It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just saw "the mcpherson tape"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
just finished watching a reenactment of a alien attack/multipule abduction that i had taped donkey years ago and amazinly have never watched untill now. some of u may know this as the mcpherson tape.

for those that dont know the people who this happened to had a video camera and taped the event in question stage by stage this reenactment is said to be as happend
(check it out and make up your mind).

this is one strange movie. the movie based in some rual area in usa during thanks giving(christmass...whatever) three brothers see some electricty box sparking on the next propety, they go and check it out only to discover a group of aliens (i am guessing that they are ment to be greys) standing over a cow with some hand held laser device giving it the old chop chop. the bloke with the video camera then buy mistake shines the light emiting from the camera on the aliens and then gets zaped with the little lazer device (this distance was not close but it seemed to me to be pretty far away) this causes seriouss burns and they bail back to the house where tea is ready and this is where all hell breaks loose. the aliens then try to invade the home, they fry the car batterys(with the little hand laser i am guessing) make all electrical apliances crack the s***'s, one alien gets in gets shot only to vanish. people go missing outside their (the people)guns are burned(buy the laser??) and found on the porch a chick is hit by some werid laser ball which whent threw the window and killed her, theres a freaky little girl which i think the aliens had control of then at the end she lets them in and they abduct what is left of the familyand leave the video camera on the floor which apparently the police found.

that is a rough (very rough) run down what transpires. there is more and this is one bit of film u should see and some parts will make u crap ya self.

I personly think that this was not a straight up reenactment and that some stuff was added for the hell of it and just dont ad up. we all know what producers are like.

for a start the laser the aliens fired at the guy with the video camera whent a long bloody way and i dont belive that the aliens in general who have landed there craft on the earth would be so stupid to let one off at some humans spying on them as they dont know who the hell they are they could be army or what have ya. the aliens best bet would be to get back in their craft and buzz off and or take just the the three guys sounds logical??.

secondly the aliens in this film seem to be pryo's cuz they like to burn #! and not just the bloke with the camera nearly every thing that poses a threat to them lol, the guy as i said the car battery so they cant escape, the houses metter box, the guns who knows there was probaly more. this seems strange to me as we all know that aliens have the power to render apliances, cars and even us imoibleised they dont have to burn every thing like a 14 year old with a pack of redheads(matches)

what the hell happened to this family and where are they???
where is the dead women???(or maby they took her too)
where is the real video???(if real at all)
what is the address of this house?? (must still be bullets in the wall if the house still stands or somthing like that)

there seems to be somthing strange about this. maybe it didnt happen as said maybe tey just got sprung by the e.t's then got abducted at the house, might be a straight up case that got way to jazed up.

regardless this was freaky and lets all hope that this event did not happen at all.

does any one else have anything on this??

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Quick question.
Did you say this was actually filmed, and the film that you watched was just a re-enactment?

Sounds like a Sci-Fi movie to me, but I need to research it some more and see what other inputs are put in this thread.

Sounds like a cool vid to watch though

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
yea just a re-enactment i belive.

not the real deal but i would love it if real one poped up some where.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This sounds like an event that happened in either WV or OH near Point Pleasant in the late 60's I think it was. It is documented in The Mothman Prophecies by John Keel. Its an excellent book, but the movie (Mothman Prophecies) doesn't have much to do with it. In reality, nobody was killed and there was no tape (it was the 60's). I'll have to re-read it. It could also be an amalgamation of several different accounts in the book.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
When I saw this video, at the very end, you can see the actors names, and in a secuence, things like: Alien #1, Alien #2... lol

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMEE
does any one else have anything on this??

Hi Jimee,

I'm curious as to why do you say this was a "reconstruction". I've seen several people post emails on ATS and elsewhere which imply that they think that the video is genuine, or at least a reconstruction of real events. I'm not sure why people make such comments, other than the fact that the movie begins with a statement that "The McPherson tape" was filmed by a 16 year old boy that wanted to record his family's thanksgiving dinner.

In fact, it was a movie directed by Dean Alioto.

Credits and other details are included in the Internet Movie Database (imdb) entry online at:
www.imdb.com...

The Internet Movie Database entry includes details (with photos) of the actors in this movie, with details of the other parts that they have played in other productions. For example, the father has appeared in the X-Men films, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG-1, Smallville and other productions.

By the way, the wig worn by the "mother" during the film has got to be one of the worst wigs I've seen in my life...

Since “Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County” (commonly referred to as "The McPherson tape”) was first broadcast on UPN in 1998, it has been shown on TV quite a few times. It has been shown in the UK on the Sky Movies channels on a regular basis (probably every month or two) for at least the last couple of years.

There's an extract from the film at the link below:
www.youtube.com...

Good for a laugh.

