It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Walks in South Florida - Growing In Grace; A New Cult?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
This is disturbing because of his ability to actually convince Christians that he is the real deal. Also because his followers seem extreme in their defense of him.

How could any Christian be sucked in by any man claiming to be the return of Christ. It is so clear bibically that Christ will not return as a man, but from heaven in his true divine glory.

Why do we live in such a gullible age? this is actually very sad.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hmmmmm...judging by his photo, he's had a little "work done". Possibly Botox, teeth veneers, spray tan, etc.

Wait a minute...I could definitely use this to my advantage!
"Honey, look, Jesus approves of plastic surgery so why can't I have it too!"

So, where exactly in South Florida is this guy based? Are his followers mostly Latino/Cuban?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
His South Florida congregation is based in Miami and he caters to Spanish/Latin audience. He also has his own spanish language religious tv channel. Click on those links I gave earlier...you can find it all there.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
This is disturbing because of his ability to actually convince Christians that he is the real deal. Also because his followers seem extreme in their defense of him.

How could any Christian be sucked in by any man claiming to be the return of Christ.

Why do we live in such a gullible age? this is actually very sad.

evidently, this man's message struck a chord with these individuals

these 'followers' must have been on the fringe of mainstream Xtrian thinking to begin with, or else they'd be more in line with your reasoning and turned their backs on him at his first utterance that he is christ.

not so long ago, the Bakker's & their PTL club, flaunted the same rolexes, & rode in things like Bentleys & Roll Royces, wore expensivelty tailored clothes,
and lavished gaudy jewlery all over themselves,
with the same type of reasoning this Miranda does now- -saying in effect
[ I deserve lavish gifts & by having & possessing them just prooves that heaven rewards Me ]

on another hand, fate or destiny may lead individuals to either their just rewards
or some fatal doom, as the case may be. They're all making their choice in life,
whether you or I agree with it or not.

thanks,

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I am shocked at the number of followers. Seriously shocked. I can't believe that anyone fell for this let alone tens of thousands. He's such an obvious fake I don't know if I'd even put him at 'wolf in sheeps clothing' level.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
How quickly people forget.

While I certainly think the government overplayed its hand in the whole Waco affair, I think it's incumbent uponus to remember the dangers of getting involved with these groups.

What really bothers me about the whole Branch Davidan affair is that the government never proved anything conclusively. If anything, it's been proving that the whole seige was unwarranted and certainly badly handled.

I have somewhat of an axe to grind in the Waco affair because I knew David Koresh personally;he was more of an acquaintance than a personal friend, but I had spoken to him 3-4 times. I was young though,about 13 or 14 years old. To be honest, I didn't know that he was a "cult" leader until I saw him on the 5 O'clock news one day. I thought, "Damn,I know that guy!!!"
It was crazy.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
What really bothers me about the whole Branch Davidan affair is that the government never proved anything conclusively.

Sure it did. It proved conclusively that Janet Reno was an idiot.
She could have had David Koresh picked up any time. He used to go jogging and for walks outside the compound. There was no need to wait until he was inside it to go after him.

She could have at back. Relaxed. Let him come out. He wouldn't have been in there forever.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
What really bothers me about the whole Branch Davidan affair is that the government never proved anything conclusively.

Sure it did. It proved conclusively that Janet Reno was an idiot.
She could have had David Koresh picked up any time. He used to go jogging and for walks outside the compound. There was no need to wait until he was inside it to go after him.

She could have at back. Relaxed. Let him come out. He wouldn't have been in there forever.

Exactly. Actually that was something that David Koresh mentioned in the "late night" conversations between him and the ATF.

David Koresh: "Ya'll could have gotten me anytime. I go into town just about every day. You didn't have to come up here shooting at these women and children."

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I am surprised you guys missed it
cbs4.com...

Tick play when the vid loads and wait til they speak of senior Jesus's past. Remember sin doesn't exsist anymore so says him. I guess I don't need to repent if I rape his wife? He would not be mad right?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Woah man!

It is music to the ears of his followers, mostly Hispanic men and women who believe they are God's chosen people, predestined for salvation no matter what they do on earth. They also believe all other faiths are false and must be destroyed, from Catholics to Baptists and Jehovah’s witnesses.

His followers have organized marches at which they destroy religious books and symbols. They also have a campaign aimed at disrupting other religious gatherings, sometimes with violent consequences.

