It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has time travel already occured?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
G'day all,

I had a deep thought come into my head today and I'd like to discuss it further here, and get your educated opinions on it - regarding time travel.

If time travel was possible, either now or in the future, would we know if someone had gone back to "our" past and changed one small thing to affect our immediate future?

Say for example, in 5 years time, someone goes back to Spetember 10th 2001, and hits Mohammed Atta with their car, knowing the role that he is to play the next day, and the terrorist attack gets delayed for a week.

The feds uncover the plan (assuming they arnet involved as some theorists might suggest), bust the terrorist, save a heap of lives, send a covert team to take down the taliban and Al-Qaeda leadership and avert a whole series of wars that push the world to the edge of WW3 and anti US animosity in the world doesn't increase as much as it had.

If someone went back and did this now, would we see the difference in the prsent that that particular change had made?

I hope I have explained myself enough, I know it's abit confusing to get you head around but I hope you get the swing of things.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I think its immpossible to change anything. Because the reason for you going back in time must happen for you to have gone back in the first place.

For instance if you hit someone with a car, The whole reason for you going back has just been taken away. So time would probably somehow fix itself so that you traveling back could be allowed (aka giving you a reason to travel back).

See the movie "Time Machine".

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

Say for example, in 5 years time, someone goes back to Spetember 10th 2001, and hits Mohammed Atta with their car, knowing the role that he is to play the next day, and the terrorist attack gets delayed for a week.

Then later on terrorists, or someone else, discovers what happened to Atta and decides to go back in time and stops this ' someone ' before he is able to hit Atta with his car, letting Atta carry out his act of terrorism.

Theses events colud go on and on and on......................... and probably things will just happen as they are supposed to.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think along the lines of MindWalker. I think that it is possible to travel back in time but 'something' prevents future occurences from being changed. Using the terrorism example, if someone went back and was able to kill Atta with his car, then someone else would be able to step right in and take Atta's place - kind of like an understudy in a play. So no matter how hard you try, you won't be able to alter future events by going back in time.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Wow, time travel - one of my favorite theoretical discussions!

Most of the theoretical models of time travel that I am aware of propose some sort of wormhole as a mechanism for traveling through time. Unfortuantely, our present understanding of wormholes, and singularities in general, seems to indicate that ever using one for traveling through time is a dubious prospect at best. William Hiscock, a physics professor with the Montana State University at Bozeman, says in the article linked above that:

While at present it appears unlikely that nature allows the existence of macroscopic wormholes, there is still sufficient uncertainty in the arguments to allow theoretical physicists to continue studying this odd and intriguing aspect of space-time.

Which is too bad really. But relating more directly to Melbourne Militia's question, the general scientific concensus at this time seems to be that time travel is unlikely. Of those serious scientists who believe that time trave IS possible, almost none of them expect to encounter a traveler from the future any time soon. This is because wormholes, supposing there are any, can only come in one of two flavors: naturally occuring ones and wormholes created by humanity.

The first sort is not likely to provide a window for time travelers to visit our time because they are not likely to be located near Earth (we would probably have noticed the effects such a singularity had on other nearby stars, if not necessarily the singularity itself). Even if they were, natural wormholes - again, hypothetically - would probably be even more tricky to control than their man-made cousins: you would have no idea when (or where) you might be when you came out of the wormhole.

Artificial wormholes might (*might*) be possible; if they are, it will probably be possible to use them for time travel. Check out
this article at How Stuff Works for the complications involved in that. However, we aren't likely to host any visitors from the future until we build a time machine that uses such a wormhole, as such a time traveler would be unable to travel back to a time before the time machine existed. Think of it as a doorway (which, in a way, it is): you can't step through a door until it has been built.

Which, again, is too bad, because as much as I might like to travel through time myself, I think it would be more of a rush to talk with someone from the future.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
There was a time traveller convention at MIT last year. You might check with the hosts to see if anyone from the future, or any otherwise dead individuals, showed up.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
well then what do you guys think of the Philadelphia Experiment and the stories that the original Experiment linked up with another wormhole experiment in1984 or something, along the lines of Montauk Project or something like that.

I read they use Tesla desinged technologies in the original project with massive capacitors and power supply to creat an artificial magnetic field around the ship when it disappeared.

was this primitive time travel?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
It has been said that if you were to go back in time and change something, it would only change it in that parrellel universe, and not the universe you came from.

Say YOU wanted to go back in time, and stop 9-11. If you accomplished that mission, and you stayed in that time line, it would work. But if you traveled forward in time to the date you left from originaly, it would all be back to normal.