All the best,

Isaac Koi

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
hi Isaac Koi.

i say that it is a reconstruction as a sherif on the film (before or after a ad break) said that it was a reenactment. he also said that he saw the real tape and in one of these other ad breaks there was a special effects person whom said that he also saw the oringal and said that if it was fictional(the oringal) that he would have known about the production as he is in the industery and very good at what he does.

another reason i say that it is a reconstruction is as i stated before in first post. its just to jazed up and things just dont fit the norm.

JackHil,
u would expect to see actors names on the end of the film if it is a reenactment cauz they did the work and want credit for it no matter how crap the film as i said its just a reenactment of an oringal

god dam it i want the oringal!!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMEE
i say that it is a reconstruction as a sherif on the film (before or after a ad break) said that it was a reenactment.

Hi Jimee,

Um, that statement by the "sheriff" was part of the _movie_.

The "sheriff" that you mention was in fact an actor. He was not a genuine sheriff commenting on real events.

See the credits at the link I gave. "Sheriff Tilson" was played by Jim Smith, who appeared in "Seven Days" and in the pilot episode of "Dead Like Me".

Having characters within a film or book state that the relevant events are real is a common literary device. Such statements should not be taken at face value.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
this was originally aired on fox, and was said to be real. I don't believe it was, but they said it was at first. I have a recording of it as well, comercials and all. If you'd like a copy I could send them out for 8.00 each, covering the tape, shipping and label. Not trying to make money, I would send them out for free, but a broke man can't do that. If you want one send me a u2u

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Lot's of discussion on this one, at least there was.

Here's a link to the original UFO Abduction movie that the UPN show was a remake of. It too was created by Dean Alioto.

www.youtube.com...

Hope you enjoy. Get it while it's up.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Really? the 3rd thread on this, trolls are out early today

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSZOMBIE
Really? the 3rd thread on this, trolls are out early today

Why would we need to know how early you arrived?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I remember being up really late watching the airing of this. It wasn't this version though. I was never able to find the version I watched.. I was young, so I don't remember much of it, but I do remember it was a birthday party, not Thanksgiving (or whatever holiday is in this version).

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
I remember being up really late watching the airing of this. It wasn't this version though. I was never able to find the version I watched.. I was young, so I don't remember much of it, but I do remember it was a birthday party, not Thanksgiving (or whatever holiday is in this version).

The one I'm linking to is the original with the birthday party.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I didn't watch the tape as my modem is having some issues with 56k thru put but can you sum it up for me in a few lines

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I saw this one too on YT, although a re-enactment I thought it was pretty entertaining for an independent film at best

I knew from the start it couldn't be the actual tape but I did thoroughly enjoy it. With the low budget small indie movies I tend to be drawn in rather quickly

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkTemplar101
I saw this one too on YT, although a re-enactment I thought it was pretty entertaining for an independent film at best

I knew from the start it couldn't be the actual tape but I did thoroughly enjoy it. With the low budget small indie movies I tend to be drawn in rather quickly

I'm confused as to what you mean that it was "a re-enactment" and "that you knew from the start it couldn't be the actual tape".

This IS the movie from 1989 made by Dean Alioto. This is the one that had everybody going back in the early '90's. They even discussed it at the MUFON Symposium as if it were real, but it's just a movie. Alien Abduction: Incident at Lake County is a remake of this film that aired in 1998.

The reason I posted the link to the video was to let the other people like me be able to see it again and for those who had only heard about finally see it. I'm really astounded that people are still thinking that this was ever supposed to be some sort of actual "found tape" of a "real" incident. The only thing real about it is that it's a real movie, as in, motion picture. Just like the Matrx, or the Avengers, or The Terminatior.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Postal44

My apologies perhaps I worded that wrong. What the OP is referring to is the re-make of the 1989? tape you are referring to. I have seen this re-make (I like to consider it an independent film) on youtube (Thanksgiving dinner, one of them gets zapped after witnessing the cow mutilation, the oldest brother tapes the flashlight to his shotgun) not to be confused with the birthday party. The "original" I have not yet seen, although I'd like to. I walked into this 1998 version blind not knowing what to expect, although several minutes in my instinct did tell me this was filmed with actors/actresses. Hope this clears up any confusion.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
You're all quite confused. The director of this film posted on this forum long ago (or maybe he was quoted, I don't remember) explaining the story. As I remember, he said he did the original film basically with friends and no budget, but a year later he was offered one by some producers so he shot it again. Since the first version was not as distributed as the 'professional' one and therefor as easy to get, the urban legend was born claiming the latest one was a reenactment of the amateur tapes that were supposedly real.

Since I read it here some years ago I have always wondered why I saved that particular piece of information in my brain, glad it can come in good use.

top topics

join