It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Cayce's Predictions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I was watching History Channel this evening and they broadcasted a show about Edgar Cayce's predictions.
To be honest, I'm shocked. He predicted everything, since 29's crisis to WWI and II.

For those who doesn't know who is he and what he predicted:
Edgar Cayce's A.R.E.: www.are-cayce.com...
Some of his predictions: www.near-death.com...

So, I decided to research a little bit more about his predictions about the future and found something about "Polar Axis Shift", Atlantis and specially WW3 as you can see in the second link that I provided, some points he presented are really plausible:

There is a possibility of a World War III
Cayce foresaw the possibility of a third world war. He spoke of strife arising near the Davis Straits, and in Libya, and in Egypt, in Ankara, and in Syria; through the straits around those areas above Australia, in the Indian Ocean and the Persian Gulf.

Middle-east huh?

Does this sound familiar to some UFO sightings?

Cayce's glimpse of his next incarnation and a view into the future
"Taking me with them the group of scientists visited these places in a long, cigar-shaped metal flying ship which moved at a high speed.

True or not, it's pretty amazing, worth giving a look / research.
Enjoy.

EDIT: Tag corrections, and sorry about the "bad english!

[edit on 15/8/2006 by tunin]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The sites you give are junk, wanting to sell junk to get junk

Why can't a site just post a list of the predictions??

I believe Edgar.. that is until he predicted the end of the world before the turn of the century and Atlantis rising from the sea before the turn of the century. None of which has happend.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
his predictions are very interesting, whats cool too is his reincarnation david wilcock's website www.ascension2000.com ...look at the picture comparison in his perosnal info!

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
That's what happen when you don't look with good eyes into a website.
Dude, the first one was just a reference to his biography, where he lived, what he did, etc. It's also called general info.

And the second one have some of his predictions, I mean, the "biggest" ones. Like I said, if you like it and wanna know more about him and his predictions, research!

I hope you don't see this as a hostile message. Anyway, enjoy! ^^

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
In cases such as Edgar Cayce and Nostradamus, in order to hopefully judge the validity of actual predictions versus things "planted" in books and online in order to conform to current events, I hit the used book shops and find the oldest possible books I can and see what the predictions say. Somewhere I have a book published in 1909 I believe, about Nostradamus. Some of the things it says make the hair on my neck stand up, and I don't believe the publishers had any way to know what would happen 50 to 100 years in the future.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I believe many modern books and sites are tainted with planted information that is put there to make the reader go "hmm" and compare it to current or well-known past events, thus establishing credibility for an otherwise anonymous source.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I think leaving in a cigar-shaped object right about now would be

a very wise move.

The man definatedly saw the world of the dammned.

Did he happen to name "Bush" by name?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Cayce described a long term economic cycle of 24 to 25 years which predicts depressions and major recessions. Starting with a base year of 1907, every 24th or 25th year precisely describes an economic downturn. Based on Cayce's definition, the next major depression is forecast for the year 2006 or 2007. The cycle does not describe all of the downturns but it definitely describes the worst downturns.

I thought the above was pretty interesting as well.

Mods- hope I posted this source correctly.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
He's actually reincarnated as a David Wilcock. Unfortunately David Wilcock a.k.a. Edgar Cayce, could not be reached for comment at this time. Nevertheless, he wishes all the best in to those who seek to keep the world from falling apart.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Could you point our where he predicted the end of the world before the turn of the century? I am a member of A.R.E. and have read many of his 14 thousand PLUS predictions/readings. He does not predict the "end of the world" before the turn of the century nor did he predict "Atlantis rising from the sea" before the turn of the century. I'm not attacking you here. I just want to make sure that the facts are out there as he stated them.

To make sure people understand how he made his predictions I want to go over it quickly here. He never made any predictions while consciously in control. He always went into a deep meditation where people would then pose questions to him thus the title "the sleeping prophet." I have seen people make MANY statements about his predictions and readings that are simply not true or just misunderstood (such as the two you refer to here.) Remember, he was not a prophet of gloom and doom. However, when people asked questions it was not him that was giving the answers but the higher consciousness he was connecting with. Anyway, here is an excerpt (in his EXACT words) from his predictions (which is not what he was doing, he was giving a reading and answering a question asked).

