It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Photos Of The Mystery Object near the Kinross F-89 Scorpion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
PhloydPhan,

You have some very valid points. Thanks for reminding us of just how complex a recovery effort like this can be.

Unfortunately as many here have said, I would be surprised if it's still there "next dive season".

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I live on the Shore of Lake Superior. Quite a ways from the supposed crash site. But I just wanted to mention that diving season in the great lakes is far from over. I am a certified diver and have dove in Lake Superior as late as early december.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Adding to my above post. I do agree with the above. That planning and executing a dive down to the wreck would be very risky considering how far offshore it is and the depth. I was refering to the temperature not being as big of an issue. The water never does get very warm up here lol

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I find it odd that they claim to have sent an ROV down there and determined the object appeared to be metallic. Ok... so where are these images? They've provided variations of the sonar pics, etc. So why haven't they provided stills, or better yet, the actual VIDEO that was sent back from the ROV??? Did the government grab it?

Something about this story sounds fishy. And if there really was something there, I think it was a major blunder and bonehead move on the part of this company to release any word of it before they had a chance to dive down there and confirm it. Releasing this story and announcing that they can't return for another year is mind boggling to me. They might as well have knocked on the door at CIA headquarters and told them what they found and invited them to go cover it up before they return back next dive season. What a joke!

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
i urge you all to go the great lakes dive company website www.greatlakesdive.com and go to the contact section and email this company and ask for ROV images, and whether they really cant dive anymore this year, and if the government is harrassing them. it takes 5 mins people, im going to do it myself right after this post.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
its times liek this that really enflame me to the point where i wanna find who ever is in charge with these cover ups and punch him square in the face..why cant they just let it be, we ARE going to find out soon or later..whats going to happen is going to happen..no sense waiting..id rather uncover it now to the public so we are more prepared for anything else to come..i feel like we as a human race are being witheld from evolution and advancement because of these loafs....im gonna send an e-mail as well ..id really like to see these pictures myself as well as everyone else on here!
can i get a WHOO-HAA!!! lets march lol
who here agrees with me when i say, id rather be shot and unvail this secret to the world then live and let this nonsense continue under our nose!

:.Kiliker.:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
first , a rhetorical question
to all those who claim that some sort of cover up in in the offing , and that the object will " disapear "

firstly -- if the evil UA gubermint was going to " lean on " GLDC to suppress any edvidence -- would they not have done it BEFORE they published thier peliminary findings ??

thier expedition to survey the site was not done on a whim , at zero notice -- it was planned and publisised , and took several days , if the " evil goverment " wished to exert pressure -- they would have acted pre emptivly , to ensure that not findings they disagreed with were ever released

second -- for those who think that the goverment can make it disapear , pray tell how ? exactly how are they going to salbage a claimed 8 *15 foot object [ minimum size ] or totally destroy it , in winter at the bottom of a very heaviliy navigated lake , without anyone noticing ????

now , my thougts on the photographs , most of the good points have been covered . but what alarms me most , is a lack of reference scale on any shot produced so far

that is one of the cardinal riules of surveying / archeology - always include a reference object in the picture for size / orrientation .

to be blunt - the pictures shown so far could be a boulder < 1m long sitting on the bottom - with sand / silt scoured by lake bed currents creating the claimed impact furrow and other features

just my 0.02 groats -- YMMV

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
hmmm still no responds to my E-mail..what a shock....and to think i was polite about it too
i hope they get the time to at least reply with a...i plead the fifth.
:.Kiliker.:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Nope, now their website is down.......

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This is a interesting thread.Having said that I have to agree with some of the people here this does sound fishy.You just happen to find the plane and a tear drop shaped object near it and said object could be (I stress could be) a ufo and you take no pictures of it and don't even try and get some evidence of it .Yes it sounds fishy.I would of been on the news first thing with pics from the ROV or at least video or some type of evidence.

Now it was brought up how could the government could salvage it.Even if it is in a heavy shipping traffic lane and deep underwater.The gov could use project bluefly(either whats left of it or a updated version of it).I am providing a link to my thread here on ats on project bluefly.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Since their website is down, I can't really verify this but this website says they discovered it in 2005?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I do not think it is possible that the images shown on the GLDC website were made from a fishfinder transducer enhanced with Sharc2 software as claimed. The image, if it was made in deep water, was definitely made with a deepwater high frequency towfish, probably fitted with a depressor wing. There are several other problems with the information released by Mr. Jimenez. The claim that a search for the French Minesweepers was aborted due to weather/season and the search for the Scorpion was used as an alternative is dubious. The Scorpion search grid is larger and further from shore/more exposed. The biggest smoking gun was the pay for clickthrough script on their now defunct website. I believe the Scorpion discovery story is a well cultivated and well researched hoax created by someone with Air Force experience as a way to make website clickthrough $$. I've spent a lot of time doing deepwater searches on the Great Lakes and I know how hard it is to find even big objects in shallower water with a commercial grade side scan sonar. Finding a plane in 500 ft of water in a 200 sq/mi grid out of site of land with an enhanced fish finder is definitely not possible.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Found a new update to this story at UFODIGEST.com

The Kinross Controversy: Hoax, Fraud, Men-in-Black or Genuine Discovery

THE UPDATE HERE

It would be nice to know the truth about this.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Looks like GLDC has packed it up for some reason. Linda Moulton Howe syas that they were planning a move of their business in the future so maybe that is all that is going on at the moment, hopefully.

Update October 7, 2006: Since this Earthfiles and my Coast to Coast AM radio interview with Adam Jimenez on September 22, 2006, the Great Lakes Dive Company website no longer functions on the net and neither Adam Jimenez nor Jim Bessette have returned phone calls or emails as they did prior to September 22. Adam told me that the company under which he and Bessette have operated, Great Lakes Dive Company, would be moving and not be settled until some time in October 2006. Perhaps that explains the communication interruption in website, phone and email.

Source

Maybe their silence is as innocent as it seems.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Apologies to dig this up, but the site is still down and we're approaching the end of the 1st quarter of the year already. A business, especially a small business would surely suffer from not having their website up.

Anyone got any additional updates?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by timb3r
Apologies to dig this up, but the site is still down and we're approaching the end of the 1st quarter of the year already. A business, especially a small business would surely suffer from not having their website up.

Anyone got any additional updates?

Hi timb3r,
MUFON investigated this and came to the conclusion that it was a hoax however, I can't find a link to the article I read about the findings. I did find this though which pretty much comes to the same conclusion:
www.virtuallystrange.net...

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Unsurprisingly, I thought it was too good to be true.

Thanks for the info though, shame about the outcome.

/t

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Thanks for an amazing thread. I've read all the linked articles and am now working through Gord Heath's website. Brilliant reading material.

I wonder if the truth will come out regarding the possible hoax. It does seem a rather sick thing to do to the family of those men who died. If money is the motivation for the discovery claims and the existence of the now defunct greatlakesdive website, then it is all the more deplorable.

If their website reappears and this does turn out to be true, then it will be fascinating to see what the mystery object is. I'll keep following this story with interest.

Grey

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
lol imagine right after this object was discovered that you seen Government Agents in suits diving down into the water to quickly get rid of the evidence and try to cover the whole story up

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I am pissed!many months paying attention for new info on this fantastic claim!
The waters most certainly are going to be muddied now if a pun is permited.
Little hope can be held out for a public conclusion to this that will be honest.
No w it can be buried in disinformation and lies till years from now

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join