It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel accuses Britain of Indirectly supplying Hezbulla with Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well well well, seems that Britian sold 250 night-vision systems to Iran in 2003, which have now been supplied to Hezbulla.

The set of the equipment was found by Israeli forces in the southern Lebanon village of Mis-a-Jebel on August 10, in a house belonging to a 60-year-old man whose four sons are all Hezbollah fighters.

AN URGENT investigation was launched last night after Israel accused Britain of indirectly supplying Hezbollah terrorists with military night-vision equipment that helped them to target Israeli soldiers in Lebanon.

If it is true, this will be an embarassment for the UK Gov, on one hand supporting Israel in this conflict and on the other hand indrectly supplying Hezbulla with military equpment. Oh!!! The shame of it.

I wonder what the outcome of this investigation will be??

Link to article: www.timesonline.co.uk...

A Big Embarrassment for the UK Gov

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
More on this article:

Seems the British are in co-operation with Tehran over the war against drugs, which have may lead to these Nightvision Kits to being supplied to Hezbulla.

They were sold under an export licence in 2003 to help the Iranians to monitor the desert and mountainous border regions with Afghanistan.

Iran has publicly complained that its efforts to counter the drugs traffickers has been ignored by the West. However, Britain has pledged its full support to Tehran in this one area of co-operation. Customs and Excise officers, through drug liaison officers based in Islamabad, in Pakistan and in Tehran, have developed close links to their Iranian counterparts

How Ironic the British trie and help them out, And the Iranians passes the Kits onto Hezzbulah.

What is my Goverment Thinking

[edit on 20-8-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I don't see the big deal. We sold equipment (not weapons) to Iran in peace time, before Ahamdinejad was in power even. The fact that they're being supplied to Hezbollah is none of our business, and certainly not our fault. Israel is being rediculous as usual.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
But kinda funny though, An Israley Soldier finds a Nightvision Kit with the made in Britain Stamped on it.

The equipment was found by Israeli troops in Hezbollah command bunkers in southern Lebanon. Each set was stamped “made in Britain”.

That kills me

Yeah supply both sides and see who wins hmmms. No wonder Blair would not call for a ceasfire.....

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
But kinda funny though, An Israley Soldier finds a Nightvision Kit with the made in Britain Stamped on it.

The equipment was found by Israeli troops in Hezbollah command bunkers in southern Lebanon. Each set was stamped “made in Britain”.

That kills me

Yeah supply both sides and see who wins hmmms. No wonder Blair would not call for a ceasfire.....

yeah that is rather funny....politics aside that has humor to it

As an American I dont think Britain did anything wrong.... Id MUCH rather see night vision goggles that say "made in britain" than reactors stamped "made in france" in lebanon or other iffy middle eastern countries or weapons made in europe in the hands of terrorists. It's bad enough Russia sells them the equipment they do.....

Russia sells to anybody

They even sell weapons to their former enemies

I can buy a whole assortment of Russian small arms here in the US

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

That kills me

yeah that is rather funny....politics aside that has humor to it

As an American I dont think Britain did anything wrong.... Id MUCH rather see night vision goggles that say "made in britain" than reactors stamped "made in france" in lebanon or other iffy middle eastern countries or weapons made in europe in the hands of terrorists. It's bad enough Russia sells them the equipment they do.....

Russia sells to anybody

They even sell weapons to their former enemies

I can buy a whole assortment of Russian small arms here in the US

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
No big deal, anyone can purchase military spec NV equipment off the net. There's a lot of good Russian stuff available at reasonable prices

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
the russian stuff's probably better quality and actually works as well, unlike most of the stuff our goverment sends our troops to war with

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I find it kind of ironic that our useless gov. can supply tech to Iran yet seem incapable of even getting loo rolls out to our troops in war zones

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
If you sell equipment in peacetime you wont know for what purpose it will be used and against which enemy if war breaks out, for all we know, strangely enough, these could've been distributed to civilian organizations for whatever reason.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Israel has some nerve to complain. They misplaced hundreds of Night Vision goggles that America had given them and never even reported them as missing, sold drones to China, and they also took surplus Helicopters they were given and resold them to Columbian Drug cartels. Hypocrites that believe they are above reproach and are so quick to critisize others. Poor poor Israel everyone is out to get them. So sad.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Will Israel also file a complaint against United States, since I recall they have sold LOTS of weapons to Iran in the Good Old Days of Cold War.

