It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I agree with Valhall about the benefits of adding boolean searching throughout ATS. Some ATS documents, however, may not be searchable that way. Consider, for example, audio and video podcasts, flash videos and other video footage, even documents such as avatar files. If an ATS method can be implemented where searches can be done successfully across all document and file types, interest in adopting these tools elsewhere on the internet would develop.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I would like to ve able to keep track of replys to my ATSNN submissons via the My ATS page. Currently I have to reply to my own submisson before I can keep track of the thread via the My ATS page.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
How about changing the color of the BTS thread titles on the Home Page from dull-pale-blue to deep yellow so they don't get washed out by the bright red of the ATS titles. With red headings next to light blue ones, it's like placing a flare next to a candle. It would create color equilibrium and make the home page more visually appealing.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Directed here by King Lizard...

in support of a horror forum. I'm a fan of people like Garton and Laymon, and I would hesitate to post under literature.

TD

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Ok, well as I started a thread about it, but was rightly closed,
because I sorta forgot this thread existed.

I think we should have a sub-forum for robotics within the main
Science & Technology forum.

With the advent of tecdhnology we're seeing more and more use
of robotics, and more developments in the field.

Because of this there have been a good number of threads in
the last few months about it.

Ok, so I have created alot of them myself, but still they exist
and are valid, and are all about different robotic develpments.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
On another forum that I read they have a map which shows the location of all members and another that shows the location of those online -- I find that interesting and wonder if other people would.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
On another forum that I read they have a map which shows the location of all members

It has been attempted here.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
No, the other one is very different. You don't have a choice, it shows up through your ISP location. NO need to fill out a form.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The first think I can think of to improve this forum is to ban the flashing red, blue bannor. They are really irratating and hurt my eyes.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Would never work here, apart from the fact that it's an invasion
of privacy, our membership are far to paranoid and conspirital
to accept a mandatory map like that.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have noticed that the posters points is not displayed on ATSNN.
I think it would be an imporvment is the posters points was displayed on the posts in the ATSNN.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If Osama - or whoever - is successful in obtaining and using nuclear weaponry, an ATS section on post-nuke survival strategies would help lots of folks.

BTW, can anyone tell me where to shop for a basic geiger counter? Thanks.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Would never work here, apart from the fact that it's an invasion
of privacy, our membership are far to paranoid and conspirital
to accept a mandatory map like that.

Damn straight. I would not sign up to a forum that automatically displayed my exact location. However, I like the idea of being able to add yourself to a map, if you so wish.

Freedom of choice for all!

I also think we should learn to get along with each other like adults. I propose the removal of the "ignore" feature.

[edit on 16/10/06 by Implosion]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Since the original thread asking for it has been closed, here's a re-worded request in the proper thread:

What I propose is a "Survivalists" type forum. It would cover everything from Wilderness survival to turning one's home into a defendable area. The idea is to educate our members in how to survive Situation X.

What is Situation X?

Basically, Situation X is any scenario where the government and/or local infrastructure is either unable or unwilling to render aid in a severe crisis situation. Anything from Hurricanes to Enemy Occupation to Revolution to Zombie Infestation and everything in between and beyond.

Almost all possible Situation X scenarios have one thing in common: survival largely depends on the level of preparedness on the part of the individual or group. This forum idea has seen a huge amount of support on this thread, with many people offering a wealth of information and even podcasts.

Considering the vast number of conspiracies out there, with an end-result being some major crisis, and even the normal every day circumstances in which lives can be lost due to lack of preparedness, I feel that this thread is neccessary and indeed even vital to ATS. There are no hidden agendas except to keep our fellow ATSers alive when no one else will.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I ususally post tp BTS in the Jokes, Puns & Pranks forum.
I would love to see a Horror/Creepy Story Forum!

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
ROBOTS!

no, seriously...ermmm....i would like to see a police state section added to the NWO or PTS, it would be very interesting.

or a "soapbox" section, let members tell the world what they think

[edit on 17-10-2006 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here Here
I second the Survivalist forums.
Things are spiraling out of control in our world. And nobody wants to die. With the brain power and research ability of ATS members It will do a tremendous amount of good for a tremendous amount of people. Don't forget to vote for the automotive forum as well. if ya gotta bug out speed can save your life and speed takes knowledge.
The URL for automative forum is www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
So many awesome ideas out there, from a huge cross section of society - it spans culture, sex, age, religion...eveyone wants to survive in the event of catastrophe. Most simply don't know HOW...

It's a fantastic idea and personally would love to see it come to fruition. Preparedness is everyone's concern, not just that of the government or local emergency response agencies.

New Orleans was a Prime example of how being prepared could have been of major help.

Not just having the supplies to survive...but the confidence and coping skills to survive.

Such a great and valuable tool.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I see a lot of requests for new forums these days, and most of them for pretty interesting topics. But I don't see threads being created to prove the need for these forums. The prevailing assumption seems to be one of which Kevin Costner would be proud: "If you build it, they will come." But that's not the way it works. In a previous thread, I outlined the general criteria for creating new forums.

New forums are created out of necessity when both:

a) an overwhelming number of threads on a specific topic are being posted,

and

b) that topic does not fit neatly into the topical range of an existing forum.

A recent example is the Middle East Conflict forum, which was created in response to the huge flood of threads on the topic after recent events in the Middle East, and because the topic does not quite come under the War on Terrorism and its related forum on ATS.

If you're interested in a particular subject and want to see more threads about it on ATS, then get out there and start making them by crikey!
And once there are enough threads on the subject, the need for a specific forum will be obvious and undeniable. It's not like you can't post on a certain topic until an exact, letter-specific forum is created for it. And by the same token, creating a new forum will not automatically generate interest in it and magically generate threads on the subject. As an example, there's lots of rah-rah-hoorah for an automotive forum, but look around BTS and count the number of automotive threads => 0 What does this tell you is going to happen to that forum once it is created? It will be deader than a cat in a sack at the bottom of the pool.

So the point is, if you really need a new basketball court built, then why isn't anyone playing basketball in the street? Why doesn't anyone have a basketball? ...Or shoes even?

[edit on 2006-10-17 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
New forums are created out of necessity when both:

a) an overwhelming number of threads on a specific topic are being posted,

and

b) that topic does not fit neatly into the topical range of an existing forum.

Fair enough.

All right everyone, you heard the mod...

Let's get those "Survivalist" threads created then. For ease of "proving the demand", please preface your thread titles with "Survivalist:" followed by the title. That way we can run a quick-search later on.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join