It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the U.S economy is set up for a COLLAPSE soon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
wake up guys the cushy complacent lives american's live (in respect to the rest of the world) are numbered. the U.S economy is going to fall hard, and soon, and wether it is set up to or not (is a mute point) do some research, this is not fear mongering, there is going to be no announcement by the media or wall street (they want you in as long as possible) look at independant financial analysists and cross reference with international analysists, your 401k money is going to be gone, the US dollar is going to be virtually worthless. DO something NOW

warren buffet and bill gates pulling half there money out of u.s investments

former chairman of the fed " there is a 75% chance of a currency crisis in the u.s WITHIN the next few years"

DOES anyone with a sound economic background understand that the deck is stacked against the american economy in a way that the collapse is imminent.

i'm not sure what will set it this off, but when u look up and see the stock market go poof, it will be too late

i understand people usually calculate to much of a "risk" in doing something drastic i.e actually taking steps to prepare for this NOW , but consider for a second pulling your head out of the sand and asking what the consequences may be if u dont (this may take some real effort)

i am not a economics major but i can see the the pieces of the puzzle are getting to a point where it will be too late by the time the majority realizes this

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hi cpdaman,
Valid point, however didn't you just post the exact same reply here?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
yes thanks for noticing, i took care of that.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Sure, keep dreaming

I can only assume you're too young and don't know how many time America's economy has been declared dead or dying. But through wars, panics, recessions, depressions, terrorist attacks, stock market bubbles, housing bubbles, oil shocks, earth quakes,corporate scandals, Wall Street scandals, devastating hurricanes, Democrats in office, Republicans in office, rising deficits, surpluses and whatever else, America's chugs along at >3% growth.

The will be some recessions in the future, but they rarely last more than a year and then America goes back to growing at 3%

It's really very simple, capitalism works.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
i dont blame u for being skeptical no doubt since WWII america has had great economic growth and success aside from a few periods of "recessions"

the differnce this time is the u.s is so heavily in debt and relying on other countries to sustain it's economy it is running around scared acting ridiculous attacking any nation that decides to stop buying oil in u.s dollars (iraq 2000) iran 2006 however iran's oil burse is giving other nations such as china and russia the chance to use euros instead of the dollar, and the people who pull the strings in the u.s gov't 'aint to happy bout this'

unfortunately the growth of china in the "east" is taking over as the world economic power wether u admit that , and u should know there are different ways to represent the debt numbers using selective ratio's or graphs using "funny math" that makes the situation a bit misleading, the reality is the u.s is staring down the barrel of a DEPRESSION not recession go bury your head back in the sand, and tell me u never thought it could happen in a little over a year.

i'm afraid this is not just a bump in the road, but i understand your perspective, and i REALLY wish u were right.

www.wnd.com...
www.kitco.com...

maybe u know more than the former chairman of the fed that was quoted " the u.s has a 75% chance of having a currency CRISIS within the next few years"

p.s the fema containment / "concentration camps are being currently acitvated and staffed with militiary personal most don't know they are strategically located across the country with barbed wire pointed inward and of close proximity to amtrak trirails, these are designed to control civilian populations in the event of a terrorist attack or Mass panic, i wonder if this is just something "Normal"

[edit on 7-8-2006 by cpdaman]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Number23
Sure, keep dreaming

I can only assume you're too young and don't know how many time America's economy has been declared dead or dying. But through wars, panics, recessions, depressions, terrorist attacks, stock market bubbles, housing bubbles, oil shocks, earth quakes,corporate scandals, Wall Street scandals, devastating hurricanes, Democrats in office, Republicans in office, rising deficits, surpluses and whatever else, America's chugs along at >3% growth.

The will be some recessions in the future, but they rarely last more than a year and then America goes back to growing at 3%

It's really very simple, capitalism works.

and when we whore up as much as we can we go to space. we'll have the internet there too...

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I will believe the US economy will collapse when I see it. Throughout my life there have been so many economic prophecies of doom for the US. I remember Japan was going to destroy us economically as well once upon a time. Sure there are problems in the US, but haven't you ever heard of problems in other countries? I assure you they have them as well. Yes, that means Russia, China, and India, and the EU countries. The ones mentioned who will destroy America...