Remember?

Iran-Contra_Affair]Iran-Contra Affair

In summer 1985, Michael Ledeen, a consultant of Robert McFarlane, asked Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres for help in the sale of arms to Iran. The Israel government required that the sale of arms meet the approval of the United States government, and when it was convinced that the U.S. government approved the sale by Robert McFarlane, Israel obliged by agreeing to sell the arms. In July 1985, Israel sent American-made BGM-71 TOW (Tube-launched, Optically-tracked, Wire-guided) anti-tank missiles to Iran for the release of Reverend Benjamin Weir; Weir was released. Despite the fact that arms were being sold to Iran, only Weir was released. This resulted in the failure of Ledeen's plan with only three shipments through Israel.

At first, the Iranians refused to buy the arms at the inflated price because of the excessive markup imposed by North and Ghorbanifar, but the arms were eventually sold in February with the shipment of 1000 TOW missiles to Iran. From May to November 1986, there were additional shipments of miscellaneous weapons and parts.[citation needed] The total of all arms sales was less than a planeload.

Iranian Ground Forces Equipment

Chieftain Mk3/5: 100
M-60A1: 150
AH-1J.: 50
CH-47C: 20
Bell 214 50:
AB-205A: 68
AB-206: 10

List of Iranian Air Force aircraft
Grumman F-14A Tomcat
McDonnell-Douglas F-4D/E Phantom II/RF-4E Phantom II
Northrop F-5E/F Tiger, RF-5E
Boeing 707 (Tanker)
Boeing 727 (Cargo/transport)
Boeing 747 (Transport)

Well that sure is a Long list ey?

There sure is lots of US military equipment in Iranian Armed Forces - inlcuding the prestige fighter F-14, which I think Iran is the only country that uses this fighter plane besides USNavy.

If you watched videos from Iranian military exercises this week, you saw US Cobra attack helicopters, US Chinooks transporting paratroopers...

You think any of those TWO missiles hit any of the IDF Armor?

[edit on 21/8/06 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It is kinda Ironic why the Major News channels here in the UK did not even report this, with all the killing that has happened in the Middle East.

I thought they would have jumped on it, to embrass the UK Gov even more. Supposes they are too caught up in hyping up the so called terror Plots!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Will Israel also file a complaint against United States, ...

Well-- Israel might sue the USA later,
but what they have already done is to leverage their debt repayment to the US for the 'loan guarantees' they already have, to a favorable 3 year extension in the repayment structure,
which translates into repayments delayed until 2011
(instead of, what a coincidence-> 2008! ....an important year in our US election cycle!)

see:www.opednews.com...

But here's another clunker!!
Israel has a Petition circulating...it concerns the 4 weeks of damages by Hezbollah missile attacks on Israeli towns.

"Petition Wants UN Reparations for Israel"
this absurd and disoriented logic has it that the UN interim forces in Lebanon-
over time- allowed Hezbollah to amass those missiles that were launched on Israel.
The brief story has 2 related/source links in the copy.
The Petition For Reparations has over 34,000 signatures already

see: www.opednews.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

That kills me

It is a bit ironic that we blame terrorist for death and destruction, then find "Made in Britain" on their equipment.

Of course Israeli weapons are surly stamped with "Made in America" And Irans "Made in Russia" or even "Made in America, Britain, even Israel" the big boys give out their weapons, then fight the ones they gave them to. It is the way of our confusing world.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Israel is given loans, then more loans to cover interest on the original loans, none of which is ever repaid. The US tax payer foots the bill while Israel sells US tech to the highest bidder, spies on the US at home and abroad and kills US military personnel and get's away with it. Still, they are allies so all is to be forgiven

Perhaps this story broke as Blair was trying to save his scalp by whining and back-pedalling on his support for the US and Israel. Good timing

Why can't we just have them all strung up and get on living more peaceful lives? I sure would feel a lot safer with them 6 feet under.

top topics

join