It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was The Asteroid Belt a planet???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
much research thats centered on interpreting ancient babylonian and other texts including the bible as not myth or symbolic but as a literal interpretation of history as seen from the eyes of someone who lived back then. When u do this, you realize that instead of dismissing the as fantasies or myths of a primitive people you understand that what they call gods and other other phenomena are simply the best description that someone who lived 5000years ago had to use to describe things.....you imagine what someone from even 100 years ago would think and how exaclty would they be expected to describe say television or airplane? they would have to describe it within the context of their understanding of the world.....therefore taking this into consideration and also taking into consideration that these ancient texts are history then there is considerable evidence that earth, the asteroid belt, and i think the moon are the remnants of a planetary collision where a planet no longer in existence

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The RA MATERIAL mentiones the following:

RA: I am Ra. At one time/space, in what is your past, there was a population of third-density beings upon a planet which dwelt within your solar system. There are various names by which this planet has been named. The vibratory sound complex most usually used by your peoples is Maldek. These entities, destroying their planetary sphere, thus were forced to find room for themselves upon this third density which is the only one in your solar system at their time/space present which was hospitable and capable of offering the lessons necessary to decrease the mind/body/spirit distortions with respect to the Law of One.

[So right away, we see that Ra provides the perfect explanation for the "exploded planet hypothesis" of Van Flandern, years before it was ever put before the public. The planet's explosion was due to the fact that its own people destroyed it.]

From "Convergence":
We know from Ra that everything from the atom to the planet to the Solar System represents a CU (conscious unit, see also SETH), and so it would make sense that harmonic principles would apply equally to them all.
Richard Hoagland's team is on the right track of discovering this fundamental nature of the CU by finding the geometric shape known as the tetrahedron hidden in the gravitational forces of almost all planets in the Solar System. The Earth's Global Grid shows us the complete spectrum of geometries involved in this.
We all know that matter is actually comprised of atomic energy that is 99.99999 percent empty space. That .00001 percent that is left is not solid, but the energy of consciousness. Then, when we work in the notion of the CU, we see that the atom is also an expression a color, sound and geometric vibration. This could explain why the theoretical limit of the Periodic Table of the Elements is 144, another harmonic number. Therefore, it makes sense that when seeing the entire Solar System as a giant CU, we would find that the numbers are very harmonic and very simple.
For example, it is a well-known fact that the spacing of the planets directly correspond to musical ratios, except that there should be a planet where the Asteroid Belt was - Maldek.

Interesting.

:-)
Nescio

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nescio

For example, it is a well-known fact that the spacing of the planets directly correspond to musical ratios, except that there should be a planet where the Asteroid Belt was - Maldek.

This is fascinating! We now have two scientific inputs from two different fields - Bode's Law, and the law of Musical Ratios.

Both point to the fact that the Asteroid Belt may indeed have been a planet!

[edit on 14-9-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
This is fascinating! We now have two scientific inputs from two different fields - Bode's Law, and the law of Musical Ratios.

And what are those "Musical Ratios"?

Can anyone explain it?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The asteroid belt would more likely be the remnants of a PLANETARY COLLISION, where two planets or heavenly bodies 'grazed' each other, leaving a bunch of remnants floating in space that would get trapped by some kind of gravity or orbit.

The Sumerian creation myth has been interpreted / translated by some individuals into describing this exact event. It speaks of Tiamat, one heavenly body(described as a serpent) and Marduk, another(described as a god) clashing in our solar system some time ago. Marduk is also known as Nibiru to those folks whom follow this theory, the planet or star or 'whatever' that 'those from heaven to earth that came', the 'Gods' in the Sumerian religion known as Anunnaki lived on.

So one goes on to connect the dots and theorize that their planet grazed ours or another one in our solar system, creating the asteroid belt, and causing the inhabitants of the 'crossing' planet to come to Earth, for whatever reason. This is the ancient astronaut theory in relation to the Sumerian myths, championed by Zecaria Sitchin.

But, I bring it up because it has relevance here, I find the ancient astronaut theory more likely than other current theories explaining the asteroid belt's creation, the explanation for ancient peoples having such advanced astronomy/civilization, and even the creation of our own Moon, which is said to be made of the same stuff as our Earth's crust. Hmm.. I wonder how the Pacific Ocean Basin, in all its depth, "formed".

