It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you do anything in Life, LOVE GOD!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
But I was making a blanket statement. There are many gods, all claim them to be true gods, and should one have more reverence then the other?

Has anyone ever entertained the possibility that maybe all the different Gods and Goddesses are different forms that one diety has taken?

So maybe...all is one.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Always a possiblity I guess, but each should be treated with reverence and respect, even if thats not the case, dont you think?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
At Matthew 22:36 Jesus said that Loving God was the greatest commandment.

However, actions speak louder than words. Thus Ecclesiastes 12:13 states: Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

All this talk about loving God is meaningless if his laws are ignored. Far too many claim to Love God but choose to ignore the commandments they personally dont like. Like my Dad used toalways say, "Talk is cheap."

This is why Jesus stated at Mat 7:21 & 22 " 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity"

So for anyone to really love Him, they must be familiar with his laws. It is a personal responsibilty to do so. He does not force anyone. He has created us as free moral agents, with the right to choose. but that doesn't mean that all our choises will be the right ones.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Loving God is God's first, foremost, and most powerful commandment. Any departure from this, even for less than a second, brings punishment. Judgment of souls is constant by the Infintely Great God, Almighty Father. God never forgets and has a memory that is beyond human imagination (a granule of sand is a human "photographic memory" compared with God's Infinitely Sized Universe and Infinite Memory; this has been most evident in the dreams I have had while sleeping).

Remember God created you to Love Him not to unjustly punish you!!!

Immerse your soul in God's Love!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

I'm sorry but I don't believe in a God who would punish someone for something so egotistical. If God really is a father, then he loves us whether we stray from him or not. Isn't that what the story of the prodigal son is all about?

You can believe in an egotistical, jealous and punishing God if you want to. I will stick to my belief in a loving and forgiving diety.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
snowflake_obsidian, just speaking from my 40 years of experience. I strayed from God for a few years and was later punished near death. My life was reckless abandon. After years of Spiritual Rebuilding, I have come to realize that GOD IS LOVE!!!

Did you ever have a stray period or Spiritual Rebuilding period? If so, you might understand me better. If not, God Bless You for not having had to stay a few days in an intensive care unit and experience other trauma.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
you can only love God when

1. you know he exits
2. you like what he is.

if you find out that he exists but you dont like his
nature, rules, or whatever, then you cant love him.

you have to like somebody in order to love them.

so if you have a problem with God, then try to sort that first.

maybe you have only been hearing rumours.

hope thats clear.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I like a lot of things that you say here and would like to explore further:

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
you can only love God when

1. you know he exits
2. you like what he is.

if you find out that he exists but you dont like his
nature, rules, or whatever, then you cant love him.

you have to like somebody in order to love them.

so if you have a problem with God, then try to sort that first.

maybe you have only been hearing rumours.

hope thats clear.

Suppose someone came to you and said, "How can I know if He exists"? What would you say?

Also, do you believe people who know He exists will shake their fist at Him and say "I don't like you!" ?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

snowflake_obsidian, just speaking from my 40 years of experience. I strayed from God for a few years and was later punished near death. My life was reckless abandon. After years of Spiritual Rebuilding, I have come to realize that GOD IS LOVE!!!

Did you ever have a stray period or Spiritual Rebuilding period? If so, you might understand me better. If not, God Bless You for not having had to stay a few days in an intensive care unit and experience other trauma.

There are many people out there who don't love or even believe in God who are living perfectly fine and satisfying lives.

When I do experience hard times, I don't think of it as God punishing me. I think of it as me not living up to my full potential or me making stupid decisions. God did give us free will after all right?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Loving God is God's first, foremost, and most powerful commandment. Any departure from this, even for less than a second, brings punishment. Judgment of souls is constant by the Infintely Great God, Almighty Father. God never forgets and has a memory that is beyond human imagination (a granule of sand is a human "photographic memory" compared with God's Infinitely Sized Universe and Infinite Memory; this has been most evident in the dreams I have had while sleeping).

There is an scripture you might be interested in. Isa 43:25
25 “I—I am the One that is wiping out your transgressions for my own sake, and your sins I shall not remember.

