It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanic Activists Sue Over Illegal Immigrant Crackdown in Pa.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well apc I do not know what your attitude about the group who wants to reunite the southern US under Mexican control is, but their government cannot properly manage a country the way it is now, let alone a land twice the size they are now by addin what they wish to be reclaimed as their homeland. I suppose you edited it out, but you made your opinion clear you did not support that the least bit.

Of course my choice of words was not the correct way to state my message, but I never implied we would crush them through violence. An unreasonable group can be made irrelevant by simply granting the citizens they claim to represent with a better way of life and standard of living than they currently harbor.

Just thought I would let people know that before you attempt to paint me as a warmongering hateful and unsympathetic individual.

Unlike some Puerto Rican seperatist groups that are considered terrorists by the state department, this Aztlan group wishes to reunite the south western united states into Mexico. They can be crushed by drowing out their propoganda with our wonderul standard of living, rights, and respect for cultural and ethnic differences that America represents (at least the majority of tis citizens anyways).

There you go, I hope you understand my position now, I figured I would not have to explain it but now hopefully it is clear to you.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Unlike some Puerto Rican seperatist groups that are considered terrorists by the state department, this Aztlan group wishes to reunite the south western united states into Mexico.

REPLY: Yep ... La Mecha; Aztlan et-al may turn out to be Americas Palestinian/Isreali issue. Those two groups believe we're "occupying" their land. What they convenoently forget is that mexico was paid $12.5 million for the land, and another $3+ million for lawsuits. So, around $15 million for close to 240,000 acres of land. Not bad considering the price of land back then.

Speaking of names of groups; La Mecha translates to "The Race." Boy ..... let a white group start an organization called "The Race", and you'd sure see the crap hit the fan!

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1

Unlike some Puerto Rican seperatist groups that are considered terrorists by the state department, this Aztlan group wishes to reunite the south western united states into Mexico.

REPLY: Yep ... La Mecha; Aztlan et-al may turn out to be Americas Palestinian/Isreali issue. Those two groups believe we're "occupying" their land. What they convenoently forget is that mexico was paid $12.5 million for the land, and another $3+ million for lawsuits. So, around $15 million for close to 240,000 acres of land. Not bad considering the price of land back then.
LOL, someone needs a history class...

Prior to 1822 What is today Mexico, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and California are all Spanish colonies.

1822 Mexican colonists, following the American revolution, rebel against Spain and win their own revolutionary war, making Mexico a free nation just like America.

February, 1845 James Polk, on his inagauguration night, confides to his Secretary of the Navy that a principal objective of his presidency is the acquisition of California, which Mexico had been refusing to sell to the U.S. at anyprice.

Early 1845 The Washington Union, expressing the position of James Polk, writes: "...who can arrest the torrent that will pour onward to the West? The road to California will be open to us. Who will stay the march...?" "A corps of properly organized volunteers...would invade, overrun, and occupy Mexico. They would enable us not only to take California, but to keep it."

Curious...yet you state the US payed like it was a willing transaction...riiight

Early 1845,. James Polk promises Texas he will support moving the historical Texas/Mexico border at the Nueces river 150 miles south to the Rio Grande provided Texas agrees to join the union. "The traditional border between Texas and Mexico had been the Nueces River...and both the United States and Mexico had recognized that as the border."
So now a Mexican province that rebelled is supported by the US...curious indeed.

June 30, 1845 James Polk orders troops to march south of the traditional Texas/Mexico border into Mexican inhabited territory, causing Mexicans to flee their villages and abandon their crops in terror.
Smells like someone is breakin' the law...invasion? Anyone?

Early 1846 Colonel Hitchcock, commander of the 3rd Infantry regiment, writes in his diary: "...the United States are the aggressors....We have not one particle of right to be here....It looks as if the government sent a small force on purpose to bring on a war, so as to have a pretext for taking California and as much of this country as it chooses....My heart is not in this business."

Oops huh? Even a military official now agrees it's an agression with intent of theft...

May 9, 1846 President Polk tells his cabinet: "...up to this time...we have heard of no open aggression by the Mexican Army."

So even the president acknowledges the US are the agressors?

May 10, 1846 Violence erupts between Mexican and American troops south of the Nueces River. Of course Polk claims Mexicans had fired the first shot, but in his famous "spot resolutions" congressman Abraham Lincoln repeatedly challenges president Polk to name the exact "spot" where Mexicans first attacked American troops. Polk never met the challenge.
Mmm...well if Lincoln said it he must not have said in vain...would you dismiss Lincoln?

May 11, 1846 President Polk urges congress to declare war on Mexico.

