It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions in Turkey!(UPDATE new blasts)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
How come I have not seen anything on CNN.com?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
CNN, MSNBC havent said a thing. FOX had a little blurb in between commercials.
That's the one i heard.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I only see one article listed on Google. Its very rare that the big news broadcasters will have such a delay in breaking such news.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I only see one article listed on Google. Its very rare that the big news broadcasters will have such a delay in breaking such news.

Yep im finding that a bit odd, The delay in this getting to the web has been ages,

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This personally is scary for me because i have been along that road in a dulmus (bus and sorry about the spelling
).

We always knew Turkey would be hit but it was just a case of when.

Love and thoughts of the people hurt and scared.

Oni x x

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It's been on CNN for about 45 minutes now...

27 hurt in string of Turkey blasts

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
UPDATE:

NEW blast!

1 person killed and 5 injured in Antalya in Turkey

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
UPDATE:

Now 2 people known to have been killed in Todays Blast

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
UPDATE: Antalya blast

there is no 3 dead and 18 known to have been injured in todays blast,

Also related to last nights one in Marmiaus, a few controlled explosions have taken place today,

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Could this be some part of an offensive by Kurdish separatists?
Last week both the Turkish and Iranian armies were shelling the Kurds inside Iraq, and now 5+ bombs in Turkey's principal tourist areas on the south coast and Istanbul

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yep its looking more and more likey that this might be Kurds as it bares all the hallmarks of other attacks before,

There really trying to hit the tourist areas which i guess is where the money is,

Sad sad stuff,

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
UPDATE: Just breaking,

AP: Kurdish rebel group claims bombings in Marmaris and Istanbul

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is bad but why the delay in the news now that strange!

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by El Che
This is bad but why the delay in the news now that strange!

It is strange. I've only heard a blurb or two about this on U.S. cable news.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Latest from CNN.

ISTANBUL (CNN) -- An explosion Monday ripped through the Turkish resort town of Antalya, killing at least three people and wounding 18, police officials told CNN

It is unclear what caused the explosion or if it was related to a string of bombings along the Mediterranean coast and in Istanbul earlier in the day that left dozens wounded.

Earlier in the day, at least three explosions left 21 people wounded in Marmaris on the southwest coast of Turkey, CNN Turk reported. None of those treated at Caria Hospital in Marmaris had life-threatening injuries, a spokeswoman said.

And an explosion in the commercial center of Istanbul wounded six people, three of them seriously, the network reported, citing local authorities and witnesses. (Posted 11:11 a.m.)

www.cnn.com...

Latest from Sky News.

A Kurdish rebel group has said it carried out Sunday's minibus bombing at a Turkish resort and a blast in Istanbul that injured six.

The Kurdistan Freedom Fighters, a group linked to the Kurdistan Workers Party, made a statement on its website for warning that "Turkey is not a safe country, tourists should not come to Turkey".

news.sky.com...

Worrying times indeed.

[edit on 28-8-2006 by Mindwalker]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
tODAY in the US, we're being bombarded by some kind of "celebration" of the anniversary of kller hurricane Katrina. (go figure that one out)

On top of that, someone left a "threatening note" onboard an airplane so that had to be diverted....

Guess we dont have time to report bombings when we have our hands so "full" of interesting prop.....errrr...news.

Please keep us up to date.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
While I fully support the Kurdish peoples right to exist in a free state not under the control of suppressors, it is sad to see innocent people being killed because of this. They should be hitting military targets or government installations, they get nowhere through the murder of innocent people..

This could be a retaliation for the shelling of of the Kurds by Iran and Turkey. You are wondering why the US is not making any big news day out of these events? Why when it could be used as propaganda for the Bush folks to say we need to expand our war on terror???

Because the Kurds are so self reliant, so free of terror, so self governing that they do not need significant US help, which means the US let the Kurds go unchecked to send more troops to the south, where the Shiites and the Sunnis cannot behave themselves. It is because of this, that if the US made a news day out of these events, in reality to fault actually comes back to them. And Iran and Turkey for bombing them, many people are to blame for this, including the PKK which does not represent the majority of Kurds.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
it is sad to see innocent people being killed because of this. They should be hitting military targets or government installations, they get nowhere through the murder of innocent people..

Because the Kurds are so self reliant, so free of terror, so self governing that they do not need significant US help, which means the US let the Kurds go unchecked to send more troops to the south, where the Shiites and the Sunnis cannot behave themselves. It is because of this, that if the US made a news day out of these events, in reality to fault actually comes back to them. And Iran and Turkey for bombing them, many people are to blame for this, including the PKK which does not represent the majority of Kurds.

By allowing these Kurds to cause problems in Turkey, we are also encouraging the extremist muslim groups to recruit there...

tourism is the main reason that Turkey gets along so well with the world...
without tourism , Turkey becomes more isolated, and in turn, more susceptable to extremist forms of Islam...

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
While I fully support the Kurdish peoples right to exist in a free state not under the control of suppressors, it is sad to see innocent people being killed because of this. They should be hitting military targets or government installations, they get nowhere through the murder of innocent people..

It appears this was the work of the PKK, a separate terrorist group. The entire Kurd populace should not be condemned because of it. As you pointed out.

This could be a retaliation for the shelling of of the Kurds by Iran and Turkey. You are wondering why the US is not making any big news day out of these events? Why when it could be used as propaganda for the Bush folks to say we need to expand our war on terror???

Very possible that it was retaliation.

Did you hear about the Lebanese guys that were arrested for attempting to bomb two trains in Germany on July 31? I didn't think so... it received very little MSM coverage and no responses to an ATSNN article on it.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This thread is starting to crack me up.

Hezzbollah can fire rockets into Israel with complate disreguard of where they land and it is OK since Israel supposedly attacked them first. Now the Kurds ARE attacked by Turkey and Iran. The Kurds retalliate by planting bombs in some resort areas and you people are griping about it. The hypocracy is flowing hot and heavy today.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join