It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times joins Reuters with fraudulent photos of it's own

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
NO ONE IS SAYING THERE'S NO DESTRUCTION AND DEATH IN LEBANON, HOWEVER THIS DISCUSSION IS ABOUT A MISREPRESENTATION OF A PHOTOGRAPH AND CAPTION IN THE MEDIA.

What else should we do, rent a plane and fly a banner?

Djarums, this quote should illustrate what I meant with my questions. I hope it clarifies my position.

Case in point (and I dont mean to single out any one in particular, JIMC5499
)

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I have to wonder if this is the same building where 40 people were supposed to have been killed and then later that number was reduced to 1?

I have no doubt that there is damage and casualties in Lebanon as a result of Israel's attacks. I am sorry to say that some of those casualties probably are innocent civilians. What I am doubting is the numbers of these casualties. There is a media blitz trying to portray Israel as attacking indescriminatly without reguard to civilian casualties. If there was the carnage that the media is trying to portray there would be no need to stage sensationalized photos.

You see JIMC5499 isnt doubting that there is devastation occuring in Lebanon but since these faked photos have surfaced he is doubting the details of what he is hearing coming out of Lebanon. Instead of believing the reports of casualties there will now be an indelible doubt lodged in his mind which will prevent him from believing it fully. Even photos of real dead bodies and carnage will be questioned and doubted from now on.

In a war where both sides are openly engaging in PR campaigns, these faked photos are an absolute PR boon for Israel.

[edit on 10/8/06 by subz]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

I suppose it's too much to ask for people to use a little imagination before calling everyone and their mother a liar. Perhaps he's just checked his pulse. Perhaps he's about to check his pulse. Perhaps he's just holding his hand until the ambulance comes. Or maybe, as I said before, they're both faking it for PR value.

I DON'T KNOW, AND NEITHER DO YOU.

You know, I have to agree. I have to do a total 180 on this and admit I was wrong. Perhaps he's just checked his pulse. Perhaps he is just about to check his pulse. Perhaps he is just holding his hand until that ambulance finally arrives. Who am I to pass judgement on Hezbos? Who am I to say that he is not checking his pulse. Certainly I cannot be speaking with any degree of experience.

Note: Sarcasm above. Logic guided by intelligence below.

This is so obvious a PR stunt by the Hezbos

Notice that the fake dead/unconscious Hezbo had enough time to neatly place his hat firmly between his torso and his arm before he croaked/passed out.

Hezbo hat

Notice the dead/unconscious Hezbo had enough time to neatly place his right foot firmly on that piece of metal before he croaked/passed out.

Hezbo foot

Notice (assuming Hezbo did not assume room temperature) the old fart Hezbos standing around in the following photos that haven't succumbed to fatigue, heat, exhaustion, or whatever your "little imagination " can conjure. Keep in mind that the dead/unconscious Hezbo is very apparently young and physically fit.

Hezbo old fart 1

Hezbo old fart 2

Stop making excuses for terrorists WyrdeOne.

[edit on 12-8-2006 by War_Monger]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
What is all of the discussion about?

Seriously, this 'photo' doesn't even come close to passing the laugh test...

Anybody that has ever done any rescue work immediately sees the flaw in this 'photo'...

That guy has got to be the cleanest (not to mention the prettiest
) guy to ever have a building fall on him.

If I'm this photographers editor... we'd be having a serious conversation behind closed doors.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
golemina...so true.

Maybe we should commission a sculpture...and entitle it

"Rescue of The Immaculate Martyr"

or something like that. He looks all Christ-like and stuff...except for the treasured ballcap that is. I think the photo looks downright hokey...campy even.

* and to make sure no one misunderstands - nothing agains the "posers" - everything against the photographer *

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Funny that we didn't see the same outrage over the faked "photos that damn Hezbollah", that were pictures of Christian Phalangists circa the mid-1980's passed off as Hezbollah.

Funny that LGF hasn't been passing on any "talking points" to it's army of robots about those, now that it's pretty clear those were fake.

Let's face it, both sides here are using propaganda to further their aims.
One reason we should take everything we read with a pinch of salt...

[edit on 8/12/06 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The evening news carried this story only they gave a site that contains a Montage of several that I think are relevant to the topic. I noticed some additional photos that have not been shown to all; or at least I do not think they have.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
This was yet another instance of the media being caught in passing false information to the public.

Don't expect truth in the fog of war or the age of fear.

Consider these blatant fakes could also be psyops plants in order to paint the enemy as stupid and deceitful, thus a great promotion for a nuke them all agenda and has the added benefit of a future dismissal to all enemy photos as fabrications and making NYT look bad. So who is best served by these recent fake images? Israel and the US.

Spin, fraud and facade... all sides play it.

DeWine Ad Showing Burning Trade Center Is Pulled
The DeWine ad showing the burning towers is actually fake: the images are computer generated, not actual video footage.

The generated image is also incorrect, showing the south tower burning first, when it was the north tower that was first to be attacked.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Morality for either side is a dead issue. It's always been about power.

