It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Cayce's Predictions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Meh... I don't take much stock in prophecies. For the most part they turn out to be false or if accurate could be predicted simply by connecting the dots of past and current political and religious ideologies and historical conflict. The prophecies outlined in the link you provided may or may not come to fruition but honestly, I think anyone could predict those things as a matter of simple deduction rather than divine inspiration. It's fairly easy to assume that human lifespans will lengthen, conflict will continue in the Persian Gulf, human consciousness will evolve (just vague enough to be applied to any progressive thought... like equal rights for all, allowing women to vote, etc...). As for the others like the perpetual motion machine, the hall of records discovery, the evolution of the "root race", China becoming the cradle of Christianity, and the second coming of Christ.... I'll remain skeptical.

While I think that Cayce was a tallented "spiritual" healer, I still think it's healthy to be skeptical when considering anyone who claims to be able to see the future. If you take into consideration what we think we know about space/time, and even if you subscribe to the theory that space/time is static, (meaning that the past, present and future all exist in the same construct) there is the problem of alternate timelines and parallel universes to contend with as well.

...and then there are questions about the things he didn't predict. The most obvious ommisions would be predictions about America's involvement in WWII, the development of nuclear weapons, the deveopment of the WWW, etc...

There's no doubt that he was an interesting character but I'm just not buying what he was selling.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

I understand that.But I also understand that with future events, things can change them, at least when it comes to the human factor. Really, one thing changes, and everything could change, so with human affairs it would be very hard to predict the future long term, or so I would suspect.
I think with Cayce it is the earth changes that really need to be looked at more than the human ones, because in my eyes, those don't change.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I like you....

...and you're right. We could be living alternate timelines other than the one Cayce's prophecies apply to. maybe Cayce's predictions and warnings actually altered the timeline. I suppose we'll never know.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join