So even when they were the agressors, he declares war?

1846 Congressman Abraham Lincoln, speaking in a session of congress "...the president unnecessarily and unconstitutionally commenced a war with Mexico....The marching an army into the midst of a peaceful Mexican settlement, frightening the inhabitants away, leaving their growing crops and other property to destruction, to you may appear a perfectly amiable, peaceful, un- provoking procedure; but it does not appear so to us."
Yet again, Lincoln recognizes the war was provoked and begun by the US...

February 11, 1847. The "Congressional Globe" reports: "...We must march from ocean to ocean....We must march from Texas straight to the Pacific ocean....It is the destiny of the white race, it is the destiny of the Anglo-Saxon Race."
No racism involved? Anyone? Want some more?

The New York Herald: "The universal Yankee Nation can regenerate and disenthrall the people of Mexico in a few years; and we believe it is a part of our destiny to civilize that beautiful country."
Or perhaps a bit more...

American Review writes of Mexicans "yielding to a superior population, insensibly oozing into her territories, changing her customs, and out-living, exterminating her weaker blood."

Maybe those "terrorists" have a reason to be just a tad...outraged...don't they?

But this gets just better…

1846-1848 U.S. Army battles Mexico, not just enforcing the new Texas border at the Rio Grande but capturing Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, and California (as well as marching as far south as Mexico City).

So the skirmish changes to a all out invasion?

1848 Mexico surrenders on U.S. terms (U.S. takes over ownership of New Mexico, California, an expanded Texas, and more, for a token payment of $15 million, which leads the Whig Intelligencer to report: "We take nothing by conquest....Thank God").
So Mexico surrenders in a war they did not provoke, is paid for a territory it did not want to sell at any price, yet it’s fair? The one that very, very conveniently ignores history and facts, is you, sir.

Those two groups believe we're "occupying" their land.
Ever wondered why?? Lol…it’s more than obvious….Last, but not least…

General Ulysses S. Grant calls the Mexican War "the most unjust war ever undertaken by a stronger nation against a weaker one."
I’m sure as a chest-beating American you’ll recognize Grant and Lincoln…

So sorry, but your point there is moot, and you’ll have to recognize that after all the facts proving you otherwise…

Speaking of names of groups; La Mecha translates to "The Race." Boy ..... let a white group start an organization called "The Race", and you'd sure see the crap hit the fan!
La Mecha means "The Wick"...lol, you obviously don't know spanish...how come “The Wick” means “The Race”?

Primary Source: "We take nothing by conquest, Thank God", in A People's History Of the United States, 1492-Present, Howard Zinn, NY: HarperCollins Publishers, Inc. (This book is available on the shelf at virtually every bookstore in America. The New York Times Book Review says it "...should be required reading for a new generation of students...." ) In that same link you’ll find lots of info I’m sure you (especially you) will like…

apc

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Just thought I would let people know that before you attempt to paint me as a warmongering hateful and unsympathetic individual.

Nah, you do a good job of that yourself. Your hypocrisies run deep. I try not to make things an issue of "right or left", but you're an almost textbook example of true far left arrogance. Of course there are those on the far right who share in your asinity, which is why I laugh at you both.

I like your word choice of "crush", again. "Crush" ... "squash" ... yeah... those aren't the words of a warmongering hateful individual. You say I hate a certain group of people... if I do it is because of their actions. You hate a group because of their beliefs.

Thanks for not hiding behind a U2U as you promised. You do surprise me on occasion.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Here is a link to there local news seems like they have a real immigration problem here!

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Our country is still running almost exactly the same if not better than what it was ten years ago. Regardless of whatever lobby is doing what, those who are in a leadership position in this government know how to do so, and are doing it.

Nothing to start a day like a good laugh
Thanks Yepes. I seriosuly don't know what rock you've been living under for the past 10 years.

Read up on import-export numbers, all kinds of deficit and national debt. Situation in the Middle East deteriorated greatly, NK was not dealt with, global warming is raging etc ad nauseam. Diabetes is becoming an epidemic. We are lagging in education. And you talking about good leadership? Good Lord! I want to hear how the leadership is going to get us out of Iraq.

We are in a bad shape. You personally seem to espouse a greatly simplified, naive view of this country which extends to your childish position on illegal immigration. I also got a laugh from you argument about not too much trash in the areas populated by the illegals, as grounds for granting them citizenship. This just shows how deeply you understand socioeconomics in the US.

"thank you government, and God Bless America!!" I now bow to the ground and kiss my land. I am happy, and do not let hate cloud my mind. I allow those who run this country run it wisely.

