It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupa Picture?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
The suck picture...

Chupa means suck.

CHUPA! Damn, I thought Ocelot was posting some pics of his camping trip with the Girls basketball team!!

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Gaz,

agreed but we are talking more about the original image used to doctor the first posting on this thread.

check the second posting by me for a link to the original image that has been around the web for a number of years now.

it still freaks me out when I see it.

if it is fake it is really good work is all I can say.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
What needs to be done is to authenticate the original photograph if that is possible?

You can't authenticate it because it's a hoax.

Here's the Snopes thread:
www.snopes.com...

Here's the citation:

Cheddar Showcaves, a tourist attraction which contains an attraction called "Crystal Quest." Crystal Quest is a dark cave full of Tolkeinesque carvings, intermittently lit by strobe. Cheddar Gorge officials confirmed this and noted that many people had taken pictures of strange things in the cave, after seeing a flash of light and pointing their camera at it. You can still see this statue there. This picture was debunked in Fortean Times "Strange Days #1," 1996, pp.27-28, from which the above information is taken.

They emailed (as you can see) Cheddar caves. Here's the Cheddar Caves reply (which you can see in the Snopes thread):

The good folks at cheddar caves emailed me back today. Without further adieu, here is their reply:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, the sculpture featured in the attachment does exist in Crystal Quest. Crystal Quest is a Fantasy Adventure in Cox's Cave. There is a storyline running throughout the Quest which consists of Dungeons and
Dragons. To add atmosphere to the quest we also installed mannequins, lighting, sound and special effects. Some people can find the quest rather scary, however other people are not bothered at all, it really
depends on your disposition.

I hope this has answered your question.

Many thanks

Kate Walton
Cheddar Caves & Gorge

Okay... now... everybody... all together, now: "It's fake!"

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
No offense but I see a lot of posts and discussion but I still see no evidence?

Where is a picture of this place and a fresh image of the same attraction noted?

Debunkers use this method all the time, legitimize something in origin then it must be fake in terms of conspiracy. But where is the evidence?

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
No offense but I see a lot of posts and discussion but I still see no evidence?

Where is a picture of this place and a fresh image of the same attraction noted?

Debunkers use this method all the time, legitimize something in origin then it must be fake in terms of conspiracy. But where is the evidence?

Well, if you don't trust the folks at Snopes and you don't trust that the statue is obviously fake, then you have a very simple way to prove US wrong:

Write the folks at Cheddar cave. Ask them if this is one of their statues. They will write you back and tell you that yes it is. Just like they did for the folks at Snopes.

Here's the quest web page:
www.cheddarcaves.co.uk...
And the main site:
www.cheddarcaves.co.uk...
and the email:
[email protected]

I've used research from Snopes before, and they are reliable. In fact, this is where most folks go to check authenticity of stories because the folks there will do a thorough job of investigating.

But if you mistrust the investigation, then email the caves... you might mistrust my reports, but you wouldn't mistrust communications from the cave owners themselves.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
id have to agree on that pic being fake seen it so many times

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Sorry not aware of snopes.com looks interesting. They could do a better job of putting up evidence to prove their assertions I think though.

Has anyone actually been to this theme park kind of place? Not clear I understand what it is about.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
~Agree with the rest of this pic being of a doctored origin. But then again, that would scare the bejezus outta me if i caught something like that on film.

Peace,
Jeff

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It looks more to me like a dummy that's been shoved up a tree than a photoshop effort, but either way, I'm voting FAKE on this one too!

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If I can, I'll get down to that theme park at some point and have a look.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This pic. was recently discussed at cryptozoology.com
It was immediately identified as a photoshopped version of a photo of a statue on an amusement park ride in France. The same statue has been used for chupacabra hoaxes before.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
So now it is in France is it?

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Not to be a buzzkill, and as Fury stated... That looks like a bad photoshop job to me.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The original image is photoshop?

Maybe touched up but I'm sure at least it is a dummy or prop. Still it looks like it could be real to me.

We have a problem though identifying where it came from. Some say a theme park in England and others saying France and didn't someone suggest the US?

Anyways it may be best to move on regarding this topic.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
No NEO, we will not move on! We need to get to the bottom of this! If we can find out who originally tried to pass this off as authentic we'll know never to trust that source again. We need to find out where this comes from.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It reminds me of the grinch.

I would gladly and fearlessly kick the "mother-truckin-sheet" out of it.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
fake as fake can get
nontheless very interesting

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Are there any indisuptably real photographs of a chupacabra?

[Edited on 11-2-2003 by Militiaman]

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
there are NO credible Chupacabra photos. They all are too fuzzy, too identifyable as something else, or too fake, like Neo's example here.
Chupa is almost certainly overdramatized incidents that can be blamed on feral dogs or other animals. Just because there is smoke does not mean fire. Fire illuminates, smoke obscures.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Here are other chupa pics I found:

www.beyondroswell.com...

and these are better but worse at the same time

jasonfinch.tripod.com...

there is much evidence that such a creature exists but nobody has been able to present a credible photo yet.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join