It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the Republic of California!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   

UK, Calif. to Strike Global Warming Deal

Britain to Strike Deal With Calif. to Fight Global Warming, Sidestepping Bush Administration

British Prime Minister Tony Blair and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger announced an agreement Monday to bypass the Bush administration and work together to explore ways of fighting global warming.

They agreed to collaborate on research into cleaner-burning fuels and technologies, and look into the possibility of setting up a system whereby polluters could buy and sell the right to emit greenhouse gases. The idea is to use market forces and market incentives to curb pollution.

More...

Even I think this is rather bold....

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
My opinion is they want to raise Schwarz popularity, dont you think its more political than environmental? not in a matter of tread posting but more to disguise a good cause into a way to make political capital. Blair will leave politic in 2 years? that does'nt leave much time to act.

Oh and lol did Arny got herpes on your photo, hes face somhow looks like W bush but its just an impression.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by eagle eye]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Well, even if next to nothing gets done with this,
atleast they did something against what the Bush
Administrations was wanting.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
"GET TO THE CHOOPER !!!"
"ITZ GETTING TO HOT IN HAERAE !!!"
"GET TO THE CHAUPPER NAUWWW !!!

XL5

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Nope, Arnie fell off his motorbike and hurt his lip.

I think they will just make an exhust tax so the public, who has no other means of long distance travel will have to pay a tax to use thier own cars! Its evil if it costs the public money, it should only apply to the CEOs and the rich (wealthy companys included).

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
Nope, Arnie fell off his motorbike and hurt his lip.

I thought that was a smudge on my computer screen! Honestly!

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This just means more California cars will be registered in Oregon and Nevada and more shopping will done in neighbor states.

It's hard to find a California license plate in the border counties of California and the Reno shopping malls have more Californian customers than Nevadans.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
"GET TO THE CHOOPER !!!"
"ITZ GETTING TO HOT IN HAERAE !!!"
"GET TO THE CHAUPPER NAUWWW !!!

LOL, that is awesomely funny

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Its good that Arnold is taking action above/around/under the government. Other state offs should do the same.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well it is sad really, long ago states lost their individual ability to govern themselves the way they where meant to. When the United States was formed it was not unlike the European Union actually, each state is technically it's own sovereign nation that agrees to be apart of a larger federal government to handle "enter-national" affairs of the states and the international affairs of the states.

The reason this did not stick was that we are a young forming nation and did not have an old identity to fall back on like say the British empire that goes back some 2,000 years. California, being a free state in every way except the way everyone sees it is actually free to do anything it wants to against the Federal government so long as it does not interfere with it's actual security.

The federal government will "persuade" states to change like say when my state Ohio refused to change the drinking age from 19 to 21 they had the Federal Highway funds cleared, so of course we changed it to 21. Bush and who ever comes next will find a way to deal with California, but this is in no way illegal or surprising, except that not more states do things like this.

You see it sometimes, like New Jersey and I think it was Maryland a few months ago threatening to deploy troops and battle ships in their harbors because of some dumb sea port that crossed state lines.

States are free governments joined in this republic and should be encouraged to free themselves of the over sized intrusive government we have today and go back to natural law, which the protection of that law is the Federal Governments only job. And they failed. Go Arnie in standing up to this bureaucratic BS!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well said rock !!!

Its good to see someone at least doing something.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by imbalanced]

top topics

join