It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you do anything in Life, LOVE GOD!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Reject personal accomplishments if it decreases your LOVE FOR GOD!!! Do everything that increases your LOVE FOR GOD!!!

What methods do you use to increase your LOVE FOR GOD? I use Prayer, Sacred Text Reading and Learning, and Loving and Kind Acts towards Others.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Simple question, how can I love something that does not exist?

I really want to know, not just saying so.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
GTech, I do much of the same. I ponder the word and ask for revelation. I weigh myself in balances of others constantly so that I can not boast or envy.

Love comes from hope, and hope comes from faith.

Those who search out love have a good measure of faith and hope.

May God increase your love GreatTech!

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
ben91069, may God increase your love also!!! Excellent statements!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
One shouldn't "search out love".

Love does not come from hope and hope doesnt always come from faith.

God doesn't increase love, God doesn't decrease love, God doesn't take anything away from you. I'm fine if you attribute something good to God, but don't think for a second that God would ever punish you for making a mistake.

I swear, its like the two of you went to some kind of jesus camp and came back completely brainwashed. God wants you to think for yourself and live life however you want, as long as you're not hurting yourself or others. Thats easy to remember, and it allows you to enjoy your stay here on Earth.

Live a little guys. God told me he'd make my babies deformed if I ever went to your Jesus camp.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nihilist Fiend
Simple question, how can I love something that does not exist?

I really want to know, not just saying so.

My dear friend, love comes from hope in something that you desire. I already see you desire a truth. The first step is a leap of faith. Your first step is equal to God hisself helping you help yourself. Have faith in what you don't see and it will grow in you and be ripe for a harvest.

The seed is within you, but you have to have faith in God for it to grow. Cast off all disbelief and the seed will grow - guaranteed.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Or he can actively seek an answer rather than hope God speaks to him. Sometimes it's ok to use one's intellect to seek answers rather than leave everything one does to belief and hope. Hope, and especially false hope has led to the deaths of millions around the world and throughout time.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
God does want you to think for yourself, to challenge yourself, act for yourself.

But it is a personal relationship we have. God sits within your heart, observing, allowing certain currents at certain times. He/She's your best friend, in that no secrets are kept.

It is very easy to understand your own morality, because it is a common thing we share. You don't need to believe in God for that.

But God is a lot more than just a label. Every human being hungers for truth. God is truth and God is pain. God is a concept for what's missing, what we have forgotten. What is out there beyond us and inside us that we feel we need to acquire and struggle for in order to stop the acquiring and struggling.

Our will always aspires to move ahead. Despite plenty of evidence to the contrary, there is intelligence there, a mystical desire of being connected to something larger and more profound. I refuse to believe that iour world full of individuality and personality is not a reflection of the larger forces responsible for this form of creation.

God is an individual
God has a personality

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akraites
One shouldn't "search out love".

Love does not come from hope and hope doesnt always come from faith.

Love in definition is a perfection, which everyone strives to be in their own truth, therefore you have to have hope in it first for it to be a reality, otherwise you cannot attain it before you have a belief in it. You have a definition of love as all do, and you follow the same principals of belief first, then hope in that belief to achieve love. If the love is not pure, all the faith and hope leads one to something short of love:

Love is patient, kind, not envious, not proud, doesn't behave itself inappropriately, doesn't seek its own way, is not provoked, takes no account of evil, not rejoicing in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

God doesn't increase love, God doesn't decrease love, God doesn't take anything away from you. I'm fine if you attribute something good to God, but don't think for a second that God would ever punish you for making a mistake.

Love is the personification of perfection of God, therefore within our realm of existence, it is God who gives and takes the amount of love we know, for it isn't our desire to know and obtain love, but that it is a reciprocal system in our understanding now. If we seek perfection of love it is aligned with the truth and we get it if we do so sincerely, for even our own desires come from God, otherwise no one could boast of even thinking of the idea of seeking perfection or love. I tell you the truth, the believers and those who do not are all aligned with love through destiny and not free-will.

I swear, its like the two of you went to some kind of jesus camp and came back completely brainwashed. God wants you to think for yourself and live life however you want, as long as you're not hurting yourself or others. Thats easy to remember, and it allows you to enjoy your stay here on Earth.

I sort of just laugh at this, because you have no idea. I have been studying and seeking this all my life and it is only been coming in its fullness of understanding to me recently. So if a Jesus camp is ever since I can remember, then I guess you are right. But this is not a new thing to me and I cannot speak for GreatTech.

