It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Photos Of The Mystery Object near the Kinross F-89 Scorpion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
More information and photos released today of the mystery object found close to the plane. They are saying they will have to wait till next years diving season to try and investigate further.

They do say the object is metalic and left a trail on the bottom where it rests. They feel there may be a larger portion under the sand where the object rests.

The just released story UFODIGEST.com/news

[edit on 10-9-2006 by Harry55]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I just hope the government don't get there first
and hide any evidence there may be.

You can see a definate trail behind the object.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Don't you think that the moment these photos were released, that the cover up, recovery and spin, was launched by the groups that for some reason want to keep the ET question a mystery. I'll bet the military minisubs are there on site right now, sanitizing the area.

Why should this discovery be released when all the others have been covered up?

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
it looks to me like a sink hole with sand oozing slowly into it from one direction. I hope it is something more though

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
wow. it does appear to be disc shaped.
dive season or not, nothing could keep me from going down there and checking it out!
files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Would be cool if it turns out to be something exotic, alien or terrestrial.

If it's alien, than well it's an alien UFO, but what if it's perhaps an
experimental disl plane devloped by the soviets based on captured
NAZI designs.

Now that would be cool, not as cool as if it's alien, but still.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

We will have to wait until next year and the new dive season for more answers about this mysterious object and the fate of the crew of the F-89 Scorpion.

I think this will be the last informative article and no further investigations will be performed by an ordinary Dive Company. The government will not allow to do this and will take everything under its own control, that's for sure. Nobody will know what the mysterious object is.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Im pretty sure nothing will be there when they go back next year.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
There's already "nothing there"... The 'black' guys erased it within hours...

BTW:Hey PB- how much for that fancy opal?

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It disappeared at lake Superior in November? Thats not good.

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee
The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead
When the skies of November turn gloomy.

by Gordon Lightfoot

[edit on 9/11/06 by makeitso]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
That is the strange part of the story, that they have to wait until next dive season. Are you kidding me?!? Wait until next season? It doesn't sound logical to even say that! I think they may have been paid a visit.

At any rate, would they really think the gov would just let it sit there until they came back next season?

Forget this one! If only they would have kept it under wraps until "next season" this could have been the find of the century.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Jbondo, I agree. It sounds quite suspicious that they would wait until next 'dive season.'
Is this 'dive company' just another hoax? A website and some pictures?

Its only mid september and the weather still feels quite "divey' to me.

[edit on 12-9-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Ecto, you amost made me blow pepsi out of my nose!

"the weather still feels quite "divey' to me. "

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
hes got a point. Deep sea recovery divers are stil diving off the oil rigs, so are the deep sea pipe teams.

That North seas chilly as even in summer...so i guess this lakes got to be warmer than the sea surely??

Yeah I bet a midnight knock on the door and a four man entry team to give you a quick 'talking to' would sure curb any enthusiasm about getting another peek at the alien ship.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I have been watching this story closely since I noticed the finding over at UFOdigest, I think this is a unique situation. Who ever covers this up will have to go to some elaborate lengths to convince individuals like the people of this site. I'm sure they will claim it was a test plan that is highly top secret, it very well could be. If that was the case they would have known it was missing and it would have been easier to deduce that 2 planes that had went missing in relatively the same area may have had something to do with one and other. And they would have most likely stated that when the news of the lost jet originally broke all those years ago. Sure it could have been some other nations "secret" plane but whatever they claim it is better look very much like the pictures we have of what's down there.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Have you ever put your toes in the water of Lake Superior! Yikes! Anyway - here's some more fromthe horse's mouth: (click on 'New Projects', then 'Scorpion'
www.greatlakesdive.com...

Also, here;s the USAF FOIA on this incident: www.cufon.org...
As usual, they basically blow some smoke and then claim they can't say anything more so as not to 'jeapordize' their investigation. right...

I found it curious, however that some of the links that were active previously are now '404'-ed (missing/broken/removed). Maybe ATS is sniffing too hard on this??

Of course, the UFOsters are never satisfied with plausibility, only the denial of such, but some better photos and links can be found at , e.g., www.ufoevidence.org...

In any event, until someone we know and trust (any volunteers?) strips down to their tighty-whitys and goes down for a look-see, we, the lot of us, will remain, as usual, in the pseudo-darkness of conjecture and ignorance...

