It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanic Activists Sue Over Illegal Immigrant Crackdown in Pa.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I don't think Guatemala is a huge threat...

Belize on the other hand... now there's a force not to be taken lightly!

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ioseb_Jugashvili
Well well…let’s see, I read this

Originally posted by jsobecky These anti-American "Mechistas" live with the false illusion that they are being racially discriminated against because they are Latinos while totally dismissing the idea that maybe it is their ideology that is being discriminated against.
But then I search a bit on the net and I found all of this…

You need to be much more careful with your use of BB code tags.

The way you presented the above statement makes it appear that I made the statement, when in fact, it was an excerpt from the source I provided.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Not meaning to do so, just wanted to show who had added that exterior source... nevertheless to make everyone happy...

Originally Added by jsobecky (not said by him) These anti-American "Mechistas" live with the false illusion that they are being racially discriminated against because they are Latinos while totally dismissing the idea that maybe it is their ideology that is being discriminated against.

Now to answer your question apc:

Originally posted by apc
What does police profiling, invalid statistics, and possible agency descrimination investigations have to do with this discussion?

Unless you are implying that all 'Hispanics' are illegal immigrants... nothing.

Nope, I don't recall "implying" that all Hispanics are illegal, yet you can't deny that there are many who are. Now, if there is this obvious and blatant discrimination (not "possible"...please...) against the legal Hispanic, you can pretty much figure out how the illegals are treated. So much for an "illusion"

[edit on 3-9-2006 by Ioseb_Jugashvili]

[edit on 3-9-2006 by Ioseb_Jugashvili]

apc

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Thank you for not capitalizing my name. So many make that mistake... I don't see how it happens. I clearly have adopted a lowercase handle... why some feel the need to capitalize it is beyond me.

And I use the term possible because everything is relative. I can show a wealth of statistics to show that people who drink milk have a higher rate of cancer. Does that mean milk causes cancer? Or does it mean that the people who are in a position to have milk available to them are also exposed to higher levels of environmental toxins, excessive radiation, and other consequences of living in an "advanced" culture?

Obvious is a relative position. We are ignorant of what truely goes on in these matters, so "possible" is the only position one can safely assume.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
1- you do know you'd be dumping a very important part of your workforce?

2- Maybe legalize them would be smarter...

3- Well, since those illegal immigrants bring loads of money to your country, they should get something in return...wonder where the US would be, if they had a "crackdown" on inmigrants during the 1800's...

4- I would agree...if I didn't know that the term "illegals" now means hispanic, More so, it's saddenly ungrateful, since the US was once composed of "illegal" inmigrants, invading Indian and Mexican lands. Pulling the illegal card is just contradictory.

5- Ooh...the battle against the evil inmigrants, which from your very country is composed...right...

REPLY: 1- A workforce doing work that could-should be done by Americans. A large group of people who would rather leave their homeland than make things better for their own people in their own country..... cowardly.

2- There already is a way for them to be legal, and they refuse to do it. Where are all the land mines when we need them???

3- They don't bring money, they take it and send it South. The immigrants who came here in the 1800's came here to become Americans. The criminals from down South come here to take advantage of our social system and laws.

4- There is no such thing as an "hispanic." That's a word thopught up by the left to cater to a large group of people. The idea of immigration during the time of the Indian disputes was non-existant. The "Mexican lands" were stolen from the indians.... you conviently forgot that. America PAID FOR the lands won in the Mexican-American war.

5- America hasn't been "composed" of illegals for quite some time; oh.... except for the last 20-odd years, from down South.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Zappa all good points but may i suggest you quote and credit the first part of your post so as not to confuse people? It's hard to follow in its present format.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join