Your philosophy is somewhat correct. You have the values that lead to perfection, but it doesn't account for everyone. Even if you lived a perfect life and lived to perfection, then what about the rest of the world? It isn't really about one person finding love and truth, because if one person loves and the rest of the population does not, then the entire world destroys itself eventually and then what? God's plan is for everyone to see this truth, not just you and not just me. If my belief agrees with God's then to me I have finished my goal in life and need do nothing more but wait until it is God's time to finish his work with everyone else.

Live a little guys. God told me he'd make my babies deformed if I ever went to your Jesus camp.

I live a lot more than you think. They would kick me out of the so-called "Jesus camp".

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I do not love god, even if i knew he existed (Which he dont), i wouldnt love such a terrible person.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jugg
I do not love god, even if i knew he existed (Which he dont), i wouldnt love such a terrible person.

And are you not hating yourself? He is terrible for what? I am not trying to make an example of you, but just to get you to spill the beans of why you feel God is terrible, for I know it relies on the fact that you feel life is terrible - am I correct?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
What methods do you use to increase your LOVE FOR GOD?

LOVE your neighbor as you LOVE YOURSELF.

Even if your neighbor is Saddam Hussein.

Seriously.

Can you do it?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
WB Annie!

Good to see you youre working again!

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by GreatTech
What methods do you use to increase your LOVE FOR GOD?

LOVE your neighbor as you LOVE YOURSELF.

Even if your neighbor is Saddam Hussein.

Seriously.

Can you do it?

Through free-will, then one must hate Saddam, because free-will makes competition of who lords over who. Through destiny, it is even acceptable that Saddam was lord over Iraq, and justifies that it was God's will that he ruled for a time.

Free-will gives justification to the self and presents problems with envy, jealousy, and pride. Destiny puts the power out of our hands and into God's so that with understanding no one can legitimize anything but love for another.

Just like an old man who cannot feed or clothe hisself, so is the sons of man. For our spiritual food comes from above and so do our spiritual clothes. This describes the time when free-will sways towards destiny.

[edit on 28-8-2006 by ben91069]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069

And are you not hating yourself? He is terrible for what? I am not trying to make an example of you, but just to get you to spill the beans of why you feel God is terrible, for I know it relies on the fact that you feel life is terrible - am I correct?

No, i dont hate myself.

God, the » fictitious character in the new and old testement, is a horrible person.

Read genesis 35:5, Numbers 23:24, Deuteronomy 12:30 and there hundreds of more.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069

No, i dont hate myself.

God, the » fictitious character in the new and old testement, is a horrible person.

The God of the Old Testament presented itself to the Jews for a purpose. Now why do you think he is terrible today since he doesn't come down and talk to a Moses figure and delegate orders and laws and such. Why is it you think he is terrible today?

I will get back to you on the hating yourself thing, because it has to do with judging others. You take offense of it, but I feel you don't see what I am trying to say yet, so maybe you can answer the first question before I present why I said you hate yourself.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
No.. i really DONT hate my self. Im quite happy with my life, i got money, education and a great social life.

I think YOU hate yourself since you must beleive in a god to be happy.

Why is it you think he is terrible today?

Because he was terrible once. I wouldnt trust saddam hussein with my life just because he hasent done anything wrong for a few years.

[edit on 28/8/06 by Jugg]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Gen 35:5 describes a protection of the sons of Jacob on their journey to Bethel. It does not say anything but the fear of God was placed on others so that they would be feared and safe in their journey.

Num 23:24 refers to The sons of Jacob becoming strong and becoming like a lion and devouring its prey. It is speaking of a time in the future from its writing. What is wrong with God allowing a group to become strong over another for a time of testing?

Deu 12:30 is probably the most important of these, for it reads that one should not take stock in themselves but by the power of God that allowed nations to conquer and be conquered. It suggests that it is not our power that makes a nation great, but God's will.

The battle of good and evil is not outward, but inward.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Why is it you think he is terrible today?

Because he was terrible once. I wouldnt trust saddam hussein with my life just because he hasent done anything wrong for a few years.

[edit on 28/8/06 by Jugg]

He hasn't done anything wrong lately, because he is imprisoned. But what is it to you? Seriously (with great empathy) I want to understand why you feel Saddam is terrible and why you think a person is good or bad. Is it because they are bad or because they are put in that position?

You already proved my point from your scripture, but you didn't see that. God does in fact make us do his will - even Saddam. So how can you blame a man who is like the Roman Centurion and takes his orders from his chain of command?

The Centurion had faith, so should you. But you think people are able to make decisions on their own when this is not true. This is an illusion designed to make you believe in free-will. If you truly had power over decisions, you could take control of the world today.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Interpretations...

How can you like a god that incourages drinking blood?

Im out of this discussion for now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join