It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declassified Soviet footage-Mig vs Ufo cylinder

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Good video, I've seen it before, and I doubt the pilot would be wasting his time "chasing" a shadow, especially since the shadow moves away from his plane faster than he can.

The recent Mexican military chase is the best one yet, imo. "debunkers" haven't had an answer, and neither have believers. No one knows what they were in pursuit of on either side.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
It was much longer than 2 seconds.

You are only addressing half of my statement. What about the rest??

What kind of nonsense is that? Undetermined untill proven true or fake. It should be.

You can only use that defense in claiming something that is believable or atleast testable. Otherwise, the unexplained chills people get sometimes are from aliens in another dimension. See the (lack of) logic here?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It just goes off the screen in two seconds. According to the video, it's not at mach yet when it's already off the screen. We would need to see the whole video for that IMO.

Uhmm no. It's a video of a UFO. The video has not been determined to be fake or real as yet. The object in the video either. So you can't say it's fake until proven real.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
...So you can't say it's fake until proven real.

WHAT???

You know what, nevermind. I can already see where this is going.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
No, I don't think you do.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
At 0.30 in the video they highlight the cylinder itself showing you that indeed, the black is the shadow of the craft.

Also, the shadow can be way slower then the actual craft was moving if it was accelerating forward and UP.

If it was going straight towards the sun, the shadow would even have stayed static becoming larger and fading away.

Imho, the fact that this thing blends in with the clouds so well gives me shivers, who knows how many crafts there are out there that we just don't see with the naked eye because they are to far away and blend in so well.

Also, if you guys watched some of the NASA footage on board the shutles and stuff, you'd start to think that we're smack bang in the middle of some galactic highway.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Imho, the fact that this thing blends in with the clouds so well gives me shivers, who knows how many crafts there are out there that we just don't see with the naked eye because they are to far away and blend in so well.

Oh, with a non-reflective surface, you could have stuff as big as a football stadium flying around and you'd never even see it. Look at your average 737. That thing is big as several houses! But if it didn't have a vapor trail and didn't have a shiny surface and lights, you'd never see the thing in the sky.

So you have some little probe or scout ship, not much bigger than a car, and it's a wonder people get any decent pictures of UFOs at all.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
in the second clip when they show the 2 ufos merge if you loo carefully it loks like theres was either a tiny explosion or sparks and like a poo of smoke for like a second, when they show it in slowmo look at it closely nd carefully and iff anyone else sees that please tell me

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Fake.

First off, the camera is moving so it must be either held by co-pilot or on a manual control. Either way when the "UFO" left the screen any normal person would have tracked it with the camera. They were just filming where they were steering just as you look where you are about to go when you are turning.

Second, the "cylinder" does not look like a cylinder at all. It looks like a dark line, most likely a shadow, but I am almost positive it was added to the footage later. The most likely scenario I can see is that the original footage was projected on a wall and re-recorded while someone played shadow puppets on the wall. This would also explain the white light which travels next to the shadow, which is most likely the beam of a flashlight being reflected off the wall as the silouhette was created.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I also like the Tool Rosetta Stoned video below the others. Awesome band.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
at about 23 seconds the "shadow" seems to have thrust or some kind of whitish colored flash on the left or trailing side. im getting that this is doctored footage of real dogfights.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
in the second footage did the UFO-s merge together or is just me imagine things?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
2 black blurs did appear to merge.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Question for Purgatory, or anyone else that knows.

The pic in your avatar looks like the same poster Mulder has in the xfiles. It looks like a very good picture, and I was just wondering if that particular photo had ever been proven fake or otherwise?

Thanks

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The first video with the cylinder is a fake. The video was taken from the back seat of an F-15A or F-15D. You'd see the HUD if the video was taken from that perspective from the back seat of the F-15E (the F-15E HUD has a much wider field-of-view than the F-15A/B/C/D). The Soviets didn't fly any aircraft equipped with an ACES II seat and that's the back of an ACES II seat shown in the video. I spent 23 years as a USAF fighter pilot and the F-15 is one of the fighters I flew.
I also have several hundred hours in the MiG-29 (as an exchange pilot with the Luftwaffe), have flown the MiG-21 and sat in both the MiG-23 and Su-27. That's definitely not any of those cockpits.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by fulcrumflyer]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Are these clips from the "Secret KGB UFO Files - with Roger Moore - DVD" cause i have already posted clips and where found to be bunk ?.

Link to the DVD

[edit on 1-8-2006 by helium3]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fulcrumflyer
The first video with the cylinder is a fake. The video was taken from the back seat of an F-15A or F-15D. You'd see the HUD if the video was taken from that perspective from the back seat of the F-15E (the F-15E HUD has a much wider field-of-view than the F-15A/B/C/D). The Soviets didn't fly any aircraft equipped with an ACES II seat and that's the back of an ACES II seat shown in the video. I spent 23 years as a USAF fighter pilot and the F-15 is one of the fighters I flew.
I also have several hundred hours in the MiG-29 (as an exchange pilot with the Luftwaffe), have flown the MiG-21 and sat in both the MiG-23 and Su-27. That's definitely not any of those cockpits.

While i respect you're experience on military aircraft, i just spend the last 7 hours researching the world sites on info,debunks,facts,russian sites, italian sites, military fighter pilot experience with these aircraft.. etc.. anything to get some facts on these vids and you know what i found?.. nothing!!nowhere!! normally things like this get debunked quickly, but these videos are being discussed on most sites around, and as to my research, most think this is genuine. but thanks for trying.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
Are these clips from the "Secret KGB UFO Files - with Roger Moore - DVD" cause i have already posted clips and where found to be bunk ?.

Link to the DVD

[edit on 1-8-2006 by helium3]

how were they bunked?or debunked ? and yes they are from that dvd.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by incunabula]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yo guys, believe me, this footage is full of b.s. I've seen that MiG-21's take-off footage and I owns this video.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by incunabula

Originally posted by fulcrumflyer

While i respect you're experience on military aircraft, i just spend the last 7 hours researching the world sites on info,debunks,facts,russian sites, italian sites, military fighter pilot experience with these aircraft.. etc.. anything to get some facts on these vids and you know what i found?.. nothing!!nowhere!! normally things like this get debunked quickly, but these videos are being discussed on most sites around, and as to my research, most think this is genuine. but thanks for trying.

You challenged his 23 years as an actual pilot, with 7 HOURS of internet research, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is beyond hilarious!

Train

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join