It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The �Christ� Conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth
The Christian Church was unable to get the people to stop celebrating this holiday, so they simply sprinkled a little holy water on it and gave it new names, as they did with other Paleopagan holidays and customs. This was a form of calendrical imperialism, co-opting Paleopagan sacred times, as they had Paleopagan sacred places (most if not all of the great cathedrals of Europe were built on top of earlier Paleopagan shrines and sacred groves). So when Fundamentalists come to your local school board and try to get Halloween removed from the public schools because �it�s a Pagan holiday,� they are perfectly correct.

Well said, Truth. And let us not forget christmas - originally the birthdate of mithras, another "dying god." In fact the catholic, rather "universal," church is extremely efficient in assimilating religions. Such efficiency is only a function of command and control of the masses, even today.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
to this thread to see how misconstrued the true message of Jesus has become. His message was so simple yet millions still do not understand, and probably never will.

He was the son of God like you and I are the sons and daughters of God. He spoke of love. In the time continuum we all will enter it is understanding the words of Jesus that eventually sends you on your way, or to try, try again.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
to this thread to see how misconstrued the true message of Jesus has become. His message was so simple yet millions still do not understand, and probably never will.

He was the son of God like you and I are the sons and daughters of God. He spoke of love. In the time continuum we all will enter it is understanding the words of Jesus that eventually sends you on your way, or to try, try again.

I is still going on till this day. I look at this forum and see how people try to use christ to validate what they beleive. Most people are far off from his teachings. Jesus was a Jew first of all and christanity came about 50 to 90 after his death from Jews who broke away from judiasm. His message was simple show your love of God by how you live your life on earth. Nothing more nothing less.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuKeUrAz
Very intresting, DaTruth. I solved on my own the worlds greatest conspiracy, quote me when you tell your friends and family. I've already shared it with several people, but now I am going global. I'd like to hear what a larger audience thinks.
Simple....
First, I want you guys to grap a thick pencil or pen and write the word "Jesus."

Second, on another piece of paper, write the word "Je_us" this time, write the letter "S" backwards and tell me what it spells. Some of you will see it...

Thanks

J e 2 U S...... I still don't get it?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Because we cannot see God or Percieve his thoughts he then sent us "his son" (bestowed a higher learning upon him, a different perspective, if you must)
The reason Jesus is the son of "God" is because we could not percieve what God was thinking or trying to teach us, therefore he gave us someone like US to show US how we could actually be living, that we each have the same capabilities as he does. Just open your mind

hence www.gospelthomas.com...

(23) Jesus said: I shall choose you, one out of a thousand and two out of ten thousand, and they shall stand as a single one.

Just like God had chosen him, not because we have the words that came out of his mouth we can somewhat gather what he was percieving (if we indeed want to percieve things like that, most people don't)

Why is it we treat children (I mean newborns) with such caution, but when people get older we yell, hit, shoot, lie to, and yes kill eachother
but if someone were to do that to a baby, they would be treated with reproach.

(37) His disciples said, "When will you be shown forth to us and when shall we behold you?" Jesus said, "When you strip naked without being ashamed, and take your garments and put them under your feet like little children and tread upon them, then [you] will see the child of the living. And you will not be afraid."

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Very Good Post Dnero. Remember that "Christos" = the "Logos" or
"Word of God". A lot of people don't really Understand what it means to call yourself a "Christian". It means to be Christ-Like. To Emulate Christ - to follow the Path that He laid out for us. Much like the Path that the Buddha laid out. It is just NOT ENOUGH to go to a Church & Kneel before a Symbol of Jesus� Torture - Get a Blessing from a Priest/Stick a Wafer in your Mouth & then Think "Now all my Sins are Forgiven". Then go back out into the World being a Jerk!!!

Good call on the Quoting Gnostic Gospel of Thomas BTW. A lot of people don't believe me when I say that in Reality there are more than 4 Gospels. The Church put a LOT of effort into Covering Up & Sanitizing the actual Story of Jesus� Life & Message - in order to make it more acceptable. After all the more Members than you have in your Church the more Money gets accumulated in the Coffers!!! I don't appreciate this! It leads to a lot of Idiots who call themselves "Christians" but have No Idea of what this really means!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Very Good Post Dnero. Remember that "Christos" = the "Logos" or
"Word of God". A lot of people don't really Understand what it means to call yourself a "Christian". It means to be Christ-Like. To Emulate Christ - to follow the Path that He laid out for us. Much like the Path that the Buddha laid out. It is just NOT ENOUGH to go to a Church & Kneel before a Symbol of Jesus� Torture - Get a Blessing from a Priest/Stick a Wafer in your Mouth & then Think "Now all my Sins are Forgiven". Then go back out into the World being a Jerk!!!

Good call on the Quoting Gnostic Gospel of Thomas BTW. A lot of people don't believe me when I say that in Reality there are more than 4 Gospels. The Church put a LOT of effort into Covering Up & Sanitizing the actual Story of Jesus� Life & Message - in order to make it more acceptable. After all the more Members than you have in your Church the more Money gets accumulated in the Coffers!!! I don't appreciate this! It leads to a lot of Idiots who call themselves "Christians" but have No Idea of what this really means!!!

I have given up trying to use history and facts to show people the "truth". Let them believe what they want to believe. As long as they don't infrige on me. If the idea of me going to hell makes them feel better then by all mean go ahead and believe it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join