It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democrats keep on LOSING...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
You know based on what I read on this website, Thomas Crowne, Springer (that's me), Goregrinder and Fury are the ONLY non Democrat US Citizens around this BBS (If I missed anybody I appologise)... Bear with me here I am getting to something...

Taking the number of registered users, that equates to less than .03% of the population. Darn near every political post I read is all about how crooked the Republicans are and how "Most" of America is against the Republicans...

Well kids it shows me that YOU ALL are as OUT OF TOUCH with society as your favorite politicians are. This makes sense because you lap up their drivel and beleive the hyperbole and propaganda...

I say this because yesterday was an election in day places. The Republicans WON two MORE Governor's mansions! This combined with California would foreshadow a HUGE Republican victory in November if history is to be beleived...

I personally, am an independant and a centrist on social issues and a staunch conservative on fiscal issues. The biggest problem I have right now with the Democratic candidates is they have NO PLATFORM. THe ONLY thing I hear eminating from their jowels is how rotten and stupid Bush is. NO solutions, no fresh ideas, no nothing...

Damn shame if you ask me...

PEACE...
m...

[Edited on 11-5-2003 by Springer]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well, I for one am sure glad you straightened us Democrats out with this post. That'll teach us to not ride the Republican bandwagon.

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by observer]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
GLAD to be of service!

PEACE...
m...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I am also a registered independent...but I have to say that the Bush administration is a rotten, theiving, lying bunch of #ers. I can't stand to watch or hear them...but I do...because I believe being informed (even though it's often misinformation) is the most important thing. I agree that the Democrats needs a platform...however, it's still the primary and the various candidates are charting their courses. When we're focused on one running...we'll have a platform to compare against Bush. I just take a clue from California. They all hated Gray Davis so much that they got behind a candidate that could beat him. Let's face it...Arnold had no platform. I just hope we can do the same, construct a platform or get enough people together to defeat the evil Administration that currently serves.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'm surprised to here an "independent" talk about winning or losing. Clearly, independents don't have a stake in winning...because independents, libertarians NEVER win. Most independents are independent so they can live with their ideology rather than getting in lock step with the winning parties. Perhaps you're really a Republican? Or perhaps you typically vote Republican? I'm not sure why you'd lose any sleep or gain any particular pleasure in knowing the Democrats have lost.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm actually a registered Republican, and I'm fairly conservative, except when it comes to abortion, and religion (then I'm leaning more towards liberal attitudes...)

I will however, not be towing the line when I vote... I didn't vote for him last time, and I won't this time...the man's a dolt... Trouble is, Dean is almost even scarier...but not voting for the other main guy (Dean), is like throwing it away to Bush...

Don't mind me, I'm still stunned that the Terminator is now the Governator of Kali-for-nia....

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
You know based on what I read on this website, Thomas Crowne, Springer (that's me), Goregrinder and Fury are the ONLY non Democrat US Citizens around this BBS (If I missed anybody I appologise)... Bear with me here I am getting to something...

Taking the number of registered users, that equates to less than .03% of the population. Darn near every political post I read is all about how crooked the Republicans are and how "Most" of America is against the Republicans...

Well kids it shows me that YOU ALL are as OUT OF TOUCH with society as your favorite politicians are. This makes sense because you lap up their drivel and beleive the hyperbole and propaganda...

I say this because yesterday was an election in day places. The Republicans WON two MORE Governor's mansions! This combined with California would foreshadow a HUGE Republican victory in November if history is to be beleived...

I personally, am an independant and a centrist on social issues and a staunch conservative on fiscal issues. The biggest problem I have right now with the Democratic candidates is they have NO PLATFORM. THe ONLY thing I hear eminating from their jowels is how rotten and stupid Bush is. NO solutions, no fresh ideas, no nothing...

Damn shame if you ask me...

PEACE...
m...

All the mods but for maybe 2 are repugnants.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I was going to vote for Dean but he's now getting to crazy for me. I hate that Kerry is Skull & Bones but he's probably most able to get people behind him. I just can't tell. Dean's got the money but he's got a lot of time to piss people off. We'll have to see what plays out. Of course, I'm in Georgia, where Zell Miller has just pissed off half the state by saying that the Democrats can't win. He was a Democrat everyone, even Republicans, could get behind. I just don't know what this party system is able to accomplish anymore. I just KNOW I want BUSH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Losonczy
I was going to vote for Dean but he's now getting to crazy for me. I hate that Kerry is Skull & Bones but he's probably most able to get people behind him. I just can't tell. Dean's got the money but he's got a lot of time to piss people off. We'll have to see what plays out. Of course, I'm in Georgia, where Zell Miller has just pissed off half the state by saying that the Democrats can't win. He was a Democrat everyone, even Republicans, could get behind. I just don't know what this party system is able to accomplish anymore. I just KNOW I want BUSH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry. Once he's gone, ALL Americans will be able to breathe again.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
And just to correct you're tagline Colonel...Ann Coulter is "a sorry excuse for a man."

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Why can't we just get rid of the party system? It does us no good anyway... seriously

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
Why can't we just get rid of the party system? It does us no good anyway... seriously

And replace it with what?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If I knew the answer to "replace it with what"...I'd be on it. The system isn't working. HELP!!!! Anyone?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a many party system. like in England or France or just about everywhere other than the U.S.
More voices would be heard that way. Most Republicans I know don't believe in every single issue the party does, same for Democrats. There need to be more legitimate choices other than us and them.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The corporations will never back more that a 2-party system and will fight against it, too much diversification of power.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

How could you have missed me, Springer!

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Forgot me as well...Mr. Springer..sir......

The only thing the dems have a lot of right now is hot air.
Their party is falling to pieces. And the only thing they are putting out is crap. Two more states went to the republicans. Which tells me that America is sick of the democratic party.
And they haven't figured out how to right the ship. I think people are looking for politicians with a backbone. Not weaseling and appeasing policies.
Say what you want about Bush, but the simple fact is terrorists and dictators are nervous to say the least. They know in no uncertain terms,that will pay the price if they start killing more Americans.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
but - Springer has a good point: the dems do keep losing!

Look at yesterdays election and the '02 elections which left the GOP in control of the upper and lower houses. the GOP did well on state levels too.

I'm all for seeing a strong Democratic party, I really am. I grew up among Dems, many family members of mine were elected officials, and dems. Went to all the functions, picnics, conventions, etc. And you know what: most of them support the GOP now. Why? Because the DNC panders to special interest groups. Take my town, Cleveland, where I'd say the average person is: Catholic, of Polish or Irish decent, and blue collar. That was the Dem base here. NOW, these people are voting for the GOP.

- Soccer moms who voted for Clinton are safety moms who support Bush.

- Southerners who would vote Dem are now the 'Nascar dad' demographic who will vote GOP.

I think simply the GOP represents a broader base of American people these days while the dems cater to the Sierra Club, instead of the their core voters.

With the recent GDP news the economy is becoming a non-issue, if jobs - which is always the last indicator to kick in, pick up before election time the dems are doomed!! DOOMED. muahahahhahahah.

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
The corporations will never back more that a 2-party system and will fight against it, too much diversification of power.

Who cares... People should run as individuals, not in parties. Hell, the vice president and president should be in different parties.(I can see flames already)

With only two parties, government is counter-productive. One constanly fights against it's opposition. That doesn't work as well. A multi-party system would even work better than a two party system.

Corporations backing candidates? Sounds like the fastest route to corruption to me...

Colonel, seems to me that you support political corruption... So, why do you keep ranting?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't "support" political corruption. I am telling it like it is. That's the reality hammer for you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join