It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you do anything in Life, LOVE GOD!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jugg
Interpretations...

How can you like a god that incourages drinking blood?

Im out of this discussion for now.

Sorry that I offended you so much Jugg. That wasn't my intention to run you off, because I never used a harsh word against you. This is supposed to be a forum where people talk about subjects, and now you bring up drinking blood to support the 3 scriptures you mentioned. Maybe I am wrong, because I didn't read a few more or less verses before and after them, but if you want to bring up drinking blood, then reference that as well and maybe there is a conclusion to this without you leaving the conversation.

My apologies to you.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Reject personal accomplishments if it decreases your LOVE FOR GOD!!! Do everything that increases your LOVE FOR GOD!!!

What methods do you use to increase your LOVE FOR GOD? I use Prayer, Sacred Text Reading and Learning, and Loving and Kind Acts towards Others.

You certainly have your priorities in the right order, Great Tech. God occupies the highest position in life. As our Lord said, we must seek the kingdom of God first and everything else will be added on.

May God pour His blessings upon you!

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Reject personal accomplishments if it decreases your LOVE FOR GOD!!! Do everything that increases your LOVE FOR GOD!!!

What methods do you use to increase your LOVE FOR GOD? I use Prayer, Sacred Text Reading and Learning, and Loving and Kind Acts towards Others.

Why do you insist in making these statements? Why should I care about your god or any other for that matter? I'll love what and who I like, not what and who someone else decides for me. Tell you what -

HATE YOUR GOD, Reject your religion and your place of worship. Reject prayer and scripture. Do not do anything that would associate yourself with any religion. Once everyone HATES their god then we will all be HAPPY with no religion.!!!

G

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069

Originally posted by Jugg
Interpretations...

How can you like a god that incourages drinking blood?

Im out of this discussion for now.

Sorry that I offended you so much Jugg. That wasn't my intention to run you off, because I never used a harsh word against you. This is supposed to be a forum where people talk about subjects, and now you bring up drinking blood to support the 3 scriptures you mentioned. Maybe I am wrong, because I didn't read a few more or less verses before and after them, but if you want to bring up drinking blood, then reference that as well and maybe there is a conclusion to this without you leaving the conversation.

My apologies to you.

Hehe i wasent insulted, i was at school, and right now im heading for a friends house. Ill join this discussion again tomorrow with verses from NT.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
HATE YOUR GOD, Reject your religion and your place of worship. Reject prayer and scripture. Do not do anything that would associate yourself with any religion. Once everyone HATES their god then we will all be HAPPY with no religion.!!!
G

shihulud, LOVE God! WORSHIP God! SURRENDER to God! And you will be happier than you've ever been before!

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Why should I care about your god or any other for that matter?

The one who can best answer this for you right now sits staring at their monitor reading this statement. Why do you care? Why, when someone mentions something about God, about His love for you, that you lash out so vehemently? Is it because you feel betrayed by Him from some experience in the past? Is it because you can't fathom such an unconditional love? Is it because of past experiences with a church? Do you feel left out seeing others feel their lives have been fulfilled? Is it something else?

Because make no mistake, you do care. I've talked with people who don't care about "my" God. They don't lash out; they just don't care. You lash out. There's something more there. So what's your story, why do you hate Him so much that it makes you angry enough to take the time to write out such a response every time you see someone finding contentment or happiness in Christ?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I kind of have a problem with the rejecting personal accomplishments thing. I mean, I feel that by accomplishing things and showing God that we are striving to be the best person we can be, I feel that is showing God love because we would be showing him the great things that his creation can accomplish.

I mean, I wouldn't want a God who just expected us to sit around and worship him all day while nothing gets done. That would make him kind of egotistical and so...not perfect.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I agree with you completely snowflake, although it is a rather grey line on whether or not your own personal accomplishments jive exactly with what God wants you to do for the betterment of yourself and others..

Surrendering to God does not mean giving up your own individuality and personality. As far as I know, and I certainly don't know much, it is mainly a process of humility, of removing your own raw selfish desires to lord over your own nature. It is not a humility that causes you to be stepped on and martyred. It is instead an understanding that while you may be doing great and important things attached to your own name, ultimately the effect, benefit, and enjoyment is for God.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
How can you develop love if you are hopeless?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tunin
How can you develop love if you are hopeless?

What do you mean? What is it that leaves you or whomever you're speaking of without hope?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Senseless things. Imagine this:
One day you're free, your spirit is free and then something happens.
You're not free anymore.
You start to look for answers, something to repair it, something to change it. And then you realise, it's almost too late. I should have done something that day, but why haven't I?
6 months now, of pure darkness. Earlier that, my problems weren't solved, my personal life wasn't doing so well, in fact never did, I was just, hanging on.
And then, BOOM.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
shihulud, LOVE God! WORSHIP God! SURRENDER to God! And you will be happier than you've ever been before!

No I wont be happier!. My life is a damn site more interesting the way it is without the restrictions of religion.