Nice thread though - KEEP IT UP!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mod Edit - fixed link(s)
(It's the periods at the end)

[edit on 12-9-2006 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I decided to send them an email. You can too I guess, but I would recommend not coming across as a typical UFO "nut"

Scott,

Thank you for your interest in the F-89 project. We do believe that the F-89c Scorpion is indeed USAF property even though it is well within Canadian waters. To date the USAF has not contacted us.

Our approach with an ROV is very delicate, no disturbance of the wreck takes place, this is why we have not been able to see into the cockpit.

The images that have been released to date conclude what we are willing to release at this time. All other images and ROV footage is being preserved for a planned documentary.

Thank you,
Adam Jimenez
www.greatlakesdive.com

Scott Bridgen wrote:
Hi there,

Just out of curiosity, have you been contacted by the USAF regarding your findings ?

If you haven't, surely the craft still comes under the protection of the USAF and with the possibility of "live" ammunition, a ROV dive would not be allowed ?

Also, would it be possible to send me the high resolution images of the additional object or any information relating to size and shape ?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Interesting mail, as they don't mention the next dive season sentence at all.

A documentary coming out soon, the possibility of a book ? *sniffs the air* I smell money.

Shame.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
This will be one more site sanitized! mystery object, removed from great lakes dive site, and im sure that the object was removed overnight since it was in one piece.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yup - like I said: There's already "nothing there".

You can bet your last dollar that anything worth recovering, or even looking at, has long been removed. The site, by the time GreatLakes gets to it, will have been made 'consumable' by us lowly civilians.

Of course, I agree with Timb3 that the GL dive co is a commercial enterprise, and they will still try to exploit the "mystery" to the extent po$$ible.

*sigh* - it may have been something - may have been nothing (though PBG's idea of a sinkhole oozong sand doesn't really correlate with the pics here.) Who knows. Maybe one day we'll have our own ATS rapid-response team that can get in to a site to validate the intrigue we wonder about, or discount it, so we can move on to the next possible site.

Like the late Carl Sagan once said, "...if scientists are never allowed to examine hard evidence, the evidence, for the scientific community, doesn't exist." (or something like that). That's why so few in acadaemia are willing to stick their necks out to take a closer look at this along with us 'amateurs' - there's nothing to examine. I've met a few that would stake their carrers, even their lives, on the opportunity to get their hands on, say, a piece of indestructable metal foil that retains it's chape or has starnge heiroglyph-type characters on it, etc., etc...

The sad thing is that we ALL deserve to know what's happening. If there IS something to any of this - let the world know - and study - and evolve...

ok - 'nuf soapbox - - thanks for the posting Harry, et al...

keep up the good sleuthing...

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
While it is unfortunate that GLDC will not be able to continue their investigation/recovery efforts until the next dive season, I think that this a much more valid concern than some posters realize.

A spokesperson for GLDC, Adam Jimenez, states in this article at UFO Digest that the F-89 in question was found in at least 250 feet of water somewhere in "the middle of Lake Superior". The same article states that the F-89 intercepted the unknown object approximately 160 miles Northwest of Kinross Air Station. A quick look at Google Maps suggests that - yep - a location 160 miles Northwest of Kinross MI would put you smack in the middle of Lake Superior.

I'm a Wisconsinite, and although I live pretty much in the middle of the state, I've spent enough time on Superior to know that it is a pretty tempermental lake. As Makeitso noted in his post, fall is an especially hazardous to be on the lake, as many mariners have learned at the price of their lives. Mounting a salvage/investigation/recovery effort under such conditions, with multimillion-dollar ROV's dangling 250+ feet below the surface of the lake - or more, critically, having divers actually on the wreck - would limit a recovery crew's ability to leave the scene quickly in the event of bad weather. Check out NOAA's Lake Superior weather forecast site to see just how bad the weather out on Superior's open wates can get this fall.

A recovery effort like the one that would be necessary for a thorough investigation of the F-89 and they suspected UFO would require extensive dive time, either by advanced (and expensive) ROV's or by specially-equipped divers; 250 feet below the surface is well in excess of a standard dive, and would require divers to stop several times to decompress before returning to the surface. Let's give Great Lakes Dive Company the benefit of the doubt when they say they need to wait before investigating this wreck further.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join