I envy your ignorance. Truly you are blessed.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Oh geez, I cannot recall the last time I had to dodge a rocket in my town, do you? I can still aford the gas, although it has required me to rework my priorities as far as budget goes. Do you still drive? I am sure you do. There are more millionaires in this coutnry than at any point in the past. but I guess that only means this country is falling apart.

Whats that, you have an internet forum to find the truth and express dissent? Woah I don't remember having that ten years ago. I dont even remember being able to order cars and parts, pay your bills, download music, games, movies, or just about anything you wanted from your home by going "click click" ten years ago. Only a limited number of things.

Beautiful Wal-Mart has made the one stop shop so much easier for millions of low income families across the nation. And what do you have, now average people have an open audition to be recognized in front of millions for their inventions, talents, singing or dancing abilities by just going on television and entertaining America.

Man look, I don't think anyone here is living in a gutter, and some people here like to whine about trash they feel they are too damn good to pick up in their neighborhood and want to blame others, but this country is getting bigger and better every year, and you damn well better appreciate it. I know I do, and I love it. A few illegals come across the border, whatever I don't give a #. I got it better than most of them and so do yall. give them their chance, or just make them all one of us and be done with it. Than we have a smaller border to patrol. # we got half of Mexico hundred and some odd years ago, might as well try and get the other half now by asking them if they want the opportunity.

apc

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Whats that, you have an internet forum to find the truth and express dissent? Woah I don't remember having that ten years ago. I dont even remember being able to order cars and parts, pay your bills, download music, games, movies, or just about anything you wanted from your home by going "click click" ten years ago. Only a limited number of things.

You have lived a sheltered life on this here intarweb.

Man look, I don't think anyone here is living in a gutter, and some people here like to whine about trash they feel they are too damn good to pick up in their neighborhood and want to blame others, but this country is getting bigger and better every year, and you damn well better appreciate it. I know I do, and I love it. A few illegals come across the border, whatever I don't give a #. I got it better than most of them and so do yall. give them their chance, or just make them all one of us and be done with it. Than we have a smaller border to patrol. # we got half of Mexico hundred and some odd years ago, might as well try and get the other half now by asking them if they want the opportunity.

I know what I see. I know what I hear. You think you know. But you know nothing.

I love your cut and run (cough...) techniques... not only from your argument in this very thread (hasn't worked out too well, eh?), but from the issue itself. "Just annex them! Then crush everyone I don't agree with!" Yeeaaaah. Ignorant Hypocrit.

But very nice to see Hazelton got the job done. Should set an excellent precedent.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I saw a website where a guy said that his lifestyle, which specifically includes being able to order a pizza at 2 a.m., deserves defense in detail and at any cost, including invasion of Iraq. That's just inches away from Yepes' being able to "download games" off the Internet as evidence that administration is doing a good job. Sheesh.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You damn right. I am glad to be order my pizza at 2 AM. Ill tell you what else, and this one is for APC

I am a communist, liberal hippy!! Oh yea. And I am also a conservative witch-burning fanatic. Oh wait that makes me a hypocrit teehee. Whatever, I am all of the above if it makes you happy

Here is to pizza at 2 am, 24 hour retailers, and the free internet! God Bless America!

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I all bullcrap propagandist here.

Every landlord Ive ever encountered charges each prospective renter between $20 and $50 for these "checks". You expect me to believe you as the landlord foot the bill for these things and don't pass the costs onto the renters?

I ain't buying it.

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

Uhm around here most rentals run credit checks. Fairly easy and cheap way to check a SSN.

Twenty bucks per prospective tenant, is not a fee most people in my position can afford. If it serves also to preclude problems down the line, it's worth it, but I rely on my own ability for that, and it's effective.

While I lived amongst them, it was fairly obvious that the illegals would have their 'coyote' or whatever he would be called (a legal who would be able to pass the credit check) sign the lease. Then in came their half dozen hombres who would trash the area, cause oodles of problems, and eventually just leave skipping out on the lease.

I'm not sure, but I think coyote is a term reserved for those who assist in getting people across the border undetected, by whatever means.

There are definitely plenty of citizens who are willing to sign a lease for a friend, but an attentive landlord should have absolutely no problem spotting this right away, and dealing with it before it gets out of hand, and a lot of money is lost.

If I rent an apartment to someone, I've got to be sure it's them living there. That seems like common sense to me.

After determining they were illegal I informed the landlord.

And how did you determine this inspector?

They did nothing, because they didn't really care as long as rent was being paid. I fould this appalling.

Or maybe, like me, they see a clear distinction between the duties of a landlord, and the duties of an immigration cop?

Lemme ask you this...

