It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace, Propaganda and The Promised Land

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I stand corrected sir, I was generalizing when I should not have.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Im surprised with not one response from the pro-israeli lobby.....

It does seem that the pro-israeli's just pick to talk in the thread that suit their agenda, and if their are not any threads that fit it, they create a new thread which then just starts the debate over again. Most of the time the threads are just some crappy news that the Israeli Press office realeses for its pro-israeli agenda, then some members grabs it under its wing, and blows it all out of proportion.

Why will not one member from the opposite view-point watch this doco and respond with your thoughts? I honestly believe that they refuse to watch it, because of their political leanings, and that is not denying ignorance, that is encouraging ignorance.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well spotted Wang.

I too would like to hear what a staunch pro-Israel member thinks of this video as well. Any takers?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Mmmm I was going to agree with you but now I don't want to.

Was the intention of this thread to "rub it in those pro israeli faces!" or to post a fact and let the discussion go from there. To me it seems like what those who support "israelis side" are seeing this thread as a giant "Anti israli pro hammas/hezbollah side" convention to slam Israel......

Of course me claiming to be a moderate and saying that I agree both sides need to be looked at, I am not as welcomed here because I still won't say Israel is pure evil. Much like I still say Hezbollah is not pure evil. though I don't think I fit in with you all and am not accumilating points for you to yell at me for...

[edit on 8/9/2006 by Rockpuck]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Was the intention of this thread to "rub it in those pro israeli faces!" or to post a fact and let the discussion go from there. To me it seems like what those who support "israelis side" are seeing this thread as a giant "Anti israli pro hammas/hezbollah side" convention to slam Israel......

Of course me claiming to be a moderate and saying that I agree both sides need to be looked at, I am not as welcomed here because I still won't say Israel is pure evil. Much like I still say Hezbollah is not pure evil. though I don't think I fit in with you all and am not accumilating points for you to yell at me for...

This thread has nothing to do with Hezbollah, and HAMAS. It is about the occupation of the west bank and gaaza strip by the IDF for the past 30+ years, and its PR campaign in continue the occupation.
So this is not to rub it in those pro israeli faces, and be pro HAMAS/Hezbollah. It is simply a documentry that is viewed from the side of the Palestinian people, it does not endorse terroism or violence, but yet it seeks to explain the reasons behind the violence, rather than just stating the violence.

This has shown that you have just read the replies about the doco with out even watching it, Rockpuck please watch the documentry first then respond back to this thread. Thats all i ask, and i promise you that you will not be slammed and put down in any way if you have a different view point than other on this thread. We need a critical opposing viewpoint to make sure than we do find the truth about the occupation.

[edit on 093131p://upWednesday by wang]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

The whole point is, that Israel is making claims of all these organizations are terroristic in nature and using it as a basis for attacking, and weakening them. Its not the fact that they are pure evil, its the matter that they are all equal!

They both have their good points and all of course are looking out for "their own kind" but none of them deserve to be classified as better then the other. Israel surely does not need 4bil$ + a year to continue this. If we cut off the rest then all should be cut off before more of our citizens get hurt. Aside from adding more fuel to the fire, Israel is doing nothing to help in the WOT and nothing as far as bringing America any closer to the middle east through diplomacy nor are they projecting themselves as a good example of Democracy.

I'm just callin it as I see it Rock.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Yes, don't ruin it guys. Let it speak for itself.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Ok, Wang, Pie I understand, couldn't watch it at work.

I was just thinking that you guys where trying to antagonize someone into disagreeing with you.

Although now that so much time has passed, I to am wondering why no one is defending Israel, surly someone would come on and say something or maybe even admitt that they where wrong for defending Israel unconditionally and realize BOTH sides committ atrocities.

I wonder how none of this makes it's way into U.S. media, even the "liberal" stations never broadcast news that is damaging to Israel, and all media outlets are in support of Israel.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Thats spot on Rockpuck, the situation in the middle east is not about left and right, but about money. The documentry tries to explain why all U.S. media stations are pro-israeli, im not going to vouch and say its explanation is spot on, but i think it does shed some light on the influence of Israeli politics on U.S. media.

Again im not stating that Israel is this huge monster. Both sides have done wrong, and simply the mis-represenation of the occupation of gaaza and the west bank is the problem which i believe extends to the situation in lebanon in certain circumstances.

People should be able to see the real facts befor they decide what is right, thats why i belive people who suport Israel unconditionaly should watch this documentry and then revaluate their stance.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join