Link from post above

A new religion that attacks all others? Not good.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I am suprised that he has not made his presence known here in the Keys.

I would love to go toe-to-toe with this supposed reincarnation of Jesus.

Not for anything but If I was the reincarnation of Jesus and knew it.. I would be humble as I could be...and would resist the spotlight constantly.

and would not even try to attract followers.. and if they came anyway I would tell them to not follow me.. but follow thier hearts. And simply to do what is right.

But implying that they are the 'master race' sounds alot like Hitlers brand of religion much more than jesus.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
To say that this is sad is a gross understatement. This man has a special place in hell waiting for him. And those that are following him are destined to join him. And what is this "jesus christ man"? Why not Savior, Wonderfull Counselor, Almighty God....is he trying to give himself a very small out for when this whole sham comes crashing down around him? And it will come crashing down, because the devil is using him and he will use him to discredit all religions when this man is exposed for what he is.

And for his reasoning behind this gifts...why did he not say when the perfume was brought to "him"...instead he says when the perfume was brought to "Jesus" Was he not there....did he not receive the gift?

Wait for the fall friends...it is coming and it is coming soon. Pitty him, but dont fear him...it all due time, people like him are seen for what they really are. The authorities will not be his demise...THE AUTHORITY will.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
He is appealing to the dregs of the earth. To the unneducated masses, who know not better.
He'd be stoned to death in Miami or anywhere else in the USA. :shk:

If these people want to do extra laundry to support him, fine. Whatever makes them feel better.

BTW, here in the states, we have a few who live a very nice life also by touring the world and spreading untruths...they may not claim to be Jesus, but its close.

What i cant understand is that even in the poorest nations, people know about Jesus, they own a bible, and how they can fall for something like this is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
DG? He is in Miami.

They haven't stoned him yet. These are Americans he's got following him, some pretty rich ones to it seems.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
That dude looks like the Devil. All smarm and charm till he gets his claws into your soul...then your in for a treat big style!

What worries me more is that this guy fully expects his followers to pursue physical wealth over every thing else, and although he doesn't expect a large amount from his followers, hes been given cars, homes, every thing he wants...oh and a nice 15 % slice of every ones earnings....

That guys going to get one hell of a shock when he dies...

(Maybe he is the anti christs precursor? like the false prophet just before the rise of the anti christ??? mental times we live in....)

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Here's his defense to those who say his a false prophet or messiah:

False Christs

Mathew 24:24 - Mark 13:22

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Notice how this verse states that the false Christs will come performing what? signs and wonders, The Apostle Jose Luis De Jesus Miranda has not appeared to perform signs and wonders, He has arisen to reveal specific information of the authentic gospel of the uncircumcision (Galatians 2:7) written in the 14 epistles of the Apostle Paul, signs and wonders are not sufficient to claim you’re in the truth of the gospel. Peter performed many miracles, yet The Apostle Paul rebuked him to the face for not walking upright according to the truth of the gospel (Galatians 2:11-14) therefore these verses do not apply to the man Christ Jesus. In his first coming he performed many signs, in his second, he would appear with power, with the power of the gospel (Romans 1:16), it is written that God himself would judge the secrets of men with the gospel of Paul (Romans 2:16), We hope that the eyes of your understanding will be enlightened to discover that the Lord Jesus Christ has returned.

Questions?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Hmm... Who knew Jesus needed 3 rolex watches LOL

So let me get this straight all other religious books are evil but the rolex is divine LOL

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
When Jesus returns (according to the Bible) he will come from the sky with the angel army of God behind him.

He's not going to be some dude from South Florida....

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If he's the second coming of Jesus then why does he need money? Why does he need rolexes? Why does he need fancy cars and large houses? A true Messiah would give all, have none, be the free being that it is, and live this way in the light of an avid example for humanity. This man doesn't know himself let alone God.

♥~Infinite Love and Eternal Peace~♥

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
He is the anti Christ..

cbs4boston.com...

Luis Miranda is a 60 year old former heroin addict and convict. He operates what he calls "God's Government on Earth" from a warehouse in South Florida. Like any head of state, he is protected by a security detail that mimics the Secret Service. "I will be the President of the biggest government that this Earth has ever experienced," Miranda said.

An egocentric Puerto Rican convict who is good at manipulation sums this guy up.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join