If you work in a bank, as a teller, do you spend your evenings doing paperwork for the local police department, free of charge? Of course not. If you're a chef, do you spend your half hour lunch walking around with a measuring stick, checking to make sure that every car is parked a foot or less away from the curb?

Not only were they in violation of their lease just by breathing the air (criminal act), they turned the place into a dump. The world is their trash can. And zero respect for their neighbors, except the other illegals.

The fact that you believe the above mentioned characteristics are unique to illegal immigrants is very telling. Take a trip to any poor semi-rural neighborhood, and tell me, how many of those properties have been converted into makeshift garbage heaps by their white, American tenants?

Go to Milwaukee or Detroit or Chicago, and tell me the people living in the projects, and the low-income housing, and the row houses, don't turn their surroundings into a trash-heap.

I've seen this behavior EVERYWHERE, the only common thread is poverty. Rich people don't generally live atop mountains of trash, competing with rodents for scraps of food. That's the commonality here...

It's got nothing to do with immigration status.

I can't wait for the day that all cities have laws like this on the books. Something to force landlords to actually act against illegals instead of just ignoring the mounting problems so long as the money is there.

That's patently ridiculous. INS can't get it's act together, so they're going to fine me for trying to scrape a living out of this crappy rental market?

Next thing you're going to tell me, I've gotta go fix an oxygen generator on the space station, because the mechanic assigned by NASA, despite having a budget far exceeding my own, has been chronically unable to do so.

Un-FREAKIN-believable.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
protections ONLY apply to Citizens of These United States. Illegals do NOT get protections from the Bill of Rights or Constution. They have committed fraud as the very first action they have performed in this country (by lying about thei identity etc) and therefore should be arrested and deported.

They force the Patriot Act on us and are enslaving us, but the borders are WIDE OPEN. wtf

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by INE107
protections ONLY apply to Citizens of These United States. Illegals do NOT get protections from the Bill of Rights or Constution. They have committed fraud as the very first action they have performed in this country (by lying about thei identity etc) and therefore should be arrested and deported.

They force the Patriot Act on us and are enslaving us, but the borders are WIDE OPEN. wtf

REPLY: Since you haven't done the research, 99% of the laws folded into the Patriot Act have been arounf for decades; just put under one heading and enforcement procedures.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Curious...yet you state the US payed like it was a willing transaction

REPLY: I never said it was. My point is that many radical Mex's say their land was stolen (the land they took from the American Indians and payed nothing for), but the payment made to Mexico proves that to be an error, which was my point, and none of the info you posted changes that.

By the way...... the translation came from 3 different mexicans, and from the website, itself. Their motto is: "For The Race, everything, and for all others, nothing." (Paraphrased.)

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

REPLY: I never said it was. My point is that many radical Mex's say their land was stolen (the land they took from the American Indians and payed nothing for), but the payment made to Mexico proves that to be an error, which was my point, and none of the info you posted changes that.
Mmm...well actually it does, since a token payment of $15 mil means nothing,since Mexico didn't want to sell. Years later the US payed $10 mill for a strip of land not even 5% of the total territory...

By the way...... the translation came from 3 different mexicans, and from the website, itself. Their motto is: "For The Race, everything, and for all others, nothing." (Paraphrased.)
3 different mexicans? Really? Their motto might be for the "race", yet grab a dictionary, that is one spanish-english dictionary and look for "Mecha"...just don't be surprised when it says wick and not race...or well...you can tell your 3 different imaginary mexicans that translated "Mecha" to race, and tell them to read this

mecha.
(Quizá del fr. mèche).
1. f. Cuerda retorcida o cinta tejida hecha de filamentos combustibles, generalmente de algodón, que se pone en las piqueras o mecheros de algunos aparatos del alumbrado y dentro de las velas y bujías.
2. f. Tubo de algodón, trapo o papel, relleno de pólvora, para dar fuego a minas y barrenos.
3. f. Tira de tocino gordo para mechar aves, carne y otras cosas.
4. f. Mechón de pelo, especialmente el teñido de un tono diferente al resto del cabello. U. m. en pl.
5. f. Porción de hilas atadas por en medio, que se emplea para la curación de enfermedades externas y operaciones quirúrgicas.
Let's see if they translate wrong again...shall we?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ioseb_Jugashvili

3 different mexicans? Really? Their motto might be for the "race", yet grab a dictionary, that is one spanish-english dictionary and look for "Mecha"...just don't be surprised when it says wick and not race...or well...you can tell your 3 different imaginary mexicans that translated "Mecha" to race, and tell them to read this mecha.
Let's see if they translate wrong again...shall we?

