It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish side of the Isreal/Arab conflict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I did not really know where to post this. I am posting it because I think it can bring some good debate (constructive and respectful, fellas).
Mods, if this is the wrong place for this, please feel free to move it.
I found this article, written by a dude named Joseph Farah.

It helps explain a brief history of the conflict, but does it from the Jewish point of view.

If anyone would like to contribute some points from the Muslim side, I think this could spark a very good discussion, but lets please refrain from attacks on each other.

www.wnd.com...

The Jews took no one's land

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: April 23, 2002
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2002 WorldNetDaily.com

As the most visible Arab-American critic of Yasser Arafat and the phony "Palestinian" agenda, I get a lot of hate mail.

I've even received more than my share of death threats.

Most of those who attack me – at least those who bother to get beyond the four-letter words and insults – say I just don't understand or have sympathy for these poor Arabs who were displaced, chased out of their homes and turned into refugees by the Israelis.

Let me state this plainly and clearly: The Jews in Israel took no one's land.

When Mark Twain visited the Holy Land in the 19th century, he was greatly disappointed. He didn't see any people. He referred to it as a vast wasteland. The land we now know as Israel was practically deserted.

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Like I said, this is one sided, so if anyone would like to respectfully contribute, that would be awesome.

Mod Edit: Removed Copy & Paste.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

If anyone would like to contribute some points from the Muslim side, I think this could spark a very good discussion, but lets please refrain from attacks on each other.

Just to clarify if you are talking about Palestinians they do not consist wholly of Muslims, there are a small minority of Christians as well as others mixed in there too.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Just to clarify if you are talking about Palestinians they do not consist wholly of Muslims, there are a small minority of Christians as well as others mixed in there too.

Cool, thanks. That was the main reason of posting this.
I dont even really have an understanding of what the two sides consist of. Hoping some debate would shed a little light on the subject. Thanks PieMaN

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm afraid I agree with a lot of this.

The UN and the Israelis offered a two state system. The Muslim led, arab population, declined.

Jews were already there, and were the majority population in the area even long before the mandate.

Thats not to say the current government of Israeli hasn't contributed to the atrocities commited on both sides of the argument throughout modern history.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Is the article really trying to suggest that no-one....not one soul lived in Palestine before the white immigration?????????????

Seems similar to the denial of the existance of an American Indian to me......and we all know how that turned out (one mans settler is anothers ethnic cleanser) .

Be aware that the term "palestinian" does not just denote muslim but also Arab Jews and christian palestinians who lived in the country of Palestine that existed under Brisitsh rule before 1945

The Israelis often produce the "wasteland" propoganda and then in the same breath go one to confirm the existance of ethinc arab jewish palestinians!!

Do not be fooled this is a war on muslim arabs plain and simple !!!

Population of the British Mandate of Palestine
In 1922 the British undertook the first census of the mandate. The population was 752,048, comprising 589,177 Muslims, 83,790 Jews, 71,464 Christians and 7,617 persons belonging to other groups. The 1922 figures may refer to both banks of the Jordan river, at least for the non-Jews. After a second census in 1931, the population had grown to 1,036,339 in total, comprising 761,922 Muslims, 175,138 Jews, 89,134 Christians and 10,145 people belonging to other groups. There were no further censuses but statistics were maintained by counting births, deaths and migration. Some components such as illegal immigration could only be estimated approximately. The White Paper of 1939, which placed immigration restrictions on Jews, stated that the Jewish population "has risen to some 450,000" and was "approaching a third of the entire population of the country". In 1945 a demographic study showed that the population had grown to 1,764,520, comprising 1,061,270 Muslims, 553,600 Jews, 135,550 Christians and 14,100 people of other groups.

Year Total Muslim Jewish Christian Other
1922 752,048 589,177(78%) 83,790(11%) 71,464(10%) 7,617(1%)
1931 1,036,339 761,922(74%) 175,138(17%) 89,134(9%) 10,145(1%)
1945 1,764,520 1,061,270(60%) 553,600(31%) 135,550(8%) 14,100(1%)

en.wikipedia.org...

Hardly a wasteland !!

Also e state of Israel was created through acts of terrorism by the jewish population against Great Britain and the Palestinians so is a case of the pot calling the kettle black with regards to the current palestinian terrorism against Israel

Following the war, 250,000 Jewish refugees were stranded in displaced persons (DP) camps in Europe. Despite the pressure of world opinion, in particular the repeated requests of US President Harry S. Truman and the recommendations of the Anglo-American Committee of Inquiry, the British refused to lift the ban on immigration and admit 100,000 displaced persons to Palestine. The Jewish underground forces then united and carried out several attacks against the British. In 1946, the Irgun blew up the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, the headquarters of the British administration, killing 92 people.

Seeing that the situation was quickly spiraling out of hand, the British announced their desire to terminate their mandate and to withdraw by May 1948.

en.wikipedia.org...

food for thought

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
WOW, good information DJ. Very nice.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Tis unnerving for me every time I read that "Palestine was a wasteland". The words themselves just mean it's alright to kill people for their land if they aren't doing what you think they should be doing with it. It just seems to me the opening article is trying to put a spin on the history of this thing, which is the reality isn't it? If there was one thing I could share on the history it would be the tangled he said, she said and endless finger pointing. That's all that really matters when it comes to the history for me.

It's pointless to debate this issue one way or the other. Very few can do it without bias. I wish both sides could agree it's beyond fault to the point that it's no longer anyone's fault. It's been going on so long and the history, as I've said is corrupt and twisted. There are resolutions condemning Israel and resolutions condemning Palestinian organizations. Let's just solve the dang thing and forget the past. If we keep up this finger pointing over history that can never be untangled there will still be bombs falling on babies heads long after we are all dust. (which seems to be inevitable).

I believe if they start actually enforcing some of the UN resolutions on the books we'd have an even bigger mess. This thing needs to start from scratch. Israel needs its borders solidified--out of Lebanon and out of Golan Heights. Each party to their own strip of dirt. It doesn't take courage or character just a lil common sense.

top topics

join