It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanic Activists Sue Over Illegal Immigrant Crackdown in Pa.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
That was absolutely the weakest reply to any post that I've ever read. I almost half expected a "my daddy is stronger than your daddy" in there at some point. Please return to school and learn the facts so you can debate with something that actually makes sense

[edit on 8/22/2006 by Escrotumus]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Ha, well...if you decide to call weak a valid response, it's your call, we both know I can't force you into debate, so do as you will...in any case you should go to school, since it was me who pointed out some obvious facts you seemed not to know/decided to ignore...

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ioseb_Jugashvili

Originally posted by Escrotumus
KKK? Here we go with the racist claims again.
There's a reason for them.

You are guilty of breaking Escro's Law. Just because some of us honor the US Constitution and respect the rule of law does not mean we are racists.
I would agree...if I didn't know that the term "illegals" now means hispanic, when there are loads of chinese, eastern european and middle east inmigrants going into your country through your North border.

There is a very good reason the Hispanic population is brought up the most, its because they FAR outnumber all other nationalities entering the US illegally.

Estimated Unauthorized Resident Population, Top 15 Countries, 1990 - 2000
(This is a PDF, please scroll down to page 9 to see chart)

Here are some statistics from the above source:

Estimated Unauthorized Residents Population Top 15 Countries in the US
for the Year 2000

All Countries 7,000,000
Mexico 4,800,000 This is 68.7% of Unathorized Residents

the next highest country with Unauthorized Residents In The US is (drum roll please)

EL Salvador 189,000 This is only 2.7% of Unathorized Residents

This is why Hispanics are brought up the most with this issue, because this issue is mostly about and because of them.

Another interesting web page here
Immigration Real Time Data

Don't know how accurate it is, sure is pretty interesting though.

[edit on 22/8/06 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Sorry but that has to do with MEXCO, not Hispanics. Mexico is a country, with citizens of Hispanic origins. But the majority of the illegals are Mexican, and this issue can be solved by making Mexico a state in a wonderful United states of North America (including Canada). Simply require English as a mandatory class from K-12 and college liek we do. It would also help our own country learn a new language much better.

More states means we will have more power to stop tyranny and oppression in the world.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Strictly speaking, the law passed in Hazelton is just against harboring violators. Striking it down would probably need a specific case when an illegal was denied job or housing. So somebody has to come forward and certify to the authorities that they are indeed illegals. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Aelita,

It does require someone to "throw themselves on the grenade", so to speak, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Sorry but that has to do with MEXCO, not Hispanics. Mexico is a country, with citizens of Hispanic origins. But the majority of the illegals are Mexican, and this issue can be solved by making Mexico a state in a wonderful United states of North America (including Canada). Simply require English as a mandatory class from K-12 and college liek we do. It would also help our own country learn a new language much better.

More states means we will have more power to stop tyranny and oppression in the world.

They won't even learn english now so what makes you think they would choose to learn it in your example? They don't want to learn or contribute. They want to come here tax free, make as much money as they can and send it back home. All the while they do this they run down the areas where they live due to overcrowding, traffic congestion, use of taxpayers public infrastructure services i.e. water, sewer, trash. They bleed about 75% away from the community for every 25% they contribute, and those numbers are generous.

There are only two types of people that are defending illegal immigration:

1. The illegal immigrants and their friends and family
2. Bleeding heart liberals who conveniently don't have to live in the areas that have been overrun by the illegals.

Make that 3 types:

3. Corporations/businesses and corrupt politicians that make money hand over fist by employing them at cheaper labor costs and with no benefits.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Heck, I'd love to move to Mexico and make 4x as much money as I do in my own country, not have to pay taxes, send my kids to school for free and get free medical care. Hallelujah all my troubles would be cured. I can't blame them one bit for milking this cow as long as they can. After all, it is America. Land of the free, home of the brave, and flop house of the 3rd world.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Sorry but that has to do with MEXCO, not Hispanics. Mexico is a country, with citizens of Hispanic origins.

This whole thread is actually about the Mexican illegal immigration problem, everybody knows that. The term Hispanic started being used loosely in this post due to the title of the article and the name of the organization that has filed suit against Hazelton.

We all know the term Hispanic includes Mexico along with people from different countries that aren't neccessarily causing our immigration problems.

Wikipedia - Hispanic

As used in the United States, Hispanic is one of several terms employed to categorize all persons whose ancestry hails either from the people of Spain, any of the various peoples of Spanish-speaking Latin America, or the original settlers of the traditionally Spanish-held Southwestern United States. The term is used as a broad form of classification in the U.S. census, local and federal employment, and numerous business market researches.