That's all well and good, except MEChA is an acronym, not a noun or verb.

The acronym MEChA stands for "Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan." or "Chicano Student Movement of Aztlan."

MEChA is an Hispanic separatist organization that encourages anti-American activities and civil disobedience. The radical members of MEChA who refer to themselves as "Mechistas," romanticize Mexican claims to the "lost Territories" of the Southwestern United States -- a Chicano country called Aztlan. In its national constitution, MEChA calls for self-determination by its members to liberate Aztlan. MEChA's national constitution starts out: "Chicano and Chicana students of Aztlán must take upon themselves the responsibilities to promote Chicanismo within the community, politicizing our Raza with an emphasis on indigenous consciousness to continue the struggle for the self-determination of the Chicano people for the purpose of liberating Aztlán."

These anti-American "Mechistas" live with the false illusion that they are being racially discriminated against because they are Latinos while totally dismissing the idea that maybe it is their ideology that is being discriminated against.

www.mayorno.com...

Sort of like AAA. It's commonly pronounced "Triple A", not what the dentist tells you to say.

So, it more likely can be interpreted as "The Race", instead of "The Wick".

[edit on 27-8-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Thanks jsobecky..... I was waiting for him/her to do the research before I broke the bad news, but you beat him/her to it, and saved me the time.

Now...... let's see if it makes any difference. Besides, back then, $15 Million was hardly a "token" payment. And, if they really didn't want to sell/accept the money, they didn't have to.

Many are finally building the fences along the border, so we just have to see if the Navy will sell their outdated CIWS systems towards the effort to secure the borders.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well well…let’s see, I read this

Originally posted by jsobecky These anti-American "Mechistas" live with the false illusion that they are being racially discriminated against because they are Latinos while totally dismissing the idea that maybe it is their ideology that is being discriminated against.
But then I search a bit on the net and I found all of this…

Bush administration is replacing Lawrence A Greenfeld as director of Bureau of Justice Statistics following his complaint that senior political officials at Justice Department played down data on aggressive police treatment of black and Hispanic drivers
So the government replaces someone that complains about racism…yet this “Anti-Americans” live under the “false illusion”?

But wait, there’s more…

A racial-profiling study that analyzed millions of police traffic stops in Texas in 2002 and 2003 has found that black and Hispanic drivers were far more likely to be searched though not more likely to be carrying contraband like drugs.
So Hispanic and Black drivers get stopped more often for no good reason...still no racism…maybe a bit more?

The United States Department of Justice is investigating whether the New York City Fire Department' s hiring practices discriminate against black and Hispanic firefighting candidates
Mmm…interesting investigation for… racism

Abercrombie & Fitch say they have reached agreement to multimillion dollar deal that would settle accusations clothing retailer promoted whites at expense of minority employees. Will affect more than 10,000 Hispanic, Asian or black men and women

So big companies discriminate as well…still an illusion?

The federal judge hearing a class-action discrimination case filed by a group of Hispanic U.S. Customs agents has handed down a ruling that is a major victory for the agents, according to their attorney, Ron Schmidt.
The class-action lawsuit, which was filed in May 2002 on behalf of some 400 active and former Hispanic special agents, alleges that Customs has engaged in a pattern of discrimination. That discrimination, the lawsuit claims, dates back to the 1970s.
So now not only does the government discriminate, but it’s been doing it for quite some time…curious
Ooh…btw, the link you provide states this… regarding the term “La Raza”

the term itself is used to indicate camaraderie among those in different organizations with the same objectives.
The fact that M.E.CH.A is grouped that way is for spanish, to give the meaning of WICK. It’s not just a fluke. Wicks were used to light gunpowder cannons and old rifles, which is must likely what it’s intended to be related to, the wick of revolution maybe, or change??

Now...... let's see if it makes any difference. Besides, back then, $15 Million was hardly a "token" payment. And, if they really didn't want to sell/accept the money, they didn't have to.
Really?? Well…let’s see…they had captured the Mexican “president” (a dictator really), who was a traitor (and is recognized as such), for he was dealing to sell the land the mexican people didn’t want to sell, before the war. Finally he was exiled for his actions.
And lastly, it was a token payment, $10 million where payed for a much, much smaller piece of land, just north of the border. $15 million do not repay the wealth those lands could produce, or it’s importance.

CIWS for border “protection”…laughable indeed…

apc

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
What does police profiling, invalid statistics, and possible agency descrimination investigations have to do with this discussion?

Unless you are implying that all 'Hispanics' are illegal immigrants... nothing.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Honestly I do not mind CIWS at the border if the border were the southern border of Mexico and the country itself joins the Union as a new state.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join