Say someone else was sent to stop 9-11, and you stayed in this current time line... You would NOT notice any changes if that person was able to stop 9-11. The changes would only effect the time line the time traveler effected at the time.

So the movie "back to the future" would not be correct.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I don't think time travel is possible, unless there is some sort of other dimension that we could supposedly tap into in order for us to change events that have already happened. Given, if it is possible, then religous folk and others would probably be against it and it would turn into another huge argument, resulting once again with more animosity in the world. So, maybe it's best we just leave these sorts of things alone. Besides isn't there some sort of principle about time travel that if you change even the slightest thing in the past, then something really big changes in the future as well?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_truth42187
I don't think time travel is possible, unless there is some sort of other dimension that we could supposedly tap into in order for us to change events that have already happened. Given, if it is possible, then religous folk and others would probably be against it and it would turn into another huge argument, resulting once again with more animosity in the world. So, maybe it's best we just leave these sorts of things alone. Besides isn't there some sort of principle about time travel that if you change even the slightest thing in the past, then something really big changes in the future as well?

You ignored my post, and asked a question that could have been answered by reading my post.

First off, time travel is possible, it has already been confirmed. We are traveling forward in time as we speak. Also, for example, an object traveling at high speeds ages more slowly than a stationary object. This means that if you were to travel into outer space and return, moving close to light speed, you could travel thousands of years into the Earth's future, and still be close to the same age as you were when you left.

Second, you are talking about the Grandfather Paradox.
en.wikipedia.org...
If the parallel universe theory is correct, the grandfather paradox wouldn't happen.

[edit on 22-8-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

was this primitive time travel?

I thought this a little funny, but not in a demeaning or belittling way towards the poster, Melbourne_Militia.

Sorry, the words "Primitive time travel" together looks odd to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
But if time travel was ever invented (past or future), wouldn't we know about it?

I mean - if, at any time, time travel was invented or discovered, then someone, from the past or future, would have made it known and we would all know about it.

Therefore, as much as I want to - I don't beleive time travel will ever be possible.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
What if humans in our future who venture out on some voyage encounter some as of yet unknown phenomenon that sends them hundreds of thousands of years, if not millions of years into our past.

What if they evolve over hundreds of thousands of years, or millions of years, and then find there way home???

Who would our descendants answer to when they return home?

Could they let themselves be known, or would us knowing they are our descendants be too much of a paradoxical paradigm to be allowed?

Perhaps our celestrial visitors are aliens from another world, a world which is one day inhabited by our descendants, and their/our acquantances???

Just speculation.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
But time travel has been occurring all the time already. It's even occurring as we speak, or type, or something like that...

Isn't the fact that we live in the moment which is constantly shifting into the future time travel?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
time travel is a very perculiar subject. i for one really cant make my mind up on whether it is possible or not. we deffinately would not notice any differences because what ever is going on in the present we will think is normal because of what has happened in the past. i think the only time travel technique is controversially through meditation and seeing what happened at a certain time and place. but through that method nothing would be able to change

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
that is a time instance that is not in flux. the universe would compensate. for example, if you killed all the terrorists in the world, aa new revolution would pop up, china would attack, etc... but somehow the world trade center would be destroyed and somehow it would lead to a middle east conflict. not to mention it would probable bruise time and affect our reality.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
that is a time instance that is not in flux. the universe would compensate. for example, if you killed all the terrorists in the world, aa new revolution would pop up, china would attack, etc... but somehow the world trade center would be destroyed and somehow it would lead to a middle east conflict. not to mention it would probable bruise time and affect our reality.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Your time travel subject matter is a very relevant subject matter in this day and age, but to understand time travel, you must first get right in your head how time travel is accomplished. In order to understand why space machines, paradoxes, worm holes are all so far removed from reality will require that you do some research. However, it amazes me when others speak of time travel, too often these people always refer to what Hollywood has depicted as their base of knowledge with what and how time travel works. Well, you are going to have to mind dump that garbage, because it is intended to keep you asleep and misinformed.

I am going to give you the names of the technology, the players and if you truly want to understand how such secret technology works, you will have to do some reading and further research.

The secret technology is called "Looking Glass" and "the Cube". The first is for time travel and the later is for teleportation. The Cube is not a Stargate device and as such it just moves people and things from one place to another in a nano second without ships or any type of craft.

The Looking Glass technology is a time travel future looking device that is best explained by Andrew D. Basiago, Attorney at Law, a whistle blower that explains the secret technology and the abuses over the years. Another good source is Dr. Dan Burisch who also discusses the Looking Glass technology and how it works.