KJV 25 ¶ I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

When the Bible says that God forgets our sins, this does not mean that he is unable to recall them. (Isaiah 43:25) Rather, he forgets in the sense that once he forgives, he does not hold those sins against us at some future time. (Ezekiel 33:14-16)

(Ezekiel 33:14-16) 14 “‘And when I say to the wicked one: “You will positively die,” and he actually turns back from his sin and carries on justice and righteousness, 15 [and] the wicked one returns the very thing pledged, pays back the very things taken by robbery, [and] actually walks in the very statutes of life by not doing injustice, he will positively keep living. He will not die. 16 None of his sins with which he has sinned will be remembered against him. Justice and righteousness are what he has carried on. He will positively keep living. . .

This is truly comforting.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Sparky63, excellent quotations from the Holy Bible. I believe that Love cannot completely exist without forgiveness. God is Love and forgives sins based on relative severity through the Eternal Time-frame of Life!!!

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I understand the conflict existing for many where religion is presented as a requirement for believing in deity. I find it sadly amusing that this competition for souls is the basis for the historical animous between religious leaders and their followers and other religions. Love your neighbor as ... wait a bit while I draw this sword out of your gut ... as yourself, yes, there now isn't that better? [Witness our born again G.W. Bush who laughed when he rejected a clemency request from a grandmother on death row or sends depleted uranium into living rooms, etc.]

A thinking individual cannot easily accept a religion which praises God as all loving but warns all that if one strays from God's (that religion's) path one is damned in this world and the next. And most religions do say this - IMO as a matter of self survival. If it doesn't matter which religion you follow provided you love youself and God, why not choose or create a more enjoyable religion? Better yet, why not simply live without formal religion? Who needs it?

Personally, I find that the existence of the Almighty is proven for me in daily experience provided I am open to receive the gift. Spiritual enlightenment is the key, not adherence to religious dogma. The words of any prophet are merely sign posts in the wilderness. Sometimes they apply for you, sometimes they don't. When I am immersed in a depressed state of negativity and self-loathing, I typically miss the moment and the gift is lost.

For me this is faith. My faith is that the gifts will keep arriving provided I am open to receiving them. The big love thing is very important to opening this door as approaching any situation with motives besides accepting the gift that is offered and offering your own at the same time will cloud your judgment and create fear and confusion and the gift will be lost as it will not be recognised.

IMO the truly enlightened find the gift in the most heinous situations imaginable. I am not there but I have managed to find many gifts in horrible circumstances and my life has been blessed many times because I have been open and ready to provide what I can in my own way.

It's way beyond religion people. It's way, way deeper than that. But it's important to know that you can reject the dogma of religion and still walk the walk and live the life. IMO it is what we are here to do. So give it a try sometime. You might surprise yourself.

[edit on 15-9-2006 by seattlelaw]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattlelaw
I find it sadly amusing that this competition for souls is the basis for the historical animous between religious leaders and their followers and other religions.

You believe God requires our help to save someone?

Love your neighbor as ... wait a bit while I draw this sword out of your gut ... as yourself, yes, there now isn't that better?

That would be a contradiction, which is why you'll not see me nor anyone who follows Christ do such a thing.

[Witness our born again G.W. Bush who laughed when he rejected a clemency request from a grandmother on death row or sends depleted uranium into living rooms, etc.]

Did G.W. Bush die for my sins? Did G.W. Bush claim to be the one and only Son of God? Is there a religious sect called the Bushtians that I'm unaware of?

A thinking individual cannot easily accept a religion which praises God as all loving but warns all that if one strays from God's (that religion's) path one is damned in this world and the next. And most religions do say this - IMO as a matter of self survival. If it doesn't matter which religion you follow provided you love youself and God, why not choose or create a more enjoyable religion? Better yet, why not simply live without formal religion? Who needs it?

I'm sure many feel they don't need God...yet. It's easy to say such a thing until we have to account for our thinking/doings in our 70 + - years here.