Moral Superiority, 9/11, Islamic-Fascism: The Smokescreens of War

[edit on 12-8-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
war_monger
Your links don't work, might want to fix that little problem if you expect to use them to back you up. Also, how do you figure I'm making excuses for terrorists, because I'm trying to understand the situation and offer alternative possibilities? This is a site for discussion yaknow, not a place for you to spew unchecked...

You can point at me and shout 'Witch!' until you're blue in the face, it doesn't pass as a substitute for a proper argument.

golemina

That guy has got to be the cleanest (not to mention the prettiest ) guy to ever have a building fall on him.

I think the two most logical explanations at this point, based on everything we have, are a.) fallen rescuer b.) staged photo-op. Neither one involves a building falling on this man, so what is the point of your statement?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
war_monger
Your links don't work, might want to fix that little problem if you expect to use them to back you up. Also, how do you figure I'm making excuses for terrorists, because I'm trying to understand the situation and offer alternative possibilities? This is a site for discussion yaknow, not a place for you to spew unchecked...

WyrdeOne

I don't know why you are having a problem with the links. I just checked them and the y worked for me. If you continue to have problems, refer back to the starting post and click on the link for littlegreenfootballs.

You can point at me and shout 'Witch!' until you're blue in the face, it doesn't pass as a substitute for a proper argument.

Nobody is pointing at you and shouting "witch!".

[edit on 12-8-2006 by War_Monger]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
When I look at the photos, to judge the distance between the fallen man and the concrete/metal poles, I look at his shadow that his raissed arm is casting.The concrete, appears to be a few feet away.It seems that the man simply fell, and without video proof there is no real way to to tell. Unless you want to recreate the scene in 3d, and replicate the shadows to see how far apart the objects actually are.Also, unless someone here is a photographic expert, our assumptions(both mine, that he fell, and others, that its staged) are totaly unfounded. I belive this does need to be looked into, because staging photos, for whatever reason is just plain not right. But we are also missing alot of info, that right now should hold everyone from making assumtions as to what really happened. What order were the photos taken in? what time of day was it? Where is the location of building in question? And can we find other mentions/photos of this same attack/destruction.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
One thing I think you're missing is the evidence that QuietSoul pointed out on the second page of this thread. There is no space between the rock and the pole for him to have fallen into that position, and he's on the wrong side of the cables for him to have rolled in from the other side.

Look how the large piece of concrete (red) is pressed up against the pipe. He would have fallen on top of the pipe.

actually if you look at the picture, the guy is planning on pulling him up right through the space between the pipe and the rock
the rescuer is also looking in the wrong direction, the guy he's saving is under him, not to his right.

look at the pipe and the 90 degree angels that are there, the pipe is in the air, going over his left leg and left shoulder, NOT touching him
based on the posiiton of the rescuer, his waste is against the rock you claim is touching the pipe, yet he is hunched over and clearly planning on pulling up the man on the ground through the roughly 2.5 foot gap between the pipe and the rock
why 2.5 foot gap? basic geometry

the pipe issupported by 2 more pipes at a 90 degree angle at the left side
one leg of the pipe is roughly at 45 degrees from the rescuer's feet
assuming the rescuer is standing straight from his legs to his hips and bent over at his hips to help the guy up,
this means the distance from the pipe to the rescuer is the same distance as the ground to the height the horizontal pipe is off the ground, looks to me to be about 3 feet
the rock the rescuer is leaning against loks to be about 6 inches wide
hence 2.5 feet of gap between the rock and the pole
clearly enough space for a man with no visable injuries to slip down into and pose for a shot
he's sweaty as well, and has dust on his palms
his right foot also appears to be rather comfortable, resting on some pipe it looks like

i'll give in and accept he may have exhauseted, though he looks rather comfortable IMO
it's a rather awkward way to fall down from exhaustion though as usually when people collapse they fall forwards due to the way the torso hunches forward

:edit:
also note his foot which has dust on it as well as his hands
this guy was clearly walking around and grabbing things with his hands
im going to have to take back my previous giving in and say this guy is posing, im sure of it

his right leg touches the bottom of the right triangle that forms the support of the pipe going over his left hand
it's a right triangle and his left foot appears to be near the middle of the hypotenuse
the legs of the pipe appear to be something like 4 feet which means the horizontal pipe connected to them is somehting like 3.5 feet in the air and around 2.5 feet from the mans right foot, which is alligned almost perfectly with the rock you graciously colored red 6 inches through the rock is the rescuer
2.5 feet + .5 feet = 3 feet, the distance from the rescuer to the pipe
subtrace the 6 inch rock and theres about 2.5 feet of room to pull the guy through or to lay down in between the pipe and the rock

[edit on 13-8-2006 by wondernut]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
my math is not exact, but you can see with my rough figuring that there is plenty of room to both lie down and be "rescued" from in this space
exact numbers are not needed to tell you there is more than 2 feet of space between the pole and the rock
the man has dust on his palm and feet yet despite his sweat soaked body he has no dust on himself otherwise

this picture was staged without a doubt, people generally fall forewards due to the way the body is built, he's on his back with his foot propped up on a pipe for comfort dirring the photo shoot

;edit;
gotta give props to the NYT though, this looks pretty good and had i not been drawn into the story by ATS I never would have seen the pic to disprove it

your welcome!

[edit on 13-8-2006 by wondernut]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join