It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
Let's get those "Survivalist" threads created then. For ease of "proving the demand", please preface your thread titles with "Survivalist:" followed by the title. That way we can run a quick-search later on.

You could make sure you tag them with "survivalist" too. Later, click on that tag and they will all come up in a handy list.

[edit on 2006-10-17 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
You could make sure you tag them with "survivalist" too. Later, click on that tag and they will all come up in a handy list.

Good idea, we'll do both! How many is considered "an overwhelming number"?

(goes to update signature yet again).

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
Good idea, we'll do both! How many is considered "an overwhelming number"?

Seriously though, that's not my decision to make. You'd have to ask the big wigs.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I would like to see local meeting groups of ATSers. I'm aware that large groups that attract the attention of the government would not be good, but small groups that get together and discuss topics of interest pertaining to the local area would be good.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Railroad Forum Possibility
As most of you gentlemen and ladies know I am what is called a railfan. A railfan is defined as a person who is strongly interested in railroading as a hobby.
Railfan as Defined by Wikipedia

quote: A railfan or rail buff (American English), railway enthusiast (Australian/British English), or (often with a more specialized meaning, described below) trainspotter (British English), is a person who is strongly interested, in an amateur capacity, in railroads. Railfans can be found worldwide.

As for how I got started on the railfan thing goes very very much like this.

I got the love for trains from my dad, who has also loved trains since he was a kid. So he passed it on down to me when I turned about four or five years old. Surprisingly, he worked with a guy on the fire department here in two that also worked for the Chessie System Railroad, the prelude to C.S.X.. I do regret this one thing from my childhood though. I turned down a chance to climb inside the cab of a GP35, I believe, at the time. It being me at four or five years old, I chickened out. Well would you blame me??? lol I mean a kid that age would be too scared because of the noise, and I was one of those kids.

If you have any questions about the railroads feel free to ask me. You would be surprised at some of the answers that I can give you. Have a question about how an axle arrangement is designated??? A question about the prime mover of an EMD GP40? This forum will be the perfect opportunity for me to give you any information on the railroads that you need. Have a question, I'll give you an answer!!!

Plus, this forum could be the perfect place to talk about the technology that has evolved on the railroads in the past one hundred eighty years. Everything from the earliest of steam engines, to the Last Days of Steam to the diesel era. It is a melting pot of technology these days. From the SD9s still in use by BNSF to the high powered, low emmission General Electric's Evolution Series and to the Electro - Motive SD70 series.

By the way, here are my two favorite engines of all time.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Here goes nothing,I am requesting for 2 Money Forums on BTS and ATS:

:A money forum on BTS and inside the forum we can put threads for each kind of currency in this world(dollar,euro,yen,pesos,gold,silver,etc....)

A money conspiracy forum on ATS,with threads similar to the above statement^^^

I bet it will be popular,since we humans have dealt with money for a VERY long time.There will always be some kind of issues with money,conspiracy or not.

But if this doesn't work,then I'll post some links about money so others can see it(including myself).

PS.I'm doing this because my ignorance of money is too HUGE.(what a shame)

[edit on 18-10-2006 by tormentor]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Pardon me on my mistake, I wasn't thinking clearly. The first picture is of New York, Chicago, & St. Louis (Nickel Plate Road) 2-8-4 Berkshire Class #765. The second and last photo is of Chesapeake & Ohio Railway J3a Greenbrier Class #614.I can proudly say this though, I was fortunate enough to see both of those locomotives in service doing what they did best. Plus, I am only twenty two years old!!!

[edit on 10/18/2006 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I havent read all the previous requests because it is way past my bedtime, but

A decent pcket pc version would be sweet!

Also I find I have to sign into BTS seperately from ATS, weird?

Also a declassified version of RATS would be nice, like the freedom of information act stylee thing, I know I am blabbering on about it again! One day I might get enough points

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Gimmefootball400 I support the creation of a Railway forum providing that the great hobby of Model Railways can be discussed .
Cheers xpert11.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think that a survival forum could become quite popular.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Also an internet security forum would be another great idea.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by JamesMcMahn]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I seriously wish the EDIT button would last longer than 2 hours for us members(scholars,writers,and fighters included).

But if that doesn't work then at least give the scholars,writers,and fighters more time to use the EDIT button,incase they need time to type something good.

Also I think we might need more subforums in these ATS forums,if not then these forums might look disorganized.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by tormentor]

[edit on 24-10-2006 by tormentor]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Maybe an image search facility that only brings up images a bit like google image search, not sure if that would be possible though??

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
the ability to up load " google earth place mark " files , extension code .kmz etc to the membsrs upload cache .

i mentioned this proposal previously - and got little resonse .

but now you are requesting ideas ,

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I want to see moderators be more lenient with first time offences such as one line responses and over quoting. Two things I managed to do in one go and lost 40 of my precious ats points.

maybe we can be let off with a warning the first time and a 100 point penalty the next???

p.s. I want my 40 points back!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'd like to see a "Bullsh*t" vote. Run it the same as the "way above" voting system.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I'd like to see a "Bullsh*t" vote. Run it the same as the "way above" voting system.

A system that focused on a negative aspect of ATS would create an unwanted drama. This has been raised a few times but each time it is pointed out that telling a member there post was BS would create an environment none of us want to be in.

Focusing on positives is the way to look at it.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

ROFLMAO : that would get way over used

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tormentor
I seriously wish the EDIT button would last longer than 2 hours for us members(scholars,writers,and fighters included).

Well if the window were to be extended, it should be for all members.

However, if you post something which warrants 20 responses from other members. You having the ability to go and change the post hours or days later would serve no purpose. I spend more time on some posts than others and quite often require an edit or two after posting. After that the post is ATS's and there to stay.

Extending the window too much would create a he said she said bickering match. Members would deny saying what they said if they had the ability to edit any post.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by chissler]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
A system that focused on a negative aspect of ATS would create an unwanted drama. This has been raised a few times but each time it is pointed out that telling a member there post was BS would create an environment none of us want to be in.

Focusing on positives is the way to look at it.

I made a mistake. I was thinking of the ATSNN "No" vote system and put down the wrong one. If a vote was cast the person creating the post would get a U2U telling them that they got a vote. It wouldn't say who the vote was from, just the post that generated the vote. Each member would get only one or two votes per month. I don't mean this to be used as an attack on anyone. If this was implimented I would fully expect to get my share of votes.

In my opinion just focusing on the positives sometimes does more harm than good. This would be a way of letting someone know your opinion without puttin your opinion out there for all to see. We all need some constructive criticism every now and then.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join