Personally, I find that the existence of the Almighty is proven for me in daily experience provided I am open to receive the gift. Spiritual enlightenment is the key, not adherence to religious dogma. The words of any prophet are merely sign posts in the wilderness. Sometimes they apply for you, sometimes they don't. When I am immersed in a depressed state of negativity and self-loathing, I typically miss the moment and the gift is lost.

For me this is faith. My faith is that the gifts will keep arriving provided I am open to receiving them. The big love thing is very important to opening this door as approaching any situation with motives besides accepting the gift that is offered and offering your own at the same time will cloud your judgment and create fear and confusion and the gift will be lost as it will not be recognised.

Funny that you're condemning a belief that has written in it's Book "God is love" then. Faith is a useful tool, but having faith in the wrong thing such as humanity can yield some pretty devistating results.

IMO the truly enlightened find the gift in the most heinous situations imaginable. I am not there but I have managed to find many gifts in horrible circumstances and my life has been blessed many times because I have been open and ready to provide what I can in my own way.

It's way beyond religion people. It's way, way deeper than that. But it's important to know that you can reject the dogma of religion and still walk the walk and live the life. IMO it is what we are here to do. So give it a try sometime. You might surprise yourself.

When that doesn't work, please give God a try as well.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

You believe God requires our help to save someone?

You are already saved. You need to do nothing in order to receive God's love and compassion for that is what God is.

That would be a contradiction, which is why you'll not see me nor anyone who follows Christ do such a thing.

Many who claim Christ as their savior have, throughout history, killed in God's name.

Did G.W. Bush die for my sins? Did G.W. Bush claim to be the one and only Son of God? Is there a religious sect called the Bushtians that I'm unaware of?

G.W. is believed by many, many self-proclaimed Christians to have a direct line of communication with the Almighty. It makes little difference what your opinion is.

I'm sure many feel they don't need God...yet. It's easy to say such a thing until we have to account for our thinking/doings in our 70 + - years here.

You are a believer in a retributive God who will cast the sinner into the pits of hell, yes? I find that belief sad.

Funny that you're condemning a belief that has written in it's Book "God is love" then. Faith is a useful tool, but having faith in the wrong thing such as humanity can yield some pretty devistating results.

I condemn nothing. If you find your God in a book so be it. As I said, the words of prophets are merely sign-posts. I find God in daily living. To each his own. Having faith in humanity is having faith in God's highest creation we are aware of. It is having faith in ourselves. It is essential to finding a path to God IMO.

My God is with me always as I "give God a try" every day.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Why is it that just because some people don't have the exact same beliefs in the same regards that you do, you automatically assume that they don't have God in their hearts?
I read seattlelaw's entire post and I felt it was clear as day that he has God in his heart.

I believe in God. I believe in Gods love, I just don't believe that he punishes us and sends us to hell for stupid, egotistical things. We call God the father right? Would a good father disown his child just because his child is a little angry or upset with him? Would a good father disown his child for questioning his beliefs in order to truly understand him? I don't believe that a good father would.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

You are already saved. You need to do nothing in order to receive God's love and compassion for that is what God is.

Cool. Nor does God require my help in saving someone else. I can say however, He has invited me in on the process and am truly blessed to be a part of it. To witness someone with my own eyes coming to see and know God is nothing short of a miracle.

Many who claim Christ as their savior have, throughout history, killed in God's name.

I don't care who claims what. Nowhere is it written, "I will seal their lips before they claim my name and it not be true". Jesus has plenty to say about hypocrisy so I don't need to.

G.W. is believed by many, many self-proclaimed Christians to have a direct line of communication with the Almighty. It makes little difference what your opinion is.

I agree my opinion makes no difference, but I don't know of a single person who follows the teachings of and worships G.W. Bush. It would be impossible to do so yet retain the name of CHRISTian. You're the first I've heard who would like Bush to stand as the shining star and example of God.

You are a believer in a retributive God who will cast the sinner into the pits of hell, yes? I find that belief sad.

Then your issue is not with me. Take it up with Him, I don't get to mold reality around my desires.

I condemn nothing. If you find your God in a book so be it. As I said, the words of prophets are merely sign-posts. I find God in daily living. To each his own. Having faith in humanity is having faith in God's highest creation we are aware of.

