It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLR Jester
The MET have just announced that this was a plot to commit mass murder on an unprecedented scale, and now have 21 people under arrest, that's three more then.

Something else they said was that they were still operating and that they were in the early part of the operation.

Also, I tried pulling up the site to Diego Garcia and no dice. The only thing that I could think of for the cancelling of military flights would be that the higher ups are sitting tight and don't want too many of their assets up in the air. I wonder if there is anyway we can find out exactly where these military flights are shut down...

Of course it could also just be something to do with the weather, drunk pilot, or malfunctioning equipment, right?

[edit on 8/10/2006 by Sir Solomon]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Its Thursday, 7/7 was on a Thursday and so was the failed attack aswell. It seems these terrorists have a thing for Thursdays.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Its Thursday, 7/7 was on a Thursday and so was the failed attack aswell. It seems these terrorists have a thing for Thursdays.

thats not really a good comparison

7/7 and the failed attack were actually attacks

today so far its just 21 arrests and a whole lotta security precautions/raise in alert status

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Originally posted by War_Monger
Hmm.... Imagine that. Muslim wackos causing trouble yet again. Lets see how long it takes for some people to blame this on Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld or the war in Iraq, NWO BS, Illuminati, and those pesky Freemasons.

Um, you are the first to bring up Bush et. al. Why badger other people to join you in the mud?

But on a related subject, I never have carry-on luggage, it's too much of a pain to carry around, and a hassle to stow.

If my being glad that this terror plot was foiled and innocent people were not killed by evil muslims is being, as you say, "in the mud", then I welcome a mudslide. And as for me being the first to bring up Bush et. al, take a look around this forum and observe the multitudes that blame everything on Bush et. al.

God Bless America, Israel, and the United Kingdom

Oooo-Rah

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Solomon

Also, I tried pulling up the site to Diego Garcia and no dice. The only thing that I could think of for the cancelling of military flights would be that the higher ups are sitting tight and don't want too many of their assets up in the air. I wonder if there is anyway we can find out exactly where these military flights are shut down...

Of course it could also just be something to do with the weather, drunk pilot, or malfunctioning equipment, right?

[edit on 8/10/2006 by Sir Solomon]

It could be anything, military flights get canceled or delayed pretty regularly to Diego Gracia. Maybe just a coincidence.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Anti-terrorist department is giving a press conference in an hour.

apparently, "something happened" and the police had to move today. Blair knew of this plot for weeks, discussed with Bush. Sky news is talking about the threat of domestic terrorism.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
"confident they have foiled terror plane"

I dont like it when they put it that way. It means there is still a risk and what happened to those at large? its kinda worrying.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by infinite]

Aye Infinite, you're right. To me this whole operation smacks of them covering their arses on the off chance something may (or is going to) happen. It's going the way of

"As the public are aware, we did everything in our power to try and stop this tragic event from happening, but if [insert organisation here] are determined enough, they will always find a way."

I'm hoping I'm wrong though, and this turns out to be just another scare mongering event. Eyes to the skies folks, I did see a fair few planes on my way to work this morning, but the skies are eerily plane free now. I'm guessing our skies are looking similar to those of America post 9/11 events.

Fingers crossed it's just another Blair and COBRA scary time. Anyone meant to be flying today?

T

[edit on 10-8-2006 by tandino]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by aragami
thats not really a good comparison

7/7 and the failed attack were actually attacks

today so far its just 21 arrests and a whole lotta security precautions/raise in alert status

thats a good point.

Lets hope this doesnt turn into an attack.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tandino
Eyes to the skies folks, I did see a fair few planes on my way to work this morning, but the skies are eerily plane free now. I'm guessing our skies are looking similar to those of America post 9/11 events.

its going to be like it for a few days, the MET didn't rule it out. International flights are restricted from Heathrow, going to be silent in the south. Canterbury sky is plane (and bird) free.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
yeah i have a couple of friends flying on holiday to spain today and i think my next door neighbours are too, so they're not too happy about all the delays at the airport.

anyone know if they've picked up those 2 other suspects that were "missing" yet?

edit: bbc one just switched to bbc news 24 for a news update

[edit on 10-8-2006 by aragami]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by aragami
anyone know if they've picked up those 2 other suspects that were "missing" yet?

no.
its worrying cause you don't know what part of the country they are in and you don't know if they might go and blow something else up instead.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Nothing yet to deter me from the premise that this was about the Pakistani terror which I posted about earlier.

CBS News
senior U.S. counterterrorism official said authorities believe dozens of people - possibly as many as 50 - were involved in the overseas plot. The plan "had a footprint to al Qaeda back to it," said the official, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.

The plan involved airline passengers hiding masked explosives in carryon luggage, the official said. "They were not yet sitting on an airplane," but were very close to traveling, the official said, calling that the plot was "the real deal."

Here's the quote of the day.

"This is the real deal", the official said, adding that the reason "they have taken the action they've done is because you don't know what you don't know".

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Whats scary is this is just the stuff they are telling us...I bet theres a whole lot more involved that we will only find out much later.

Makes me think of the series 24. I wonder if stuff like that happens all the time involving Counter-Terrorist Units and how close we do actually come to getting blown up

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I just don't like this at all

with two suspects gone missing, you would think they would release their pictures so the public can help the police track them down.

sometimes sky use the word "foiled" then they use "disrupted". make up your mind!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
update from bbc news:

the police and counter terrorist folk moved today because and i quote "something happened" to make them think they needed to move now.

the police searching the premises where they were arrested found some interesting items...

nice vague terms there lol

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
i REALLY dont like how Skynews is dancing with domestic terrorism.

the idea that they might just randomly target something or more cells will step up to the mark and start a campaign is worrying.

either way, this attack has worked cause its effected the stock market and is attacking our economy (like the IRA use to do...but the IRA always gave a warning).

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
apparently they have already 'de-arrested' some of the people they arrested and share prices are rising again so not sure what to make of this. At least Tony Blair got his flight out yesterday, apparently he's known about it for weeks and goes on holiday as it breaks. That's leadership. Some guy (Peter Power - who I recall was linked to tests run on 7/7) said passengers will have to get used to 'intimate cavity searches in the future' on BBC earlier. I can see that going down well.

I don't mean to be cynical but it's wiped Lebanon off the news today

[edit on 10-8-2006 by kickoutthejams]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   

the police and counter terrorist folk moved today because and i quote "something happened" to make them think they needed to move now.

Ya, something happened. ABC blew the investigation. Just guessing, but it seems plausable right now.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
if anyone wants to check the baa website good luck its just went down due to massive volume of people checking it lol

something doesn't feel right to me

and my rooms just went ominously dark as i typed that...
damn clouds *shakes fist*

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
At least Tony Blair got his flight out yesterday, apparently he's known about it for weeks and goes on holiday as it breaks. That's leadership.

if they blow something up, Tony will return straight away (he did on 7/7)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join