It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace, Propaganda and The Promised Land

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This Movie is blowing me away. It shows things I've never seen before. This is not a new movie and it applies to the Lebanese war as well. This is a informative movie for those of you who are not aware of how things work.

The narrators of this movie are American Educators, American and British Journalists, Rabbi's representing Israeli peace groups, Colonels in the IDF who are members of Courage To Refuse group and several other Arab American as well as Palestinian groups. Its very concise and shows in detail the Media arm of the Middle East conflict and how it is being used.

Caution: graphic content!
video.google.com...

[edit on 8-8-2006 by ThePieMaN]

Mod edit: disclaimer added...

[edit on 2006/8/8 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I have seen this documentary a while ago.

I just wish more people would watch this and free their minds of the corproate media bull, that they keep on swallowing each and every day.

Too bad not many members post here also.

I guess there are two of us for now, who have seen this...

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Beachcomber posted this one in another thread on ATSNN part of the site. Its not a long one. They got caught with their arrogant little hands in the cookie jar again.

c2ore.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Man, you know how many Videos like this we never see?

We just see how "Terrible Palestinian Terrorists Terrorize the Poor Israel".

That's all we need to see....

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Man, you know how many Videos like this we never see?

We just see how "Terrible Palestinian Terrorists Terrorize the Poor Israel".

That's all we need to see....

If that was my mother they killed. Dude I would make sure all 4 of those punkazz soldiers would be found in ditches somewhere. Especially that doofy guy with a smaile on his face and goggles for glasses. No remorse what so ever.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
If that was my mother they killed. Dude I would make sure all 4 of those punkazz soldiers would be found in ditches somewhere. Especially that doofy guy with a smaile on his face and goggles for glasses. No remorse what so ever.

Exactly what they want you to do - see, then they can call you a Terrorist.

It is widely known, that IDF raids homes, takes prisoners, demolishes houses to piss people off - they actually WANT to make new enemies.

I guess it is kind of a addiction for them.

Peace would be so boring in Israel, I tell ya...

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

I guess it is kind of a addiction for them.

Peace would be so boring in Israel, I tell ya...

It has nothing to do with that. Its all about perpetuating the myth and keeping the aid money coming in. If the myth is gone then there is no need for Military aid, and if there is no military aid then they cannot "defend" themselves any longer and capture land. I am really hoping this snowballs into something beneficial. Its been a long time coming, with all these shielding vetos and so much wasted taxpayer dollars just being shoved into a moneypit that Americans can be utilizing it would help America all around and less stress in the ME.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hey you 2, get a room will ya!

Anyways, this is a nice video with a good alternative view from the mainstream US media spin of worldly events.

I'd like to tell everyone here to at least watch the video and research the claims and statements behind it.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'd like to debate this movie with all our Pro Israeli Propaganda Bunnies

Yes, you read it right, ''using civilians as living shield''
Whom called Hezbollah cowards, again?

What theory do you have this time? I guess Amnesty International faked the reports this time, didn't they? It's so pathetic to see so many people falling into the trap of US and Israeli propaganda.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Very informative and interesting. It does make you feel badly for the Palestinians. (Of course that's what it was made for.)

Setting aside preferences for either side, it would be interesting to see both sides of the story combined. The British (along with American influence) divided up the Ottoman empire in such a way that it almost ensures fighting and war. The Israelis are told "This is your land" by their leaders. The Palestinians are told the same thing. I'll agree that the media skews the information to keep Israel on the higher moral ground, but it also downplays some of the Arab aggression to keep Israel from having complete public opinion in it's favor. In short it's a balancing act.

Who is running this show? What's the interest for both sides of the argument. Perhaps we should look at the forces backing both sides instead of both sides as the sole reason for the fighting.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I wish this was compulsory viewing for all American high school students. They should see both sides of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. Only seeing the Israeli side is bound to warp the view of Americans.

This documentary is a very powerful one and I highly recommend everybody watch it.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Where are all the people calling Hezbollah cowards and terorists? I want like to debate with them after they've watched this movie.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Where are all the people calling Hezbollah cowards and terorists? I want like to debate with them after they've watched this movie.

They won't watch it. Some of them especially the ones that live in Israel, already know how it works and quite possibly since they all have to serve in the IDF/IAF have done the things in that video and are probably under the impression its done for their survival. You saw those soldiers and how they treated those people. Sadistic cruel people.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
153 views and no comments? Anyone else see this video or the 2nd video I posted care to comment??

Pie

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Im wathcing it at the moment, my brother is playing WOW so i have to cap my speeds at 10k....wathcing very slowly.

So far it have depicted what i have said in the thread in my sig, Justice for Palestine aswell. Their is two sides to every story, and major media outlets do only give a pro-Israeli side of the stories, this can simply be seen in the words they use to describe the conflict. "Israeli soldier, Palestinian gunmen" by saying gunmen it describes someone out to shoot, while a soldier is in place to enforce peace. By this simply shaping of words, it can shift people's mental image of the situation.

Great find, i do reccomend this to anyone willing to watch it. Now im sure some right winger will come in watch the tape and pick out a few inconsistances and biased attitudes in the tape, im not saying that every drop of information in the doco is 100% right, but you cant ignore the fact that the Israeli ocupation of Gazaa and the West bank is unlawful, and inhumane. If we are to expect the arab world to play by the rules, we have to make sure the western world is upholding its moral hand on the situation first, befor we can expect them to calm the situation in the middle east.

[edit on 123131p://upWednesday by wang]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I saw this awhile ago also and am proud to announce that I managed to get quite a few of my American friends to watch it who had no idea. They are now questioning alot about their media and their gov't

I've also linked this doc in my sig

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I am, and have been, against the Israeli settlements in the occupied territories since day one. Israeli greed manifests itself through the damn things and they keep the Palestinians stirred up and mad. I don't care if Israel is surrounded by hostile countries, they have the military might to keep them at bay if need be and they can always make peace with them so the hostility goes away. The video is biased somewhat in favor of the Palestinians, but it still presents a fairly accurate picture of the goings on there.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang
By this simply shaping of words, it can shift people's mental image of the situation.

Glad you found it informative. The big thing is if this image is lost , then people will obviously wish to see Israeli supports removed , just as we would to any terrorist organization. This is why they make it imperitive that their image is upheld and money is spread out to make sure of it. There are organizations upon organizations all leading back to Israel for campaign funding as well as media manipulation as you saw in the documentary. It seems to me a little over the top for such a small country. There is something behind all this.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer70
I don't care if Israel is surrounded by hostile countries, they have the military might to keep them at bay if need be and they can always make peace with them so the hostility goes away.

You are right that Israel has the military capabilities to secure itself without occupying Palestinian territory. But I have to correct the part where you say Israel is surrounded by hostile countries. Israel has peace treaties with both its Jordanian and Egyptian neighbours, including diplomatic and normalized relations.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer70
. The video is biased somewhat in favor of the Palestinians, but it still presents a fairly accurate picture of the goings on there.

Well yes it is biased and thats the idea I guess. That Israel gets all the attention from the west. I would say its as balanced as possible. What has Israel proper, done for Palestine. The good Israelis were pretty much shown there, helping to rebuild houses and such and speaking out in their favor but when you have all the negativity what can you really say in favor of Israel when it comes to Palestinians?

Those soldiers....man..I wanted to reach into the screen and just crack'em in the face. Punkazz kids with power thats all there is too it.

Pie

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join