God disagrees:

Romans 1:25
"They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen."

It is having faith in ourselves. It is essential to finding a path to God IMO.

Good fortune with that, it's a much longer road from what I understand.

My God is with me always as I "give God a try" every day.

It's good to have this option at least open if not pursued.

[edit on 15-9-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I agree with Snowflake Obsidian in questioning the ubiquitous religious "know it all" who can so easily judge another's faith with apparent impunity. The sarcasm reveals a lack of faith, ultimately. The 'holier than thou' attitude causes isolation, fear and hatred not love, respect and community.

Personal isolation in an ivory tower of one's faith is not the path Christ pursued. Christ welcomes all with an open heart. Remember, Christ was a Jew, not a Christian. Christ didn't create your faith He taught people how to live with faith in God and love for each other without regard to religious methodology. Also, Christ didn't write the Bible and neither did God. The Bible was written by men for men and the text is certainly open to interpretation. You may believe the Bible is the Word of God but God would not create something with so much inherent contradiction and fear of Him.

But enjoy your book.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I agree with Snowflake Obsidian in questioning the ubiquitous religious "know it all" who can so easily judge another's faith with apparent impunity. The sarcasm reveals a lack of faith, ultimately. The 'holier than thou' attitude causes isolation, fear and hatred not love, respect and community.

I agree, though I think sarcasm can help others see a different side. I hope you're not charging me with any of these, are you?

Personal isolation in an ivory tower of one's faith is not the path Christ pursued. Christ welcomes all with an open heart. Remember, Christ was a Jew, not a Christian. Christ didn't create your faith He taught people how to live with faith in God and love for each other without regard to religious methodology. Also, Christ didn't write the Bible and neither did God.

Actually he did write one part of it...but out of anger we broke it and had to go back up for another copy. It is no wonder he had us dictate the rest.

The Bible was written by men for men and the text is certainly open to interpretation.

I'd recommend not interpreting, but rather having the aim of reading and comprehending.

You may believe the Bible is the Word of God but God would not create something with so much inherent contradiction and fear of Him.

What contradiction? And, why should I not fear doing something against His love? Do you not fear doing something against someone's love you hold to?

But enjoy your book.

Surely.

[edit on 15-9-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I agree, though I think sarcasm can help others see a different side. I hope you're not charging me with any of these, are you?

Judge not ...

Actually he did write one part of it...but out of anger we broke it and had to go back up for another copy. It is no wonder he had us dictate the rest.

Yes, yes, the stone tablets. What a colorful myth. So when it comes to the Bible, you're a "strict constructionist" taking all the myth, allegory, metaphor and other tools so common among early writers to convey a message as the verbatim truth?

I'd recommend not interpreting, but rather having the aim of reading and comprehending.

One's comprehension of anything is colored by his own viewpoint. For this reason there are no true sinners. Everyone does that which he believes is right given his model of the world. The only sin is in not loving/believing in yourself and therefore

And, why should I not fear doing something against His love? Do you not fear doing something against someone's love you hold to?

... if you don't betray yourself you will never betray the Creator, for he/she is within us.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Also, Christ didn't write the Bible and neither did God. The Bible was written by men for men and the text is certainly open to interpretation. You may believe the Bible is the Word of God but God would not create something with so much inherent contradiction and fear of Him.

But enjoy your book.

Be careful in what you think of the Holy Bible. It was written by humans with Divine Inspiration, so it was, is, and will always be the Word of God. If we do not feel the Bible is the Word of God, we stop holding many things if not everything as Holy, Sacred, or Spirited, and ulitmately have lower views of the Infinitely Great God, which is a horrible sin. Our mind partly closes and we start having less respect for everything.

The Bible is the most Holy, Sacred, and quoted Book in history. It is the Book that is most prayed over and blessed. Daily reading of the Holy Bible has improved my life immensely and the lives of countless others.

Deep reading of the Holy Bible yields no contradiction.

May you gather future Spirit, Holiness, and Wisdom from reading the Bible or learning from someone who has!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join