It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Votes to FUND the Mexican Border Fence

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Finally i really care since i am an californian. I think it should be everyone voting yes for this law.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

HowlrunnerIV

Brilliant. Now you're taking lessons from the East Germans. Man, I love a good slice of irony.

You act like the illegal immigration problem just started today or something, and that I should be Hitler hung for thinking of a fence.

Sorry to take so long to getr back to you on this, but...

Did you understand what you read? Do you know the difference between Hitler and Honecker? Or are you merely taking offence at the fact that someone disagreed with you in a way you don't quite understand and the fact that someone dares to be more intellectual than you makes you even angrier?

If so, I apologise for the entire artsy-fartsy, lefty-liberal, free-thinking intelligentsia

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Or are you merely taking offence at the fact that someone disagreed with you in a way you don't quite understand and the fact that someone dares to be more intellectual than you makes you even angrier?

If so, I apologise for the entire artsy-fartsy, lefty-liberal, free-thinking intelligentsia

That is a very close assessment HowlrunnerIV. And precisely explains why I don't even bother discussing the issue here on ATS anymore. Logic, alternative views, and applied intellect goes in one ear and out the other. I don't even know how to discuss the issue with someone who confuses ethnicism with racism,and refuses to consider or reflect on any other viewpoint. When all of your problems look like identical nails, the only tool you grab is a hammer.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well Mr. Penny and Howl,

You can intellectuallize all you want, and exceed my comprehension all you want of the dynamics involved in ethnicism and racism, but unfortunately that don't make the border any more secure. Another 1,200 or so just crossed over today illegally. And probably more again tomorrow. I am sure since your elevated comprehension exceeds that of us lowly mortals, you won't mind at all when I direct them to your houses for jobs. As long as you don't criticize them breaking the law, you'll be fine.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Well Mr. Penny and Howl,
I am sure since your elevated comprehension exceeds that of us lowly mortals, you won't mind at all when I direct them to your houses for jobs. As long as you don't criticize them breaking the law, you'll be fine.

Go right ahead, there are two oceans between you and me adn therefor between my house and them. How much "red" blood do you have, by the way? Speak Sioux, Navajo, Cheyenne, Ute, Commanche, Apache, do you? How about Blackfoot? What makes you any different to these new immigrants?

As someone who has spent extended periods in a foreign country, I'm afraid you just can't convince me of your God-given right to be selfish and not share what you stole.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Howl,

Whether we stole it or not, and whether you are in this country or not, does not change the fact that we have a right to defend and protect what is ours now. And as history continually shows us, any country that does not or cannot defend itself is eventually conquered- either by military or subversive means.

From a humanistic and cosmic standpoint, any person anywhere has the right to be in this country, legally or illegally. We are all humans and share the planet earth. That right there, if anything, would seem to me to be the God-given right that I have no interest in arguing against. On that front, there are no borders. And from that perspective, there is no question on my part whether they have a right to be here.

But you see, there's a slight problem. It's called reality and current day governmental and sovereign policy. Tell ya what, you get all nations to dismiss border policy everywhere, for a totally free-flowing, unobstructed, undivided world, and I'll be the FIRST to drop any opposition to illegals in this country. Deal?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Howl,

Whether we stole it or not, and whether you are in this country or not, does not change the fact that we have a right to defend and protect what is ours now.

All right, let's take that argument to a slightly ridiculous level.

Why should the Nazis have to give back the art they stole from the great jewish families of Europe?

As for "every country" etc. The Us is a nation created solely by immigrants.

Immigrants are what gives the US its strength, alsways have been, always will be.

I want you to do me a favour. I want you to show me a nation that has looked only inward for its strength and been successful. Every nation that has closed its borders has failed. It has been surpassed by its neighbours. China's Great Wall should be all the historical example you need.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join