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Another bit of info supporting the Asteroid Belt EPH (Exploded Planet Hypothesis) is extracted below:

The EPH of religion and myth proposes that the ancient religions of Egypt, Mesopotamia and Greece were ‘exploded planet cults’, and that the modern religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam are occulted forms of the same. Further, that ancient sages used myth as a vehicle to encode the ‘true story’ of the exploded planet, thus ensuring its transmission to posterity. The EPH of religion and myth is the brainchild of the English researcher Alan F. Alford, who first advocated the theory in his book ‘The Phoenix Solution’ (Hodder and Stoughton, 1998), and then clarified and expanded it considerably in his books ‘When The Gods Came Down (Hodder and Stoughton, 2000) and ‘The Atlantis Secret’ (Eridu Books, 2001).

As at 2001, the EPH of religion and myth remains a new and innovative theory, which has yet to be tested by independent academics. It has, however, passed with flying colours all of the tests Alan Alford has thrown at it, including the mysteries of the Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Greek, Jewish and Christian religions, the entirety of Greek mysticism including, most notably, Plato’s story of Atlantis.

As a general rule, academia treats theories from outside its own ranks with great suspicion and changes its orthodoxy in accordance with Orphic time scales. Nevertheless, Alan Alford’s EPH has won support ‘in principle’ from two highly respected English academics, Michael Rice and Christopher Gill.

More...

Here

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

The Sumerian creation myth has been interpreted / translated by some individuals into describing this exact event. It speaks of Tiamat, one heavenly body(described as a serpent) and Marduk, another(described as a god) clashing in our solar system some time ago. Marduk is also known as Nibiru to those folks whom follow this theory, the planet or star or 'whatever' that 'those from heaven to earth that came', the 'Gods' in the Sumerian religion known as Anunnaki lived on.

I'm sorry but as someone who has studied mesopotamian culture in depth I can definitely say that this is the biggest pile of Horse manure currently available
the myth is not a myth its a text and its not Sumerian its babylonian and dates from around 1600bce

this is the excerpt from the Babylonian creation Epic the Enuma Elish (when on High)
Stand! I and thou, let us join battle!
When Tiamat heard these words,
She was like one posessed, .she lost her reason.
Tiamat uttered wild, piercing cries,
She trembled and shook to her very foundations.
She recited an incantation, she pronounced her spell,
And the gods of the battle cried out for their weapons.
Then advanced Tiamat and Marduk, the counselor of the gods;
To the fight they came on, to the battle they drew nigh.
The lord spread out his net and caught her,
And the evil wind that was behind him he let loose in her face.
As Tiamat opened her mouth to its full extent,
He drove in the evil wind, while as yet she had not shut her lips.
The terrible winds filled her belly,
And her courage was taken from her, and her mouth she opened wide.
He seized the spear and burst her belly,
He severed her inward parts, he pierced her heart.
He overcame her and cut off her life;
He cast down her body and stood upon it.

Marduk is always portrayed as a human shaped god who holds a trident in one hand.
Tiamat is always portrayed as a dragon
it is well known that the species from which she came was called in earlier times a mušhuššu (serpent)
here is the cuneiform for mušhuššu

The third symbol along that looks like stylised fish is a determinative indicating that Tiamat was a sea creature
and the accoutrements that Marduk uses to catch and kill her (namely a net and trident) are in fact fishing weapons)
the stuff about her being a planet was made up by Zechariah Sitchen who is in fact a qualified economist who can't read cuneiform.
to prove it here is a picture that accompanies the etxt in which you can see Bel Marduk standing atop the monster Tiamat

please note the total absence of planetary features in Tiamats body

The EPH of religion and myth proposes that the ancient religions of Egypt, Mesopotamia and Greece were ‘exploded planet cults’

There is no evidence for this in any of these cultures whatsoever and the fact that Alan Alford is a trained accountant seems to be missed by most people
still he's a really nice bloke and has recently given up writing for a living because he's no good at it and has now moved to Tibet.
and just to prove i'm not talking out of my exploded planet heres a picture of me and Alan at the Forbidden knowledge conference Uk where he told me about his plans for his future

I'm the primitive looking guy on the right, Alan is wearing the blue shirt and can be seen nervously looking at the nearest exit and wondering if he can make it before I slaughter him
don't judge by appearences though i was able to refute all of his claims during his "talk" no problem at all. He doesn't have a clue really i'm afraid
his first book gods of the new millenium for which he claimed to have spent ten years researching was a tribute to his mentor the aforementioned Zechariah Sitchin and expanded on some of his saner theories.....