The reason this should matter to you and others is because we are being manipulated and the time line we live in is not the true time-line we should be living. The alterations have been accomplished by those that control the secret technology because they know the future.

Now listen up. If you had a device that allows you to see the future in days, weeks, months, years, you could in the present, which is the past to the future event and with knowledge of any future event, one could alter the present to affect the future. You see, when I say the present, it really is, but if you have seen the future, then you are in the past to that date.

So it is more than possible to alter the present to affect the future if you know what the future outcome is going to be. This fact is being done all around us and yet few understand how or why.

This is what the current abuses of this time looking technology are producing and I will cite two examples of abuse of this technology to give you current real time examples of time line manipulation to alter the future outcome of future events.

In 2001, shortly after the false flag operation called 911 was executed on Sept. 11, 2001, George W. Bush was accused of lying about seeing the first plane hitting the twin towers. Bush claimed he had seen the first plane hit the twin towers on a TV in a video. While many stated that he could not have seen the first plane strike, for the most part this would be true, but Bush Jr. was telling the truth. Let me explain.

In a video recorded tape of Andrew D. Basiago, he provides information that reveals that he along with Bush Sr., and Bush Jr. were all briefed about being future presidents in late 1970's. During that briefing, they were all informed about the future event called 911. In the interview, Mr. Basiago states that the Bushes and himself saw a video on a TV that showed the first plane striking the twin towers. This also indicates many years of advance knowledge of 911.

Well, anyway, this first plane incident branded Bush Jr. a liar, when in fact he was telling the truth. Just not a truth that we would understand how.

Second incident is most recent. Since the secret technology has been abused and controlled by the Bushes, Clinton, and now Obama, it is in my best interests to show you an Obama example to see how they are abusing this secret technology today all around us.

Obama and the nation knew without a doubt that the Health Care Bill was doomed to fail because of a lack of needed votes. Three days before the crucial vote, Obama gets Kucinich on board AF1 and gets him to change his mind. Upon landing, a media circus had been arranged by the Obama admin types to ensure that the press release went as designed. Upon landing, Kucinich and Obama approach a podium and this is where Kucinich states that he is changing his vote. After finishing his statement, Obama is seen telling Kucinich to repeat everything he just stated over again to the world.

When Obama asked him to repeat himself he was indicating a time line manipulation based on advance knowledge of how and who lost the vote for Obama's Health Care bill. By knowing who lost it for him, Obama using future knowledge then alters the present to affect the future change. Obama did this because you cannot alter the future with just one single person changing events. While it does still matter, it is not sufficient social conscious awareness to begin to alter events enough to truly change the future outcome.

This is why Obama on prime time TV, asked Kucinich to repeat himself. Not because he was not understood, but because Obama needed to affect the consciousness of millions of Americans and others world wide in order to ensure that the time line alteration actually sticks.

Well it did and while there is also an incident during this same time frame that Obama supposedly predicted the winner of some woman's playoff title game, I contend that in the same briefing that included the Kucinich alteration, Obama saw other events and remembered the winning team. When he predicted, he was in fact revealing further proof that he already knew who the winners were going to be.

I realize this a lot of information, but if you will start with Andrew D. Basiago, Dr. Dan Burisch and "Looking Glass", you will then begin to understand that our present day time line has been a fabrication by those that control the secret technology and who know the future. By knowing, they alter the present to affect the future.

This secret technology has the potential to show us our true history and with such technology we could solve any crime in the past present and prevent crime in the future. Of course this is the last thing the elite want us to have. With it every criminal conspiracy could be solved and every guilty player identified. This is why the elite keep it for themselves, but to date, they use it to see who in the future will cause them legal problems or cause them to be found guilty in some future trial and by knowing who the witnesses are in the future, they can kill them in the present and affect or alter that future event. They also have been using the secret technology to see future inventions or major scientific breakthroughs and by knowing who and what, they can either kill and steal the research or they can kill and steal the future discoveries and give it to their fellow NWO elite that use and abuse such technology.

Proof is all around us that our time line is being altered. Too often it is not understood, but unless someone takes this technology away from them they will use it to ensure NWO success by always doing what works. That may be cheating, but that is the NWO elite and it is why such secret technological advances must be controlled and never again be allowed to be used by such evil men with such evil plans for humanity.

Thanks for the posting. Get to researching the technology. It is real and it is our worst nightmare if we don't do something about it.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Michio Kaku has written a book you would probably enjoy.