Wikipedia - Map of Hispanic Countries

That being said, maybe there won't be any more misunderstandings on how the word Hispanic is being used, in this post at least.

[edit on 22/8/06 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Aelita,

It does require someone to "throw themselves on the grenade", so to speak, doesn't it?

Well there might be equally heroic figures on the other side of the fence, so to speak, willing to underwrite the potential $1000 fine for identifying the intruders.

Good job, citizens of Hazelton. We need more townships like that.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

They won't even learn english now so what makes you think they would choose to learn it in your example? They don't want to learn or contribute. They want to come here tax free, make as much money as they can and send it back home. All the while they do this they run down the areas where they live due to overcrowding, traffic congestion, use of taxpayers public infrastructure services i.e. water, sewer, trash. They bleed about 75% away from the community for every 25% they contribute, and those numbers are generous.

2. Bleeding heart liberals who conveniently don't have to live in the areas that have been overrun by the illegals.

Make that 3 types:

3. Corporations/businesses and corrupt politicians that make money hand over fist by employing them at cheaper labor costs and with no benefits.

You have voted Escrotumus for the Way Above Top Secret award.

I'll add number 4.

4. Companies like Western Union that make huge sums of money off these people when they wire it back to Mexico.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have nothing against immigrants, my only beef is with illegal immigrants. We have had several Mexican families legally move into the neighborhood where I live. They are nice people and good people. I'm proud to call several of them my friends. I am getting a bit tired though of seeing and hearing people making comments and gestures about them because the Politicians in Washington DC don't have the balls to allow the enforcement of our current laws, because they are afraid that they will lose votes. Until something is done about them, there will be no resolution to this problem.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Make that 3 types:

Again, you are generalizing the same way APC did earlier. MOSt illegals in the country, because of the obvious sheer numbers, go unnoticed BECAUSE of the FACT they have adapted!! I mean, if you can prove that %51 or more of ALL illegal immigrants residences are dumps, do not even speak a lick of English, leeching welfare, and/or soley committing crime, than you may be no to something.

Until then, you are no better than one who accuses all homosexuals of being perverts, Muslims of being terrorists, all Jews of being zionist globe conquerers, Dark skinned people of being criminals, etc etc....

I will admit at the risk of being detained and interrogated, that I have met and even know several illegal immigrants. # two of them OWN a house!! They pay property tax, income tax, and salex tax. Speak English, better than me in a couple of instances. They are illegal because they were LOST in the system in the early years of their arrival and they fear bringing it up for obvious reasons. I am not saying this is the case for all of them, and am not saying that some of them are not bad.

But if they are bad, it is simply because they are bad mannered people, and has nothing to do with their status as an illegal. Do you have any experience with an illegal with your generalization where you even KNEW without a doubt that the person(s) were even illegal? Or did they just speak spanish at the time and appear Hispanic, and therefore were in your mind illegal without thinking they may just be bad mannered citizens?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You have voted DYepes for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Again, you are generalizing the same way APC did earlier. MOSt illegals in the country, because of the obvious sheer numbers, go unnoticed BECAUSE of the FACT they have adapted!!

Let's see, they almost exclusively live in the neighborhoods populated by people like themselves, where English is not spoken, where they are mostly employed by Hispanics and their children go to Spanish-language school, and guess what, they shop in Spanish groceries. They fill out official papers in Spanish etc etc etc. It's a city inside a city. This is segregation, not adaptation. So your "fact" is fiction.

I mean, if you can prove that %51 or more of ALL illegal immigrants residences are dumps, do not even speak a lick of English, leeching welfare, and/or soley committing crime, than you may be no to something.

Let's see. In my area there have been violations of housing code (overpopulation of houses) by the illegals. Now, on to the English skills... When I went to the neighbors at 2 a.m. to complain about the ridiculously loud sound of music coming from their house, I was at a loss as two people I met there didn't speak any English at all. In a brand new supermarket I had to jesticulate to call a manager since the cashier could not undestand a word of what I was saying.

Guess what, my experiences are typical.

I will admit at the risk of being detained and interrogated, that I have met and even know several illegal immigrants. # two of them OWN a house!!

House should be confiscated and they should be sent back. Illegal is illegal.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Aelita while those obvious experiences you have cited may be true, they do not represent 51% of the illegal community, and therefore cannot be considered the majority of illegals. illegals live in Black, white, and hispanic, # even in Arab neighborhoods. The two who owned a house which I spoke of speak English with the people they are in contact with on a daily basis. How do I know? Because I see them at least a few times a week. there is an estimated number of milliosnof illegals, but somehow we cannot find the MAJORITY of them. This is because they HAVE indeed adapted. a Few bad apples NEVER represents the nature of the majority.