Originally posted by junglejake

The one who can best answer this for you right now sits staring at their monitor reading this statement. Why do you care? Why, when someone mentions something about God, about His love for you, that you lash out so vehemently? Is it because you feel betrayed by Him from some experience in the past? Is it because you can't fathom such an unconditional love? Is it because of past experiences with a church? Do you feel left out seeing others feel their lives have been fulfilled? Is it something else?
Because make no mistake, you do care. I've talked with people who don't care about "my" God. They don't lash out; they just don't care. You lash out. There's something more there. So what's your story, why do you hate Him so much that it makes you angry enough to take the time to write out such a response every time you see someone finding contentment or happiness in Christ?

One of my problems with religion is the way religious people tend to think they know better than me how to run MY life, how a belief in some mythical deity is somehow going to change the world. But the worst of all is the utter baseless conviction of correctness but with a total disregard for information and facts to the contrary just because it doesn't suit your religious beliefs.

G

link   

Originally posted by SkyWay

No I wont be happier!. My life is a damn site more interesting the way it is without the restrictions of religion.

One of my problems with religion is the way religious people tend to think they know better than me how to run MY life, how a belief in some mythical deity is somehow going to change the world. But the worst of all is the utter baseless conviction of correctness but with a total disregard for information and facts to the contrary just because it doesn't suit your religious beliefs.

G

link   
Hmmm Double post. First one I've ever had

[edit on 29-8-2006 by shihulud]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

One of my problems with religion is the way religious people tend to think they know better than me how to run MY life, how a belief in some mythical deity is somehow going to change the world.

This is actually just a misunderstanding. At least, it is if you get that impression from me. I don't know what is best for your life. Heck, I don't even know what is best for my life, how could I possibly think I am equipped to manage someone else's life when I cannot manage my own?

What I do think, though, is that the one who created you does know what is best for you. You're also making a great assumption that God is mythical and not real. There is no scientific reason to believe that God is not real; His existance cannot be tested by current scientific means. Therefore, you are making this assumption based on faith. Just something to think about.

But the worst of all is the utter baseless conviction of correctness but with a total disregard for information and facts to the contrary just because it doesn't suit your religious beliefs.

Do you appreciate irony? Seriously, what would you think if that quote above had Originally posted by junglejake before it and, instead of religious, it said personal?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

One of my problems with religion is the way religious people tend to think they know better than me how to run MY life, how a belief in some mythical deity is somehow going to change the world.

This is actually just a misunderstanding. At least, it is if you get that impression from me. I don't know what is best for your life. Heck, I don't even know what is best for my life, how could I possibly think I am equipped to manage someone else's life when I cannot manage my own?

No I dont get the impression from everyone, the majority though! So why do people insist that what I believe to be wrong?

What I do think, though, is that the one who created you does know what is best for you. You're also making a great assumption that God is mythical and not real. There is no scientific reason to believe that God is not real; His existance cannot be tested by current scientific means. Therefore, you are making this assumption based on faith. Just something to think about.
OK lets see, Mythical
Main Entry: myth (FROM MERRIAM-WEBSTER)
1 a : a usually traditional story of ostensibly historical events that serves to unfold part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon b : PARABLE, ALLEGORY
2 a : a popular belief or tradition that has grown up around something or someone; especially : one embodying the ideals and institutions of a society or segment of society b : an unfounded or false notion
3 : a person or thing having only an imaginary or unverifiable existence

Doesn't any deity come under the above? I think so
Do you think I just decided that a god wasn't real and never thought or studied anything about religious practices? I have thought long and hard to arrive at the conclusion that a deity/creator couldn't probably exist. While you give no justification that your god exists (as you say his existance cannot be tested) and so I'm supposed to believe just because someone else says so or a book says so? Doesn't work like that. So why do you assume he does exist? Why do you dismiss the notions of others? I.e Do you believe in Beer elves, werewolves,trolls, ghosts,demons, aliens?

But the worst of all is the utter baseless conviction of correctness but with a total disregard for information and facts to the contrary just because it doesn't suit your religious beliefs.

Do you appreciate irony? Seriously, what would you think if that quote above had Originally posted by junglejake before it and, instead of religious, it said personal?

There is NO irony , my personal beliefs are based on my observations/ experiences not rammed down my thoat by some evangelical. And I would love to see information and facts to the contrary!

G

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Which god should I love? Theres too many to choose.

Somebody help!

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

Somebody help!

I'd like to help. If you're serious in this statement, please send U2U.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Somebody help!

I'd like to help. If you're serious in this statement, please send U2U.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by saint4God]

Actually ,I wasn't serious in my intent to find a god to love, I already found my religion.

But I was making a blanket statement. There are many gods, all claim them to be true gods, and should one have more reverence then the other?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Actually ,I wasn't serious in my intent to find a god to love, I already found my religion.

Right on. I did want to offer though since I was unsure.

Originally posted by tunin
But I was making a blanket statement. There are many gods, all claim them to be true gods, and should one have more reverence then the other?

I think that's a question worth exploring by all of us, seek and you'll find. My answer is yes, but I don't expect anyone who hasn't travelled a similar road to agree.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join