It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive Alert At West Virginia Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
A West Virginia airport terminal was evacuated after a passed was found to have four plastic containers containing liquids. Two of the four containers tested positive for explosive material. The containers were removed by a robot to a remote area for further analysis. The passenger carrying the containers was identified only as a female from Michigan, and was born in 1978.

today.reuters.com
Transportation Security Administration spokesman Christopher White said around 100 passengers were evacuated from the terminal at Tri-State Airport in Huntington, West Virginia after security checks identified four items containing liquids in a carry-on bag carried by a passenger.

U.S. authorities banned all liquids and gels from carry-on luggage last week after British authorities said they had foiled a plot to bomb several passenger planes using liquid explosives.

"Two containers tested positive for explosive materials," White said in a taped statement, adding that the evacuation happened in the late morning and normal aircraft operations had since resumed at the airport.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

For all the cases in the past where there have been situations of people being arrested where the charges were later dropped, this one at this time seems to be justified. But that does bring the next question. Will this one be a ligament of bringing materials on a plane which could have been used to destroy it? Or was it a mistake, and the materials were never intended to be used in that way? From what I have read, bout all I can say is time will tell, but I have got to say, I am glad the security people are doing there job.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.timesonline.co.uk
www.stuff.co.nz
www.chron.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Music by "The Clash" Sparks Terror Alert
Plot to Destroy Planes in Flight Stopped
Terror Alert in Heathrow

[edit on 24-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Call me a skeptic but I want to know the explosive materials brought on flight. That will give me a better idea of the intent of this person. We all know how some items can be household items and still be very explosive.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Ok, talk about like a small two plane airport. I mean Yeager airport in Charleston, WV is much bigger. Guess maybe she actually thought that by going to a smaller airport she could get by with it. Hey now your talking about WV my home state, nothing gets by us there. What was she thinking. I know right when I left there more and more Musliums had just moved there kinda shocked me at how many like almost over night. That was two years ago. She moved there to Huntington, WV from Mich. She was 28 Orginally from Pakistani.

[edit on 17-8-2006 by Shar]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Shar,
Thanks for the aditional information.
I suspect this will un fold and over time we might hear a few more interesting little tid bits come out.

I am still hopeing for this all being a mistake but it seems those hopes are starting to vanish.

new topics

top topics

join