Shortly after its release Alan realised that he'd been conned and refuted his own work publically at which point Mr Sitchin threatened to sue him for $ 50,000,000 for junking his theories about alien astronauts in earths past
so complete load of old cobblers really

All of the ancient religions claim that their genesis lies in the earths oceans from which the first land was formed
hence Tiamat being a sea creature and the plethora of nautical gods armed with tridents and Gods who owned boats in the ancient world

[edit on 18-9-2006 by Marduk]

[edit on 18-9-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Marduk,

Yikes, man!

You better shape up before you publish. Go ahead and shave off the hawk. You're gonna scare off your readership!

Who's gonna buy a sane theory from an insane biker-dude?

Sorry about that.

Harte

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
People argue that there's not enough debris to make up an entire planet, but why does it have to be? The debris could be the "smaller" fragments: The larger has since smashed into planets and been absorbed (it is speculated that the Moon is the result of a planetary collision with Earth, the Moon itself was thrown clear while the rest just merged).

Yes. The moon fits nicely in the space we now call the Pacific Ocean.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Yes. The moon fits nicely in the space we now call the Pacific Ocean.

OOps! Come again? Can the Moon fit snugly in the Pacific Ocean? Your evidence? And how do you suggest that a beautifully rounded Moon had been gouged from the surface of the Earth?

The Moon as you are aware is 3500 km in diameter. I didn't know there was a nice round hole on planet Earth that deep!! After all, that's where the Moon was supposed to have been, right?

The Pacific Ocean at its deepest point, the Marianas Trench is just 36,200 ft, or 12 Km deep. And we're talking of 3500 Km. Wow!! Where's that hole??

[edit on 20-9-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Before about 1960, the proponents of the "daughter" theory, in which
the Moon was the result of an early Earth fissioning, usually identified
the Pacific as the scar left from the fission event.

Then plate tectonics established that the Earth's surface rearranges
itself quite regularly -- so the current size and shape of the Pacific
are recent and temporary -- and the Apollo samples killed the "daughter"
theory of the Moon's origin.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

OOps! Come again? Can the Moon fit snugly in the Pacific Ocean? Your evidence? And how do you suggest that a beautifully rounded Moon had been gouged from the surface of the Earth?

The Moon as you are aware is 3500 km in diameter. I didn't know there was a nice round hole on planet Earth that deep!! After all, that's where the Moon was supposed to have been, right?

The Pacific Ocean at its deepest point, the Marianas Trench is just 36,200 ft, or 12 Km deep. And we're talking of 3500 Km. Wow!! Where's that hole??

[edit on 20-9-2006 by mikesingh]

The roundness of the moon occurred over time as the bits and pieces of the debris congealed into one mass. Obviously it wasn't broken off as one round chunk.

As for your "evidence" of the depth of the ocean; obviously earth's geologic activity has 'filled in' the original hole with molten material which has subsequently hardened, producing the depth that we know today.

You can't look at the size and shape of the moon today and say it's too big and doesn't fit. Let's say you take a big round piece of plastisine and 'scrape' an amount of it off of one side. Say the amount you scrape off is wide and shallow. Then take that amount and roll it into a ball. Does the ball fit the hole? No, it doesn't.

[edit on 20-9-2006 by TheComte]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Moon rock has been analysed
it doesn't match anything from the pacific
that theory is a very old pseudo one and never had any basis in fact
people that think its still valid clearly haven't looked at the evidence

you might for instance consider that an astronomical event that caused that much matter to be ejected into space to form the moon would kill every living thing on this planet
so if it did happen then it happened at least 600,000,000 years ago
and then factor in continental drift to that equation
the pacific didn't exist at that time
this is all common sense really no astrophysics or geology phd required

Who's gonna buy a sane theory from an insane biker-dude

well they are happy to buy them from Insane Journalists and Economists

plus you need to factor in the amount of Insane biker dudes there are currently on earth
now having been a biker for many years and having seen the carnage on the roads it is my opinion that you have to be insane to ride any form of bike anyway
so the possible market numbers in the tens of millions

[edit on 20-9-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

I'm the primitive looking guy on the right, Alan is wearing the blue shirt and can be seen nervously looking at the nearest exit and wondering if he can make it before I slaughter him.