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well seeing that most of the predictions these days come from academic economic experts and seeing that the whole western economy is actually a fraud, I wouldn't be surprised to see the U.S. economy and subsequently the European economies collapse within the next ten years.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Well seeing that most of the predictions these days come from academic economic experts

"These days" are not different from "Days past" predictions. Meaning economic experts made the same predictions back in the day. It is just because the US debt is higher than ever, and so much anti-americanism is present around the world, and the internet is being used more than ever, that it seems so much worse than it has ever before.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
wake up guys the cushy complacent lives american's live (in respect to the rest of the world) are numbered. the U.S economy is going to fall hard, and soon,

Doomsayers come and go they are in fact a dime a dozen.

American prosperity will continue to increase exponentially. America will be the leader in prosperity and democracy for many generations to come.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It's hit the mainstream media at last:

Why the economy will get worse

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
It's hit the mainstream media at last:

Why the economy will get worse

That says the American economy will collapse? I didn't read that anywhere...

On the other stories, it says that China's economy is out of control...

Like I have said, every country has problems. The US just gets all the attention.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
if u read the china's story u may have forgotten to read this part that say's

"Please be clear about one thing: I'm not predicting the end of the Chinese economic miracle. Even if I'm right about China suffering a major economic break in 2009, I don't think that will end, by any means, the country's extraordinary drive toward global economic power. Economic train wrecks of the sort I describe here are the normal growing pains of any rapidly developing economy."

bury your heads in the sand deeper

times are not the same times are sicker than ever 9/11

this time war wont even save us

how will china feel when we use our uranium tipped bullets in there neighbor iran and subject there country to the side effects of nuclear fallout ( yes slow acting nuclear weapons) uranium tipped shell and missles aka what causes gulf war syndrome go bury your head in the sand on that one too, im pissed off

btw china holds the highest amount of u.s treasury bills than anyother country and they also just recorded the highest trade surplus in history for the second consecutive month this is not your father's economy

don't u understand your opinions are naturaly biased toward your own country

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Predicting economic disaster for the readers of the US has long been a tactic of newsletters and others trying to sell a subscription within the US. I've seen so many reports of predicted economic ruin for the US, that we should have been in a depression over a decade ago and then again and again.

What happened? We had a balanced budget and a surplus about 6 years ago. The rate of economic growth is slowing today but that just means the growth rate is slowing down. The economy is still growing. Of course if you really think it is going to crash, better subscribe now so that you can read all the latest articles. As far as foreign debt goes, China is buying a lot of it but I doubt China will want to see one of their biggest trading partners stop buying their products.

Now what is probably in greater peril is the subscription rate for these newsletters or investment services if they don't predict gloom and doom for the average reader.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

don't u understand your opinions are naturaly biased toward your own country

Actually no I do not "understand that my opinions are naturally biased towards my own country". Because I was just stating a fact that people have predicted the downfall of the US for like 20-30 years.

I don't know why you bothered to quote that from the article, because I never said China was going to collapse. I said, that everyone has problems. China does as well. So does India, Russia, EU countries, UK, Brazil, Iran, Saudia Arabia, (need I go on?). I never denied that the US had problems. But since when have we NOT had problems? It doesn't mean our economy will COLLAPSE. Okay?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The economy isn't going to callaspe because today's market isn't the same as the past. People got smarter and leared from their mistakes.

The only reason why China and many other countries are growing so fast is because they are still way behind the US and many developed countries. When your on top like the US there isn't much room to grow, but there are lots of room to grow when for China becuase they still have a lot to catch up.

It's simple economics, when things get too expensive like the US, investors are going to look somewhere else like China or India. Don't let the charts fool you. Things are likely to balance out in the future.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

i dont blame u for being skeptical no doubt since WWII america has had great economic growth and success aside from a few periods of "recessions"

the differnce this time is the u.s is so heavily in debt and relying on other countries to sustain it's economy it is running around scared acting ridiculous attacking any nation that decides to stop buying oil in u.s dollars (iraq 2000) iran 2006 however iran's oil burse is giving other nations such as china and russia the chance to use euros instead of the dollar, and the people who pull the strings in the u.s gov't 'aint to happy bout this'

unfortunately the growth of china in the "east" is taking over as the world economic power wether u admit that , and u should know there are different ways to represent the debt numbers using selective ratio's or graphs using "funny math" that makes the situation a bit misleading, the reality is the u.s is staring down the barrel of a DEPRESSION not recession go bury your head back in the sand, and tell me u never thought it could happen in a little over a year.

i'm afraid this is not just a bump in the road, but i understand your perspective, and i REALLY wish u were right.