8. As to the changes physical again: The earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea. The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye. Land will appear off the east coast of America. There will be the upheavals in the Arctic and in the Antarctic that will make for the eruption of volcanos in the Torrid areas, and there will be shifting then of the poles - so that where there has been those of a frigid or the semi-tropical will become the more tropical, and moss and fern will grow. And these will begin in those periods in '58 to '98, when these will be proclaimed as the periods when His light will be seen again in the clouds. As to times, as to seasons, as to places, ALONE is it given to those who have named the name - and who bear the mark of those of His calling and His election in their bodies. To them it shall be given.

There is much more to this actual reading but I only have 4000 characters to put it here. Anyway, the years he gives are not the years in which this will HAPPEN by. These are the years in which these things will be set in motion. In 1958 the Bimini road was discovered. Of course it has not been confirmed that this is indeed "Atlantis" but the fact still remains that he actually used the name "Bimini" in his prediction about this. We are talking about a man with an 8th grade education level and one that has never been out of the country let alone the tropics.

More importantly though he never predicted that the end would come by the turn of the century. That is the "glamourous" portrait being painted by doomsayers and people who enjoy talking about "the end of the world".

Just remember to try and search for ALL of the facts before making the decisions. I can find anything you want on any of his predictions if you like. However, the greatest messages of his readings are being ignored because much of them don't deal with predictions of the future.

What most don't know is that his readings helped many many people overcome illnesses that were unknown at the time. Another thing that is not well known is that he doesn't recall any of his readings and people used to take advantage of this by asking about what stocks to buy and they got rich off of his advice. This started to affect his health so he moved away and set things up where his wife and a transcriber will be present for all readings from then on.

This man was real. Just don't swallow everything you read at face value. I look forward to answering ANY questions you may have on this.

Mike

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Whylistentome, I am very interested in life on other planets. What can you tell me about Edgar Cayce on aliens and the like? I too accessed the Akashic directly through a family member of mine in hypnosis just like the man himself and what I got was there is indeed life on Mars and another planet of this solar system, I forget which. If you could tell more than that would be great as Edgar Cayce had a knack for being more thorough than most.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well,
The first thing I want to clear up is this. He never once made any predictions about aliens. The only "alien" he every talked about in his readings were in regard to how our souls were NOT alien from the souls that reside in the netherworld. We are all brothers (simply a phrase to describe in a way that we will understand) with every soul in existence. We are one and not alien from them. However, the question never seemed to be broached so he never gave any readings on it.
Now, as for the cigar shaped ship. This was not in reference to an "alien" ship. Maybe alien to what we know now but not in the time he is referencing. The thing that makes it interesting is that we hear about sightings of "cigar shaped" UFOs. So, for your benefit, here is the reading he gave about a dream he had on his future reincarnation.
[3/3/36 On train from Detroit to Va. Beach, following end of court action in re his arrest in 11/35 for "practicing medicine without a license". See 254-89 Reports of Court Trial.]: I had been born again in 2158 A.D. in Nebraska. the sea apparently covered all of the western part of the country, as the city where I lived was on the coast. The family name was a strange one. At an early age as a child I declared myself to be Edgar Cayce who had lived 200 yrs. before. Scientists, men with long beards, little hair, and thick glasses, were called in to observe me. They decided to visit the places where I said I had been born, lived and worked, in Ky., Ala., N.Y., Mich., and Va. Taking me with them the group of scientists visited these places in along, cigar-shaped, metal flying ship which moved at high speed. Water covered part of Ala. Norfolk, Va. had become an immense seaport. N.Y. had been destroyed either by war or an earthquake and was being rebuilt. Industries were scattered over the countryside. Most of the houses were of glass.

Many records of my work as Edgar Cayce were discovered and collected. The group ret'd to Nebraska taking the records with them to study.

(A) These experiences, as has oft been indicated, come to the body in those manners in which there may be help, strength, for periods when doubt or fear may have arisen. As in this experience, there were about the entity those influences which appeared to make for such a record of confusion as to appear to the material or mental-minded as a doubting or fearing of those sources that made for the periods through which the entity was passing in that particular period.

And the vision was that there might be strength, there might be an understanding that though the moment may appear as dark, though there may be periods of the misinterpreting of purposes, even THESE will be turned into that which will be the very proof itself in the experiences of the entity and those whom the entity might, whom the entity would in its experience through the earth plane, help; and those to whom the entity might give hope and understanding.

This then is the interpretation. As has been given, 'Fear not.' Keep the faith; for those that be with thee are greater than those that would hinder. Though the very heavens fall, though the earth shall be changed, though the heavens shall pass, the promises in Him are sure and will stand - as in that day - as the proof of thy activity in the lives and hearts of those of thy fellow man.

