It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No "ifs", "ands" or "BUTTS" -- I've quit smoking!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I just wanted to say, YOU GO!!!

I am going to try to quit again. Funny thing, every time I was pregnant, it was easy to stop smoking, and I didn't smoke for months after, because I breast fed. But once la bambinas were weaned, I picked up the pack again.

I have 3 cigarettes left, and it is Saturday morning.. I'd like this to be the last pack I ever buy..

I don't know that I can do it, but I am going to try. If I can get through 2 weeks, I should be OK. But as you said, there is that habit. After the kids, I fell back into smoking out of habit, it was offered, and I accepted, without even thinking about it.
I don't expect it to be easy, the last time I quit, I was going through so much stress, my mother (who is a nonsmoker) actually went to the store, and bought me a pack, and said, "Here, I wantmy grandkids to live, thank you."
But right now, I am not under any more pressure than I usually am under. Can I do it?
I can only try.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Congratulations BT. Best of luck to you!

Don't ever lose hope, cause YOU control your life, not something you can buy. You're much stronger than anything artificial.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join