It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Walks in South Florida - Growing In Grace; A New Cult?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I find this to be very bizarre and disturbing. Looking at this man and hearing the stories, I feel concern and sorry for those following him. This is a dangerous and very delusional man. There may be a slight chance that he is Jesus returned, but I take my chances with going to hell and say He's Not Him!! Oh yeah, if I'm wrong, it doesn't matter, because according to him, there is no Heaven or Hell.

This is his website
www.cegenglish.com...
He has even prepared a response to those who might consider him a false christ
www.creciendoengracia.com...

Jesus ReduxDe Jesus's followers believe they are God's true chosen people and call their children the "super race." They are also convinced other churches peddle deceit and spread poverty, war, and disease. But while this antipathy dates back years, only recently have they begun acting on it by disrupting religious events.

Over the past five months, Creciendo en Gracia parishioners have held at least 40 protests in more than a dozen countries. And De Jesus says this is just the beginning. "My purpose," he explains, "is to close down every church so the true church can begin. You could say I'm leading the greatest reformation that has ever happened."

Jesus in South Florida
CBS4 News) DORAL His name is Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda; his followers call him everything from apostle to Dad, or simply Jesus Christ Man. De Jesus Miranda himself believes he’s the living incarnation of “Jesus Christ Man,” “the second coming of Christ.”

A follower of his believes “he is God, he is God.” She also lavishes him with money and gifts.

"I don’t have one Rolex,” de Jesus Miranda said, “I have 3 because they want to give it to me. It's like that woman that came to Jesus with the expensive perfume and put it on his feet. He didn’t reject it, so when someone gives me a watch or a gift, I receive it. I like them too, they're nice."

totally irrevelant but noticeable non the less the translation of his church is GIG (growing in grace)

claims to have over 100,000 followers

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Yes, he's Jesus and I'm MaryMagdalene...

A scam artist....I wonder how much money people donate to Jesus. Not just a scam artist, a hispanic scam artist. Halleluyah!

I cant imagine my own relatives in South Florida following him. I'd shave my head bald and give free books at airports rather than follow this man's ilk.

Where's my tamborine?

[edit on 11-9-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
HI MARY!

*Waves hand high in the air while adjusting tinfoil hat*

Ask Jesus if he wishes to donate any of the Rolex watches to the poor...Namely me.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If he is Jesus than I am God.

Sheesh.

This just goes to show the spiritual hunger that is felt in the world today, that people would follow a lunatic such as this in the hope of finding spiritual meaning for their lives.

I'm ready to start the church of wupy, but then i'd be just as bad as this guy. (three Rolexes would be nice though)

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
but guys you just have to admire this part...
www.creciendoengracia.com...

he's Christ incarnate.... because he doesn't give signs or do miracles.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
because he doesn't give signs or do miracles.

What a coincidence, neither do I!

I'm feeling more Godlike by the minute

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
If he is Jesus than I am God.

Sheesh.

I'm ready to start the church of wupy, but then i'd be just as bad as this guy. (three Rolexes would be nice though)
Can i be in charge of donations? I'd follow you if you could keep me going in my accustomed lavish way of life.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
we're cracking up over this, but this dude has a serious following. He has his own little militia type security force, bases in several latin american countries... I'm seeing a Jonestown or Waco type event with this guy...

I'd probably get a beatdown for bad talking him in certain parts of Miami.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Just look at the Ring and the Bracelete he is wearing.

BS!

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Look for him to be involved in some sexual or fraud scandal in the future. I can bet on that...

People like him are usually fraudeurs, pedo's sexual predators... Look at Sai Baba...

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case bandit, but I think this guy is in for $$$

He's producing a movie
loveforrent.com...

and check this out
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
WW,

Oh, thank you for the video.

This man makes Benny hinn and the others look like little choir boys

Honestly, the huevos this man has is unreal.

Spanish to English translation: Huevos....hooey-vos
some are small, some are big...some drag!!

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I think of the Rev. Moon, David Koresh and Jim jones and I can't see anything good coming from this. A train wreck in the making.

Perhaps it's true that mankind has become spiritually bankrupt

wupy

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Yep... Greed alright. But soon I tell you... Soon he'll be charged with some sexual scandal...

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This really is sick. What little kid would say no to Jesus?

Think about it. :shk:

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Jesus said in the last days that many will come saying "I am he" (meaning jesus) do not believe it.

just sit back and watch what happens to this guy. something bad no doubt.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Anyone see subtle, political overtones with Mr. Miranda?
Anyone care to bet that he embraces the conservative adgenda of the neo-cons.
This will be gist for the ATS mill for years.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
If somebody gets a chance to have a press conference with D jesus, maybe they could ask him to 'splain this one:

Matthew 24:23-26

Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Behold, I have told you before.

Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
WOW! Jesus is a businessman! I can't help but imagine him signing contract with CEOs and stuff in BOD rooms and lobbying congressmens... It's like do not pray the Lord, VOTE for him!

THe world is in the RIGHT hands, now!

[edit on 11/9/06 by Echtelion]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Believe it or not

If he claims to be Jesus come again, he's claiming it based off of scripture. Obviously he tries to claim scripture is true since he uses it to validate why he doesn't perform signs and wonders. The only problem is that he's ignoring Revelation, Thessalonians, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Ezekiel, many Psalms, and many other areas of the Bible that describe when Christ will come back based off of events that have to take place before He'll come back physically to Earth.

Many of the criteria has not been met. I think we can apply C.S. Louis' proof, "Lord, Liar or Lunatic" less the first option, since the scripture's already shown that possibility to be false.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join