It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is something imminent? Global Consciousness Project Indicator Approaching Red!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It's not unstable really. It just analyzes a rolling window of near realtime data. When it remains not green for any length of time that is significant. Red, as you can read on the site, is very significant.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I was just joshing.

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what each of the colours mean though? I wonder if you could help. This is what I have gathered, but i'm unsure if any of it is correct.

I believe that each of these boxes are random number generators. They are placed all over the world and the GCP is some sort of organization that monitors the output.

Do the RNG's correlate? and if so in what way? What is happening with the RNG's when the button goes blue or red? I've tried to answer these questions myself but the info on the website is a bit complicated and I'm having trouble making arse or tit out of it.

Any help?

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'll try and help but I'm grossly over-simplifying what is serious science behind the project (my apologies to Princeton).

The GCP is, in fact, based upon the output of Random Event Generators (REGs) which have been placed all over the world. REGs are used in many areas of science. They are highly sophisticated electronic instruments that output 'random events' (actually random voltages) --- think "0" or "1" (or heads or tails).

Each REG will produce an 'equal' number of 0's and 1's. Statistical analysis is run continually on the stream of output from all the REG's. That analysis constantly looks for departures from 'random'. Clearly, given the nature of the REG's it is expected that there should never be a statistically significant departure from random.

When things are going along as we would expect they should, the combined output of ALL the REGs (worldwide) is 50:50 0's and 1's. The 'button' will be green --- and it usually is. As the correlation between the REG's goes of 50:50 the colors will change. The analysis measures the most recent 3600 seconds (1 hour) of data sliding 1 second (adding the latest second dropping the oldest). As the color moves from green through yellow to red it depicts a departure from random at an increasingly significant level. Red is considered very significant.

Who knows awhat causes this but it is for all intent and purposes impossible as we currently understand science.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hmm wierd? Right now it's like orangey yellow. Oh by the way, supposedly we are going to have a Holy War soon. I saw it on www.infowars.com

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
cheers for the explanation but I've heard that before. I guess it's the simplifying of the scinece that makes it harder to understand. eg. 0's and 1's is what made me mix up the RNG's and the REG's.

it didn't really explain what makes the dot go red or blue though. I wanted to know why the blue is less significant than the red.

I guess I'm going to have to try and find out what a REG is. thanks anyway.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If you ask me, I think the whole Real time display is kind of freaky. Everytime there is a ding does that mean something happened? I read he explanation but I still don't understand. So why is it orangey yellow at this time? Perhaps people are at a hightened level of awareness due to a Holy War coming up. We all know we wil go to war with Iran.. and anyone who doesn't believe that has got to open their eyes and look a what's been happening around us.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I don't know. SOmething is definitely up. As I've repeatedly said, I've never seen GCP this active.

In the realtime display the 'dings' relate to individual REG's going out of 'random' by a statistically significant degree.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It's 6:30 AM Central time US. The dot is a very dark red right now. It seems like it has been doing this for the past few mornings. I wonder what about the morning is so significant?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I don't know afeent. I've been seeing that myself the last few days. And it seems to be getting longer each day. Starts red in the AM and then at some point will cycle all the way back to blue. I've never seen it do this before. It seems to be spending less and less time on green. Used to be almost always green... maybe some yellow once in awhile. But yesterday it was red in the morning... went to blue... was green for a little while mid-day and then started to creep through yellow again. Based upon my past experience with the GCP this recent trend is highly unusual and somewhat creepy.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kupios
Just for your information, if you look into the facinating works of Lyall Watson you will see that he talks about experimants done with plants where conclusive proof is given showing that plants emit 'something' taht other plants pick up on when they are made to "suffer' physical degredation. So as you say, it would not only seem to be an inate human faculty to sense suffering of others but it would even seem to be an inate biological ability inherant to even the 'simpler' life forms.
Apologies for only remarking on this at this late stage but I have just finished reading "Supernature" by Lyall Watson (printed 1973!) and it was absolutely brilliant. If any of you are interesting in this subject, it is well worth the read. BEWARE: Vegetarians will have a hard time eating veggies after this. They may have to start eating meat or starve!

With regard to the colour of the dot changing in the a.m. your time, could this be when another part of the planet is maybe waking up and saying morning prayers, or maybe when they are going to sleep or some other significant routine which peoples elsewhere on the planet have. Dunno. Just guessing.

[edit on 26-9-2006 by LovingSoul]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Its a beautiful Blue this morning!!!

I've never seen it this color. I think this is the best we can get, isnt it??

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Its a beautiful Blue this morning!!!

I've never seen it this color. I think this is the best we can get, isnt it??

Blue is anti coherence, with a percentage greater than 90%

G.C.P.

Eight years after its inception, the GCP continues to develop. There are over 65 active eggs as of mid 2006, in Europe, the US, Canada, India, Fiji, New Zealand, Japan, China, Russia, Brazil, Africa, Thailand, and Australia. We hypothesize that our instruments (the "eggs") will show anomalous deviations associated with Global Events when there is widespread participation or reaction to the event, and we can expect large-scale coherence and resonance.

Source.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Im seeing the blue also......Could someone please explains what blue means? Is it complete randomness? And what if any is the significance of it being red just a few hours ago and now blue....virtually one end of the spectrum to the other.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I thought Blue was the lowest...meaning that there is less aprehension?

I'm confused.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I thought Blue was the lowest...meaning that there is less aprehension?

I'm confused.

lol me too! I did find this but im still unclear....sorry if its been posted before.

The color coding represents the level of coherence or correlation among the eggs, which is reflected in the probability of the Chisquare. The expected level is about 50%, and big shifts in either direction are notable. The GCP's formal testing looks for increased interegg correlation, which is represented here by the warm colors, orange and red.
noosphere.princeton.edu...

It looks to me it had a big shift today from red to blue.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well, if Red is the worse it can be, then...blue which is the lowest level should be the best. NO?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
now its back to orange or redish orange......has anyone ever seen it go from red to blue then back again in the course of a few hours?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Well, if Red is the worse it can be, then...blue which is the lowest level should be the best. NO?

From the way I read it, 50% is what it should be, which is green.

The color coding represents the level of coherence or correlation among the eggs, which is reflected in the probability of the Chisquare. The expected level is about 50%, and big shifts in either direction are notable. The GCP's formal testing looks for increased interegg correlation, which is represented here by the warm colors, orange and red

What this seems to mean is that if they are showing strong correlation or none at all (ie 98%, blue or 1%, red) then it is significant.

So green is the best it can be, and red or blue are presumably worst, but they may mean different things.

[edit on 26-9-2006 by apex]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex

From the way I read it, 50% is hat it should be, which is green.

That's what I thought too, but now I'm not so sure it's correct. They use random number generators, and measure coherence by percent. 100% anti coherence would be how you would expect random number generators to behave. The idea is, I believe, that there is some sort of outside force (the collective unconscious?) that precipitates coherence in the results of each random number generator. This has apparently been correlated to large scale global events. Events which have impacted the psyche of many people.

I think truly random would be 100% anti coherence. The colour of which of course, would be blue.

[edit on 26/9/06 by Implosion]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

So green is the best it can be, and red or blue are presumably worst, but they may mean different things.

Do you know what red means and what blue means? It is my understanding that before 9-11 it was red which is none randomness or increased correlation......blue on the other hand is complete randomness or no correlation.....but what kind of events could or would you expect to happen under blue?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join