For indeed and in truth ye know, "As ye do it unto thy fellow man, ye do it unto thy God, to thyself." For, SELF effaced, God may indeed glorify thee and make thee STAND as one that is called for a purpose in the dealings, the relationships with thy fellow man.

Be not unmindful that He is nigh unto thee in every trial, in every temptation, and hath not willed that thou shouldest perish.

Make thy will then one with His. Be not afraid.

That is the interpretation. That the periods from the material angle as visioned are to come to pass matters not to the soul, but do thy duty TODAY! TOMORROW will care for itself.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
So, as you can see. It wasn't really any type of prediction about being taken away in a space ship. He was being taken to his place of birth by scientists that wanted to verify it.

As you can tell the world is greatly changed. What is interesting about this is that I started writing a fantasy novel about 12 years ago. I got pretty far into it but then life really caught up with me and I had to focus on family, school and career.

Anyway, the world I created was simply our world now. However, I had seen major changes occur from natural disasters. Anyway, let's keep it short. I envisioned the middle of our country being split in half by a vast ocean and the coastal states and cities as under water.

Then I read things like this and see other confirmations from psychics that talk on the subject. Not war but natural.

Anyay, anymore questions will be graciously answered.

Remember, many many many of his predictions came true. Why? Because he focused on medical remedies for people. These are the ones that are greatly overlooked because they were NOT SUBSTANTIAL or world changing. He was about helping people and this shows through his more "substantial" prediction/readings.

Also, it wasn't until years into his readings that someone thought to bring up the question of God and spirit/soul. Also on Atlantis and the beginning of man. All very interesting readings although the language is very archaic. Remember, he is just the vessel for these higher beings to speak through him. He uses their words, their language. Again, he only had an education at the 8th grade level.

I think one of his most amazing predictions/readings was done on himself at an early age. It was the first readings he did. Why? If you know the story of Edgar then you know that he literally lost his voice in his early 20's. He could not speak for a year. So he got a job as a photographer because it didn't require much speaking.

Anyway, a psychologist friend of his suggested meditation. This was the start of it all. When he went under an amazing thing happened. He began speaking in a clear voice. He then explained to his friend what was wrong with his voice and exactly how to repair it. He was speaking again very soon after thus sparking one of the most brilliant psychic careers recorded.

Also, it was more about spiritual growth and development. He was raised in a strict Catholic family. So you probably have an idea what kind of shock it was to him when his wife would read back to him what he spoke. Especially on reincarnation, Jesus and Magdalane, Atlantis, and various other spiritual beliefs. He was shocked to say the least and had to pray many hours to calm himself.

Shoot away.

My sincerest blessings.

Mike

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Nice posts mike! About the Cigar-shaped spaceship, I wasn't referring to Aliens exactely.
Many UFO sightings were described exactely like that, which means there is something to pay attention, could be related to aliens or not, who knows.

Btw Mike, does he predicted something about the crop circles, what could it be, etc?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tunin
Nice posts mike! About the Cigar-shaped spaceship, I wasn't referring to Aliens exactely.
Many UFO sightings were described exactely like that, which means there is something to pay attention, could be related to aliens or not, who knows.

Btw Mike, does he predicted something about the crop circles, what could it be, etc?

Well, I did some searching throughout the archives of every single reading as well as every report sent back by those that received readings from Mr. Cayce. There is nothing that refers to crop circles.

There is a very good explanation for this though. You see, there are many different types of psychic ability and prophetic processes. Edgar Cayce was different from Nostradamus in the sense that Nostradamus used his own abilities and utilities to make his predictions. Edgar connected with the higher consciousness (higher spirit guides and soul guides) to answer "Direct Questions". I'm sure you can see where the big problem is here. Since he only answered direct questions then someone would have had to ask about "aliens" but used a term to explain what exactly they meant. The term alien back then was used for people that were alienated from something. Their country, their family, etc. Unless someone actually came to him with a question that said something like "are there other intelligent lifeforms in our universe other than on this planet" or "is there life anywhere else in our universe" then he could not give an answer accordingly.

So it's a sticky issue. I will keep looking though. Maybe someone did ask about life on other planets. Remember, there are well over 14,000 readings and predictions made by him. How many were made by other psychics like Nostradamus? Hundreds?

Gotta go for now. I'll try to find something.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Oh yeah,

I forgot to mention someone of interest that you may want to look into. Unfortunately I was rushed away from my computer.

There is a psychologist that started out his career as most doctor's do. With a scientific view on the world but after years of putting people under hypnosis he has come to believe that there is much much more out there.

