? If not, how'd they get the title "Government Institution"? And furthermore, you didn't answer the question regarding "if it is top secret what they did/do there, what makes you think they'd leave images of sensitive information, untouched?"

I really didn't want to come back to this thread, but you're insulting to the nth degree and haven't bothered to answer any of the hard questions, and absolutely nothing ticks me off more than someone who can look at that picture of an excavator and claim they don't see anything. You're too smart to play dumb, so don't even go there!

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

My name is Tom and I am here to DENY IGNORANCE!

Translation: ATS is addicting and I’m wasting my time.

Welcome Tom and keep up the good work.
I haven't enjoyed a post so much for some time!
Keep up the good work.

pm.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmexplorer

Welcome Tom and keep up the good work.
I haven't enjoyed a post so much for some time!
Keep up the good work.

pm.

Oh good grief, give it a rest. Who are you, his official lackie?
Or just another "we work for you ma'am but can't tell you what in the hades we do !!" people.

If I was you, I'd be ashamed to align myself with someone that can't see an anomalie that has not only been outlined and enlarged but colored bright pink so you can't miss it! If it was any more obvious, it'd bite him on the rear end!

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Undo, it doesn't work that way. I answered your question; planetary data is NOT CLASSIFIED so there is no reason to "sanitize" it. Not only that, scientists worldwide who rely on the data would be outraged and they would be the first ones to discover it!

Trust me, if NASA or anybody else had proof of ET life NO POWER ON EARTH COULD KEEP IT A SECRET!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Undo, it doesn't work that way. I answered your question; planetary data is NOT CLASSIFIED so there is no reason to "sanitize" it. Not only that, scientists worldwide who rely on the data would be outraged and they would be the first ones to discover it!

Trust me, if NASA or anybody else had proof of ET life NO POWER ON EARTH COULD KEEP IT A SECRET!!!!

Dude, don't play that card. I'm not stupid and neither are you.

What is this? See that pink line? Why is everything above it in your face clear and close up and everything below it blurred and texturized? *Jeopardy music kicks in*

Times up! Wrong answer! (cause I already know what you're going to say you coward!)

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Times up! Wrong answer! (cause I already know what you're going to say you coward!)

Looks like somebody is having a bad hair day.

P.S. How many times are you going to keep spamming us with that picture?

[edit on 15-6-2007 by Access Denied]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What's this? And what part is real? The texturized right side (in which you can see the continuation of the dark lines from the left side) or the left side? *Jeopardy music kicks in again*

BEEEEP! Wrong freakin' answer. You ......lose. Eowyn thanks you for playing.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

What's this? And what part is real? The texturized right side (in which you can see the continuation of the dark lines from the left side) or the left side? *Jeopardy music kicks in again*

It's called "data loss". Look it up. If you don't like it why don't you get a job at NASA and use your amazing powers of observation to help us build a better spacecraft?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

It's called "data loss". Look it up. If you don't like it why don't you get a job at NASA and use your amazing powers of observation to help us build a better spacecraft?

Oh, ha ha. Data loss. Wait, I thought data loss was where the picture got worse not better! You know, the left side shows all the lines and more! The right side is missing half the lines and has less detail but lots of that stupid texturization, through which you can still make out the shadow of the lines that have been covered up by the texture.

Now be a good dragon and go lay down over yonder where I slew ya.

new topics

top topics

<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join