Let me show you an example of how generalizing is wrong. Many people, that is American citizens, consider trailer parks "redneck dumps". Yet, I promise you if you go to ten different trailer parks in your closest city with a population of 100,000 or more, you will find this rule does not apply at all. In fact most of them will actually be populated with a diverse cultural mix of well mannered people, and be relatively clean.

Even if you go to a predominately Hispanic part of town, the majority of that part of town will not be littered with garbage any more than any other laregly segregated part of an American city, or populated with horribly mannered non-english speakers. If you own a house in this country, chances are you do in fact speak a decent amount of english, whether you are legal or not.

Jeez Aelita, you are truly an evil person. You would confiscate the house of a person who owns a house, pays property and income tax, and has to support a family because their paperwork got lost in the system when they came to this country years ago? They pay taxes for services many claim most illegals leech of of, but they do not use at all? You would do well in a heartless police state.

[edit on 8/22/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I think, maybe, DYepes reads the same message I do from some posters. Its a message of mean bigotry. "Some of the illegal immigrants won't assimilate into this country, or commit crimes, or group together where they are comfortable, so all of them are bad." I simply cannot do that. If your local neighborhoods are so bad, maybe you have a local law-enforcement problem.

In addition, I have never seen the posters that express some of these views offer a single iota of solid, verifiable, neutral evidence to back their position. They simply rely on the "I'm a patriot, backing the constitution" position. Show me the problem without relying on emotional rhetoric. I'm not denying a problem with illegal immigration, I'm disgusted with the use of gross generalizations to demean and dehumanize a group of people.

Frankly, I think some of you fail to see the human tragedy in the situation and are simply bigoted.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Here is an idea, let the US government take over Mexico. Mexico can be a part of the United States. Then they wouldn't have to come over here. From the looks of things, no one except the Mexican government would care.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Again, you are generalizing the same way APC did earlier. MOSt illegals in the country, because of the obvious sheer numbers, go unnoticed BECAUSE of the FACT they have adapted!! I mean, if you can prove that %51 or more of ALL illegal immigrants residences are dumps, do not even speak a lick of English, leeching welfare, and/or soley committing crime, than you may be no to something.

I'd be happy to prove it to you. Come visit me 25 miles southwest of DC and take a tour of my town and I'll show you all the proof you need. Spanish signs everywhere, construction workers that don't speak a word of english, dirty neighborhoods that used to be clean, corona bottles littering the streets, real estate taxes higher than ANY other city in Virginia (verified), 4 or 5 people to a house with some sneaking around in the shadows. All good people mind you as there have been no crime problems in my neighborhood (so far), but still many MANY illegals here that the government turns a blind eye to. I majored in Criminal Justice in college so needless to say I have a strong sense of adhering to the law. There is no gray area here. There is only black and white. Either you are a citizen, or you are a lawbreaker. PERIOD.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

You have voted DYepes for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Ohh and btw, that was the most childish thing I've seen in a while. Talk about tit for tat....sheesh. How old are you anyway? 12, 13 maybe?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I think, maybe, DYepes reads the same message I do from some posters. Its a message of mean bigotry. "Some of the illegal immigrants won't assimilate into this country, or commit crimes, or group together where they are comfortable, so all of them are bad." I simply cannot do that. If your local neighborhoods are so bad, maybe you have a local law-enforcement problem.

This is not a local law enforcement problem unfortunately. This is a federal government problem. Local law enforcement can't do anything unless they are committing a crime (other than the one they are committing by being here in the first place mind you).

In addition, I have never seen the posters that express some of these views offer a single iota of solid, verifiable, neutral evidence to back their position. They simply rely on the "I'm a patriot, backing the constitution" position. Show me the problem without relying on emotional rhetoric. I'm not denying a problem with illegal immigration, I'm disgusted with the use of gross generalizations to demean and dehumanize a group of people.

Would you like me to prove to you that this country has a drug problem as well? I could google you a few thousand links to prove that as well. We also have a national debt problem, a family values problem, a loss of belief in our elected leaders problem etc etc. Seriously, you've seen the same numbers that I've seen and you know there is a serious problem but you just choose to take the liberal-bleeding-heart-pull-the-race-card ideology. If he feels that way about hispanics then he MUST be a racist by george! That line is soooo tired.

Frankly, I think some of you fail to see the human tragedy in the situation and are simply bigoted.

The only tragedy I see in this is that an entire country of people have failed to take the bull by the horns in their own country and failed to solve their own problems of poverty and corruption. Because of this failure, 30+ million of their citizens have seen no other recourse but to make a mass exodus for the US. That's the real tragedy here. At this rate the US will be just like Mexico within 20 years. Viva la Revolucion!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join