The reason I bring him up in this conversation is because he is now very closely tied to Edgar Cayce's association. This man's name is John Van Auken. His view on science has changed quite a bit during his many patient sessions.

The reason I bring him up is because in one of his books that I have read, Born again and Again, he mentions during one of his sessions with a particular patient that she had a past life on a different planet.

So, you can take it for what it is. Either fantasy of the mind of this woman or a true past life regression performed by John. When I read it I had some serious doubts.

I guess I should give you some background on myself just to let you know where I am coming from. I always considered myself a logical skeptic. Meaning that I would read things or watch things and then make up my own mind, after some thought and reasoning.

Well, the same went for this book. So, as I also do when I have my doubts about something, I tried it. I paid some good money to go and meet up with a past life therapist. I wanted to see what it was all about and whether or not they planted something in your subconscious mind with statements. I had it recorded.

To keep this short I want to let you know that it was a life changing experience. Not once did this person state anything of any nature to implant what happened. I was put under but retained quite a bit of awareness. I admit, I did have my own ideas of what I "hoped" to see one of my past lives had been. Of course it wasn't anything remotely close to what I had expected.

I'll just say this, I had always held and affinity towards our Native Americans. Always a twinge of compassion when I would see them about and especially during the "Cowboy and Indian" flicks while growing up.

That should tell you what this life was about but I will share a little more. Turns out that I was in a tribe around 3 A.D. I was the head (not a chief because we thought of all as equals. I was head because I could always figure out the best course of action to take.) I was taken through many parts of this life and many important decisions I had to make up to my own death (which was actually quite amazing.)

So do I believe? Without a doubt in my mind now. So what about this woman who claims to have come here to help us out? She had lived on another planet. She was at a high level of development. She chose to come here because she felt she needed to help.

Take it for what you will.

If you want to find out more or read some of his materials this guy has become an Edgar Cayce expert. He has written many books on his predictions and readings.

It's John Van Auken just to remind you (I know, just scroll up. Hehe, I figured I would save you the hassle.)

My sincerest blessings,

Mike

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Good to know. My sister is also a psychologist, she graduated last year after spending 5 years studing, etc. And I was talking to her about hypnosis and her reaction wasn't very good, I also have my doubts but I'll give a try researching about John.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
These things are very boring because the bigger the prediction, the harder it is to avoid such a truance. It's like the saying "the bigger they are the harder they fall" except it's the exact opposite. In a world filled to the brim with too many violent video games, those who were once derided as "kooks" are suddenly now finding they are actually given a chance as their messages of peace are needed now more than ever.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hello Mr. W.,
If you are a member of A.R.E., then what's your take on the 1936 John Peniel Prophecy? I feel his channel was piggy backing on Nosty's C. VIII, Q. 31's jeune Selin, from 1555 AD. Nosty played neat games with text, but encrypted them, while Cayce still had a bit of slippage, in that, verbally, the recorded channel, would never be 100%, due to language considerations. Would Cayce's channel always sound out all the consonants?
For these two to be joined at the hip, Peniel must also be an anagram of a surname. Cayce is the nearly intact thumbnail, wheras Nosty is much more elaborate in his encryption and anagrams. Anyway, I'd like your take on it.
At least Cayce didn't have to worry about the Inquisition.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I believe Edgar.. that is until he predicted the end of the world before the turn of the century and Atlantis rising from the sea before the turn of the century. None of which has happend.

I agree with you but just to add that I believe the future is not set in stone. Meaning that maybe through his predictions, the future was changed. Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I agree with you but just to add that I believe the future is not set in stone. Meaning that maybe through his predictions, the future was changed. Just my opinion.

I donno griff, from what I understand Hitler followed Nostradamus's predictions to a Tee and look what happened.

The sites you give are junk, wanting to sell junk to get junk

Show me exactly where all the spam is on the NDE site again. You mean that TINY LITTLE LINK AT THE BOTTOM??

Nothing to talk about in this thread don't post at all..

Have a nice day.

As for Cayne I believe he saw a lot. From what I understand he was able to go see the Akashic plane, also from what I understand is since he was in trance people would take an advantage of him in this state and ask him about stocks and such.. Which lead him to predict the market crash of 1939 I believe. which since it was used for personal gain Cayne would get sick.

But I do think the Akashic plane are as you see it, I am not positive on history of humans are set in stone.. Maybe that is why some of these people can see this so clearly and warn us of what is going to happen if we don't shape up...

Dunno Just a thought.

[edit on 11/10/2006 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 11/10/2006 by ThichHeaded]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join