Wow! Marduk, you got not only brawn, but brains too! Rare combo!

But by Jupiter! Your barber forgot to clip that tuft off the top of your head!! If it's designer stuff then I dig!
Way to go!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Moon rock has been analysed

Yes, it has.

Prior to the study of the Apollo samples, there was no consensus about the origin of the Moon. There were three principal theories: co-accretion which asserted that the Moon and the Earth formed at the same time from the Solar Nebula; fission which asserted that the Moon split off of the Earth; and capture which held that the Moon formed elsewhere and was subsequently captured by the Earth. None of these work very well. But the new and detailed information from the Moon rocks led to the impact theory: that the Earth collided with a very large object (as big as Mars or more) and that the Moon formed from the ejected material. There are still details to be worked out, but the impact theory is now widely accepted. (My emphasis)

www.nineplanets.org...

Analysis of lunar samples returned by the Apollo astronauts confirms previous indications that the ratios of the different types, or isotopes, of oxygen in the Moon's soil are similar to those of Earth. It is a finding that is consistent with the giant impact model for the Moon's formation.

news.bbc.co.uk...

See also:

www.psi.edu...
www.lpl.arizona.edu...

you might for instance consider that an astronomical event that caused that much matter to be ejected into space to form the moon would kill every living thing on this planet

It could be that whatever collided with the earth left behind residue that included the building blocks of life, and therefore initiated life on this planet.

then factor in continental drift to that equation

That is why the hole doesn't match the moon.

Even though I believe in the impact theory, and that it is now widely accepted, there are some problems with the theory and in fact the moon's origin is still a mystery. The funny thing is, creationists point to these problems as proof that the moon was created in its present form and orbit around 6,000 years ago. However, the impact theory is the best explanation so far. IMO

www.answersingenesis.org...
www.creationscience.com...

Now, the thread title asks "Was the asteroid belt a planet?" I say, yes. It is the remains of the planet that collided with the earth, forming the moon, and possibly seeding the earth with life.

[edit on 21-9-2006 by TheComte]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I believe that there was a planet where the asteroid belt now resides that had an ancient race that was technologically advanced. Some of those beings transported themselves to Earth before their planet was destroyed by a rogue celestial body.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
I believe that there was a planet where the asteroid belt now resides that had an ancient race that was technologically advanced. Some of those beings transported themselves to Earth before their planet was destroyed by a rogue celestial body.

Do you have any actual proof for any of the above? Have any fossil remains of this so-called advanced race ever been found? Have any artifacts ever been discovered? And is there any proof that this rogue celestial body even exists?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The moon ( according to this theory) was formed as part of the original Solar system

www.metaresearch.org...

As for those who claim that the solar system is active and changing place....

www.metaresearch.org...

Same questions being asked at the end of this thread as at the start and seemingly by the very same people.
I suggest one when posts in a thread you at least read the pages and links that come before?

Thanks...

Stellar

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Astronomers studying pictures of asteroid 433 Eros, in the Asteroid Belt, noticed unusual craters. Impact craters are circular, but these were square!

We know a great deal about Eros today, but what was it like at the dawn of the solar system, before it became a "Near-Earth" asteroid? Was Eros once part of a moon-sized planet between Mars and Jupiter, or has it always been an isolated space rock?

NASA's NEAR Shoemaker spacecraft which had spotted these square-shaped craters on Eros, points to mysterious goings-on in the asteroid belt long long ago.

Pieces of a planet, with an advanced civilistion, that was destroyed?

Here..

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I found another photograph of a strange looking block or rectangular object on the surface of Eros. Looks like a fair sized bunker!

Strengthens claims that Eros was a piece of the destroyed planet which is now the Asteroid Belt.

More..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join