"Physics Of The Impossible".

page 219 / Time Travel / Chapter 12

Nonetheless, time travel to the future is possible, and has been experimentally verified millions of times. The journey of the hero of The Time Machine into th far future is actually physically possible. If an astronaut were to travel near the speed of light, it might take him, say, one minute to reach the nearest stars. Four years would have elapsed on the Earth, but for him, only one minute would have passed, because time would have slowed down inside the rocket ship. Hencehe would have traveled four years into the future, ".....

and this is with what mainstream science in our three dimensional universe knows.

Imagine the laws of physics possibly aren't even the same in other dimensions, universes or even further out in our own universe.

In a 2006 paper entitled, “False Flag Operations, 9/11, and the Exopolitical Perspective”, Dr. Michael E. Salla identifies five exopolitical factors behind false flag operations, including the false flag operation of September 11, 2001. Although Dr. Salla identifies exotic scalar weapons as the “fourth exopolitical factor” in false flag operations, his 2006 article does not disclose how exopolitically-related factors specifically may have played out in the case of 9/11.

Since then, a key whistle blower, Andrew D. Basiago, has emerged with evidence that secret U.S. time travel technologies were used as early as 1971 to acquire first-hand documentary knowledge about September 11, 2001 – fully three decades before the horrific events of that fateful day.

Mr. Basiago, a child participant in DARPA’s time travel program, Project Pegasus, has publicly stated how in 1971 he viewed moving images of the attack on the Twin Towers on September 11, 2001 that had been obtained from the future and brought back to the early 1970’s.

DARPA is the chief research and development arm of the US military, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. DARPA created the precursor to the Internet, “Arpanet,” and has a penchant for trumpeting its advances, such as putting surveillance cameras on the backs of bumblebees and other exotic achievements in military science.

Mr. Basiago claims that DARPA’s secret technical accomplishments go far beyond what it has publicly acknowledged and that by 1970 DARPA had achieved teleportation-based time travel as well as advanced electro-optical means of discerning past and future events via different technologies that provide quantum access.

Mr. Basiago has described how while serving in Project Pegasus, he viewed moving images of 9/11 at the secured U.S. defense-technical facility where they were processed after being retrieved from the future, the Aerojet Corporation facility that once stood at the corner of Bullock Avenue and Leroy Place in Socorro, New Mexico.

Source: www.examiner.com...

Project Camelot also has several interviews concerning time travel.

Time - a 3 dimensional construct.

There are more than 3 dimensions and time is only a restraint in our 3d one.

The possiblities are endless as long as you have imagination.

Once you close yourself off to the possiblities that are and maintain a proud heart, you will never get out of this Matrix.

Now one final thought, William One Sac, one of our very own ATS members, explored Montauk, possibly got a little to close to the truth - Montauk dealt with (it is rumored) many things but one top exploration they undertook was time travel.

It seems that time travel and UFO's are very connected and anyone that gets too close to uncovering the truth about these two interconnected subjects seem to meet with untimely deaths / "suicides" or "accidents".

A mf conspiracy if ever there was one.

Humans are being controlled, one of those restraints is time.

From my research I've come up with there are other dimensions and "aliens" or beings from other dimensions where "time" has no meaning.

In other words, "they" are not restricted by the "rules of time".

Time is relative to our 3 dimensional universe, hence why sometimes UFO'S blink in and out of existence.

I'm currently trying to wrap my mind around a really really crazy book, "The Anunnaki Final Warning to Earth, and their Return in 2022. 5th Edition by Maximillien De Lafayette.

Page 225

In other words, the past, present and future are tielines that exist and run concurrently, called Istimaraar."

Does this mean that every event is constantly being repeated indefinitely in different worlds, dimensions and times?

Yes, it is, according to mainstream science and quantum physics -based upon the theory of the "Ever expanding universe."- And according to the Ulema Anunnaki, people (Humans and other life-forms) live simultaneously on different Woujoud and Zaman."

p 226: On Earth, in this world, we have one single future. The learned Ulema referred to it as Al Maktoob, meaning what was written. This concept has created an intellectual philosophical and religious controversy, even an outrage, for all those who have rejected the idea that a Supreme Creator has already imposed upon us, a future, the moment we were born; a future that controls our destiny and our life, forever!......

Laura Knight-Jadczyk goes into interesting aspects of "time" in her book, "Secret History of the World and how to Get Out Alive.

Very interesting opening post.

Starred and Flagged.

Remember, time is a 3d human invention.

A constraint of the 3rd dimension we currently inhabit.

A part of the Matrix's programming.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If linear time travel is possible and the universe is infinite in length then we would at all times be bombarded by a infinite number of time travelers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join