It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American army covering up their mistakes...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Check this out. It seems like the human intelligence and peacekeeping departments are horrible, but they're suppressing the information. So the public isn't hearing anything.

What do you guys think???

slate.msn.com...

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Check this out. It seems like the human intelligence and peacekeeping departments are horrible, but they're suppressing the information. So the public isn't hearing anything.

Well from an English perspective, that's been reoprted on the news a number of times. A lot of the problems you initially had upon the Invasion ending where down to your lack of experience and bad-handling of the civillian situation. As a result when the war 'ended' you still had very restless 'natives' kicking up a fuss, so to speak, as your troops didn't know how to deal with them, so still saw them as 'the enemy' and treated them as such.

On the other hand, the British army have had very few problems from the Iraqis in this respect. With decades of experience in policing civillian populations in both post-war and wartime situations, we have had a minimal amount of post-invasion casualties, and a minimum amount of beligerence from the Iraqis.

The Americans really have come across as trigger happy and 'gung-ho' in this war, and that attitude - due to lack of correct training or discipline - has fostered the anti-american situation in Iraq at present. I hesitate to say "lack of experience", as from the footage I've seen, a lot of US troops are very immature and incredibly quick to fly off the handle excessively. I've seen a few examples of US troops attempting public arrests which were no different from the Rodney King incident. If you're gonna run around in someone elses country publically dishing out that kind of 'justice' then it's really not that amazing that such information about post-war conduct is being supressed, and that the native population has taken a slight dislike to your post-war presence!

One quick example I saw on TV just the other night, filmed by a UK documentary crew without the soldiers realising. An Iraqi civillain was pulled out of a crowd when some US troops thought they heard shots fired from within a crowd . Five fully armed soldiers dragged one unarmed guy from the crowd to the ground. Whilst one attempted to put wrist restraints on him, a couple held him down. He wasn't in any position to struggle or fight back, yet the other 3 soldiers were busying themselves stamping purposely on his ankles, with the other trying to bend the guys fingers back so they broke. Now, when you have that situation - and you're unsure that you even have the right guy to begin with - I'd assume that to perform such an action infront of a crowd of Iraqi civillains may not be a particularly good thing to do if you're hoping to improve military/civillian relations. One incident like this is too many, doing irrepairable damage to civillain relations. However, I've seen a number of similar incidents caught on film. And no, it's not ALL Americans who are doing it, but it doesn't take ALL. This type of incident is common enough for it to be damaging out of all proportion, especially amongst a people such as the Iraqis who only ever need a vague excuse to get agitated.

Until ALL US troops are disciplined enough NOT to behave in such a manner, then your Govt will NEED to supress information, not only to keep the public happy back home, but to make damn sure the Iraqis don't have even more reason to hate you.

Hopefully this war will be the one where your forces learn that you have to treat your enemy with some respect or civility following the battle. To play the game as you have done thus far only leads to greater problems further down the line. As you are already seeing.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I agree with you, except for the "you" part..... I am not American. But you can point it out the the American members anyway.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Intelligence Sucks because we dont have the people necessary to infiltrate..
groups are not centralized but allied by religious
propaganda...
And yes Everything our [US] gov. does is a mess
when was the last time we actually did something right
thats the nature of bureaucracy..

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
"Hopefully this war will be the one where your forces learn that you have to treat your enemy with some respect or civility following the battle"

The Battle is ongoing !....

Further I believe in the the ancient Chinese method of
dealing with you enemies
Kill em All ..Family Friends Children livestock !
Then you have no enemy left
Thats what I call Peace
Free their spirits
so they can incarnate again
maybe they will learn something in the process

Peace or Death Choose ...........NOW

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
And then suffer the consequences in The Hague, Netherlands.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
And then suffer the consequences in The Hague, Netherlands.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The American army nevr has been a peacekeeping fprce, nor should it be. We are an invasion force. A bateering ram. Peacekeeping is not in our nature, nor will it ever be.

Thus, the stupidity of the conflicts we are so often sent to. WE should not be in Iraq. We should have never been in Somalia, Bosnia, Rwanda, Lebenon, Haiti, Vietnam, so on and so forth. Peacekeeping is nout our duty as I see it, and unless a country is giving us direct and harmful grief, invasion should not be our job either, nor should liberation.

And the US army needs more than discipline, we need more training, we need a total overhaul of the forces. Something that needs to be done back home.

But I have never believed in peacekeeping forces. The idea of sending in foreign military into someones country to sit on the population, no matter whats going on within the borders, whether civil war, ethnic cleansing, ect, has never sat well with me. It is the responsibility of every nation to police thier own damn selves.

Thus, my ill will towards the UN as well.

new topics

top topics

join