It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democrats keep on LOSING...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner

Corporations backing candidates? Sounds like the fastest route to corruption to me...

Furthermore, corporations ALREADY back candidates. Where do you think Bush got his multimillion dollar war chest from. Not the citizen. SO, maybe you ought to
before you start talking about me.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Furthermore, corporations ALREADY back candidates. Where do you think Bush got his multimillion dollar war chest from. Not the citizen. SO, maybe you ought to

Did I say I supported bush? NO!

You assumed. Remember assuming makes an ass out of you!

Where do you think Dean gets his campaign money, Clark, Gore, HILLARY!

Just like the rest of the blind little sheep...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner

Originally posted by Colonel

Did I say I supported bush? NO!

You assumed. Remember assuming makes an ass out of you!

Where do you think Dean gets his campaign money, Clark, Gore, HILLARY!

Just like the rest of the blind little sheep...

(Sigh) Did I say that you supported Bush? Where did I say yousupported Bush? I just SAID that Bush got his political war chest form corporations! (Sigh)

Dean got his money from online donations from individual citizens. He set a record and made everyone notice about hi-tech grassroots campaigning---not from Hillary or Gore who don't want him to represent the Democratic Party.. Sheesh

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I actually admire Dean, I don't like his issues, but his fund raising is respectable: his average donation is $87. (or something like that).

If I am not mistaken, the average Bush donation when he ran for pres. was $200. Now, corporations give to both parties, let's be honest. But, the largest of the large donations go to the dems.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
I actually admire Dean, I don't like his issues, but his fund raising is respectable: his average donation is $87. (or something like that).

If I am not mistaken, the average Bush donation when he ran for pres. was $200. Now, corporations give to both parties, let's be honest. But, the largest of the large donations go to the dems.

This part is the lie:

"But, the largest of the large donations go to the dems."

You gotta catch them at EVERY angle, people.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Maybe you should pay more attention to your own party. You'll not have time to throw rocks, or even go to work, for that matter, Colonel.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Maybe you should pay more attention to your own party. You'll not have time to throw rocks, or even go to work, for that matter, Colonel.

See, THEY KNOW that this is a lie so they attack me. You see how evil and deceitful they are?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
George Soros just threw $10 million at the dems,

and, just look at this, Colonel:
www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Or, here's another way to look at it:
www.opensecrets.org...

Look for: Donors giving $1million +
(93% to the Dems, 7% to the GOP)

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
SORRY guys, it's been a while since I've seen a post form either of you I guess that's how you slipped my mind...

In any case, to the guy who asked why I would have a care about who wins because Liberatarians NEVER win, I say READ my post again. I am a fiscal CONSERVATIVE and there is NO WAY I am going to vote for the Tax and Spend hornblowers the Dems have running right now.

I would rather have a crook/thief/whatever, than a tax and spend lunatic ANYDAY. Especially when that crook has the balls to stand up against the world if it's in America's best interests to do so, which admittedly is in question, but compared to the morons running on the Dem ticket Shrub is a CHARM!

Colonel, yeah whatever...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
oh...will these democrat vs republicans discussions never stop...
Just accept that a democratic government is much better than a republican one... (
oops I shouldn't have said that

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   

George Soros just threw $10 million at the dems,

and, just look at this, Colonel:
www.opensecrets.org...

I looked at the overall count and the repugnats got the most money. I don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Colonel, I said the largest of large donations go to the Dems, I proceeded to prove that statement. I never said one side got more money total.

I don't know what you're talking about

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well on this page, 36 of the 100 donations go to the dems.... (I didn't count the 'on the fence ones')

The fact that the largest of the large donations go the the dems is irrelevant...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Well on this page, 36 of the 100 donations go to the dems.... (I didn't count the 'on the fence ones')

The fact that the largest of the large donations go the the dems is irrelevant...

Thanks Zion

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It's totally relevant.

The Dems get all their money by large donations - the GOP made a lot of money by small donations. Whereas, most Dems would like everyone to believe that the GOP gets their money from large corporations and small, individual donors don't give to anyone but Dems.

The Dems are financed by a few while average people throw their money towards the GOP. Which is what I like about the Dean campaign (and the Bush 2000 campaign): small donations.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   

It's totally relevant.

The Dems get all their money by large donations - the GOP made a lot of money by small donations. Whereas, most Dems would like everyone to believe that the GOP gets their money from large corporations and small, individual donors don't give to anyone but Dems.

The Dems are financed by a few while average people throw their money towards the GOP. Which is what I like about the Dean campaign (and the Bush 2000 campaign): small donations.

This is totally false! The Dems get all their money from large donations???? What's up with Dean?????

The GOP DOES get its donations from large corporations

1)Report Links Iraq Deals to Bush Donations
www.belowtopsecret.com...

2)Bush war chest seen topping $175 million
www.washtimes.com...

You mean to tell me that Bush got all that money form Ma and Pa repugnant?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Colonel, I am not saying corps DONT give, you're missing my point -which was Dems get the LARGEST or large donations, mostly from special interest groups, while the GOP also gets lots of small donations, an attribute I LIKE. Furthermore, earlier I said DEAN gets an average donation of $87 dollars, which I said I RESPECT AND ADMIRE about Dean. ('cause previously, dems weren't giving small donations, w/ Dean, they are. You wonder why Hillary wants Dean out)

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Then could you tell me who the Pioneers and the Rangers of the Bush campaign are???????

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'll help you:

Rangers are an elite class of fundraisers, created for the 2004 election cycle, who have bundled at least $200,000 for the Bush campaign. Pioneers are those who have pledged to gather $100,000. For the 2004 campaign, there are 100 Rangers and 185 Pioneers, so far. In the 2000 campaign, 551 fundraisers signed up to be Pioneers, and at least 242 of them reached their goal. Use this search engine to find information about Rangers and Pioneers provided by Texans for Public Justice.

www.whitehouseforsale.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join