Never before has so much ignorance been concentrated in so few words. It's hard to know where to start in an effort to untangle the above mare's nest of misinformation. But I shall try.

If America were is such bad shape, why would other countries buy our debt instruments? The majority of America's debt is held by Americans and the rest is held by people and countries who want to invest in America. When they buy US Treasuries, they are investing in America and they do so because America is and has been the most stable and productive economy on earth Would it be better if people around the world didn't want to invest in America?

If I buy Microsoft stock, is Bill Gates in debt to Me? No, I'm investing in Microsoft or specifically I'm purchasing the rights to future profits. Buying T bills is purchasing the right to future growth in America's economy.

With regards to Iran's oil bourse, let them sell in it euros. That fact is that the EU doesn't have any where near the liquidity to run the world's oil markets in euros and they don't want to increase their money supply to do it. The EU has been growing its money supply at TWICE the rate of their stated goals.

Debt burden (GDP/Debt) is not “funny math”, it's the accept standard by which a country's (or individual) debt position is analyzed. To discuss a country's debt in raw, unadjusted dollars is a sure and unequivocal sign that you don't have the tiniest mote of a notion of what you're talking about. At the end of WWII, America was in debt to nearly 120% of her GDP, now its nearly half that. Was post WWII bad times for America?

If I told you I'm $100,000 in debt, could you say I am in financial tall weeds? Without knowing my income you can't. For me $100k of unsecured debt would be a cause for concern, but for Bill Gates, it's walking-around money.

America's economy is the most efficient and productive on earth and growing robustly. Unemployment is < 5% and the debt and deficit are SHRINKING. By all the commonly accepted metrics for measuring economic heath, America is doing fine and burying the EU. The Fed has had to raise rates eight times in an attempt to restrain growth and Q1 still came in at nearly 6%(!) (thank you tax cuts) and Q2 will be better than 2.5 (look for an upward revision) despite the recent oil shocks.

$80 or even a $100 a bbl oil will knock a few points of growth or perhaps even cause a mild recession, but America gets twice as much GPD/BBL of oil than she did in the 70's so it won't be the end of the world.

The next time you feel like spouting off about economics, you might to read beyond the headlines.

[edit on 8-8-2006 by Number23]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Unemployment is < 5%

Just because fewer than 5% of people in the country get unemployment assistance, does not mean than fewer than 5% of people in the country are unemployed.

People who cite the low unemployment numbers do so with an ulterior motive, or out of ignorance. If you count the long-term unemployed, those who are not eligible, and those who never applied, the figure is much, much larger.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

Unemployment is < 5%

Just because fewer than 5% of people in the country get unemployment assistance, does not mean than fewer than 5% of people in the country are unemployed.

People who cite the low unemployment numbers do so with an ulterior motive, or out of ignorance. If you count the long-term unemployed, those who are not eligible, and those who never applied, the figure is much, much larger.

Unemployment is very difficult to accurately compute for a variety of reason, (those that are interested can research the subject for themselves) but what matters more than the specific number is the trend. in that last six years the trend in unemployment is one of a steadily expanding job market. Additionally, productivity and wages have been growing.

One can always sift though the reams of economic data produce every day regarding the US economy and find something you don't like; but the large and important metrics all tell the same story. America is in great shape.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

www.wnd.com...
www.kitco.com...

maybe u know more than the former chairman of the fed that was quoted " the u.s has a 75% chance of having a currency CRISIS within the next few years"

p.s the fema containment / "concentration camps are being currently acitvated and staffed with militiary personal most don't know they are strategically located across the country with barbed wire pointed inward and of close proximity to amtrak trirails, these are designed to control civilian populations in the event of a terrorist attack or Mass panic, i wonder if this is just something "Normal"

Has Iran actually switched to Euros yet? .. And Russia is going to start trading in the rubbles not Euros

I also think our wars are keeping the economy afloat, a last ditch effort to ensure spending produces capital for the private business which gives us income taxes to pay for the intrest on our debts. ill it crahs SOON... maybe maybe not. I am amazed the DOW went down and up so fast when Israel began bombing Lebanon, I wouldn't be surprised if our government fixed the stocks to look good when they fall to hard so that investors don't sell off. But who knows, not me, I find economics to dull to take more then the education I already have for the subject.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join