It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions in Turkey!(UPDATE new blasts)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
21 people and 10 of which Britons have been taken to Hospital after being caught up in 3 explosion in the popular turkish resort of Marmaris,

More as it comes in

Eye whitness says that it seems a bus was blew up,

www.alertnet.org...

[edit on 27-8-2006 by asala]

[edit on 28-8-2006 by asala]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Other eye witness says he thinks he may have seen deaths,(Not confirmed)

Ten Britons have been injured after three explosions hit a holiday resort in Turkey, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) has said.
The blasts happened at the coastal resort of Marmaris.

All ten are in hospital with four seriously injured, the FOC said. The explosions are said to have occurred in the past few

news.bbc.co.uk...

My sister only got back from there 2 weeks ago, This time of night it really is buzzing this would be a very busy time,

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Also hearing that there is also a bombing in Istanbul

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Wow asala you beat cnn and fox news nice work!

As for the explosions is that not the same area there was bus or car bombs a few years ago?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think it was, and that i believe was Kurds who carried out that attack,

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
There have been 3 separate blasts!!

This is terrible. Thanks for bringing this up, Asala.

WTH

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

There have been 3 separate blasts

well 4!

3 in Turkey and 1 in Istanbal (which is not far)

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
I think it was, and that i believe was Kurds who carried out that attack,

Hmm, sounds more like al-Qaeda to me...maybe the Turkish gov't is blaming the Kurds though.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This is not good. Are they still happening???

I have Fox on but they havent said much about it.

Asala,
you mentioned 3 blasts at the beginning..i skipped right thru that part.
Sorry.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Djohn,

Why go to Al Qaeda right away as someone to foint the pinger to???

Assuming they really exist, there are others around causing trouble in the world.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Istanbal blast has injured 6 im hearing,

Links will follow as soon as i can get them

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Djohn,

Assuming they really exist, there are others around causing trouble in the world.

Didn't you know everything from the twin towers to someone getting robbed on the street is Al-Queda nowadays.

Lets just hope there is nomore loss of life.EDIT Sorry none of the injuries are life threatening.

[edit on 27/8/2006 by kuhl]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
4 explosions in Marmaras(sp/) now according to Sky.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
0207 008 00 00 is the number for anyone who has family out there,

This again in a major holiday resort for Britons,

Hearing that 4 of the 10 Uk people are seriously injured,

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
One of the bombs where on a mini bus,

the other 2 blasts where along the main bolovard in Marmaris

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Djohn,

Attacking a vacation spot popular with westerners with multiple attacks seems to fit the al-Qaeda profile, but seems totally illogical why the Kurds would do this. Kurdish separatists would almost certainly attack high value targets to the Turkish government.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77Attacking a vacation spot popular with westerners with multiple attacks seems to fit the al-Qaeda profile, but seems totally illogical why the Kurds would do this. Kurdish separatists would almost certainly attack high value targets to the Turkish government.

Let me, well Wikipedia, give you a run-down on the Kurdish separatist problem in Turkey most exemplified by the terror organization PKK (Kurdistan Worker's Party)...

The Kurdistan Workers Party (Kurdish: Partiya Karkerên Kurdistan or PKK), also known as KADEK and Kongra-Gel, is a militant group, aiming to create an independent Kurdish state in a territory (sometimes referred to as Kurdistan) that consists of parts of south-eastern Turkey, north-eastern Iraq, north-eastern Syria and north-western Iran. Its ideological foundation is revolutionary Marxism-Leninism and Kurdish nationalism. It is an ethnic secessionist organisation using force and threat of force against both civilian and military targets for the purpose of achieving its political goal. The PKK is listed as a terrorist organisation internationally by a number of states and organisations, including the USA and the EU.[1] (The Party for a Free Life in Kurdistan (PEJAK) based in northern Iraq and operating in Iran is associated with the PKK.)

en.wikipedia.org...

Kurdish separatists have a history of striking popular resorts as well...

A group called the Kurdish Liberation Hawks (Tak) said it carried out the bombing in Cesme on 10 July.

Their overall aim is to force the Turkish government to grant autonomy to the predominantly Kurdish south-east of the country, but the means to that end appears to be to strike at the tourism industry - the life blood of the Turkish economy, our correspondent says.

The Tak is an offshoot of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), which has been fighting the government for independence since 1984.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Attacking a vacation spot popular with westerners with multiple attacks seems to fit the al-Qaeda profile, but seems totally illogical why the Kurds would do this. Kurdish separatists would almost certainly attack high value targets to the Turkish government.

Erm, it's exactly the same MO the Kurds have used time and again, so it's not going to be your boogey-man "Al Qaeda".

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Ok, I guess I was wrong

Let's see what comes out of the investigation.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Djohn,

We took care of you, didnt we?

Just kidding.

My love always.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join