It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You Serve In WWIII?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
With all the fighting erupting in the Middle East, there is a possibility that America and her allies will have to get involved, or want to get involved.

Bush wants to attack Iran, and if Iran goes to war with Israel it is our greenlight. Our troops are spread thin around the world, we cannot get up and leave Iraq just yet and our troops have done to many tours already. A fresh supply of men will be needed in the ongoing battles of WWIII and the recruiters will break out new propaganda posters like the uncle sam wants you type posters. I am ust wondering how many of you guys (or girls) would be willing to go serve in the army, whether it is American or British or any other country that fights with us. I am not saying anything about a draft either, I am talking about willingly joining to go fight.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well they will be fighting it without me thats for sure, I wouldnt even sign up to go there and fight even if they introduced National service here in the UK, I would tell them where to go, Unless someone was to attack my own country like Hezbulla and Israel are doing to each other then, well maybe a diff story then.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If it came knocking on my doorstep, I wouldn't cower like a dog in a thunderstorm. But not in hell would I sign up, to go fight in wars that are a direct result of American and British foreign policy failures.

-ADHD

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
If it came knocking on my doorstep, I wouldn't cower like a dog in a thunderstorm. But not in hell would I sign up, to go fight in wars that are a direct result of American and British foreign policy failures.

-ADHD

Failures?

I don't think they see it as failures but more like "going as planned years ago"

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
COUNT ME IN SIR! *Salutes*

I'll give them hell.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
i think you will find that most of those here calling for blood or so & so's destruction would not volunteer to go to war if they are asked to do so soon.

there are plenty who will defend their won country but dont believe in fighting someone elses war overseas. im in that catagory

thematrix - you are probably right seeing as we have been offered war for the next hundred years+ - its been a long time in the planning

& shatteredskies, i think my new signature would be better than your quote but im having trouble changing it in the settings - heeeelp - mods
(update - IS better)

wow - that was quick - thanks whoever sorted that out

[edit on 18-7-2006 by justyc]

[edit on 18-7-2006 by justyc]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I shall be in the Russian army very soon. Whoever Russia fights, I fight!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

i think you will find that most of those here calling for blood or so & so's destruction would not volunteer to go to war if they are asked to do so soon.

there are plenty who will defend their won country but dont believe in fighting someone elses war overseas. im in that catagory

I agree with you 100%, I mean come on I would not sign up to go to another country and fight for them unless it was my own country thatw as being attacked.

in btw (howdo I vote for someone for the ATS award you hit it nail on btw justyc or applaudes someone? LOL is new to all of this but You hit it exactly on the head

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I thinks it's safe to say that I'll be on the first plane to Canada should the draft come about again....lol...j/k

I would most likely serve if it came to WWIII. I am almost positive the military would increase there numbers that are in service too by a huge amount. All the government need to do is start calling this what it is...

The Start Of WWIII.

We can't allow these islamic terror groups to kill us whenever they want, where ever they want. Then what do we do...I'll tell you... we just sit around talking about what we could do and what would happen if we do this or that. Instead of taking action. I think...I know, I have had enough of this Bull**** game of let them kill us and we talk about how mad we are. It has to end. Why pull back when we have a perfect excuse to finish the war they started. They have one goal in life. Killing the "Zionists" in Israel and putting and end to western way of life. Well I say lets give them a fight they wont soon forget.

Let them see "We're Mad As Hell, And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore."

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 18-7-2006 by digitalassassin]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ohhhh, Plueeeeze, see this is what i mean. Its one thing to support all wars from the comfort of your living room.
Its another to be haulled off by some dispensation which says " If you love your country, you must fight"

Right.

I love it. I have a post against the handling of all this latest, and everyone is against me because they think a war is necessary.

Put your money where your mouth is?

Present company accepted. I'm talking about another mob at another thread, but its basically the same.

The government doesnt have to rationalize it at all. Their kids will be staying at home, or in their bunkers. think about it.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What I don't get is, why call it WWIII?
In the wost case scenario it'll include Israel & some US forces (probably just air&missile support) vs. Syria & Iran. That's not a world war. Most europian countries won't even think of involvment, nor will Russia or China. Other arab/muslim countries are also unlikely to want this mess. If it'll happen at all, it'll be just another local war.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone

I agree with you 100%, I mean come on I would not sign up to go to another country and fight for them unless it was my own country thatw as being attacked.

in btw (howdo I vote for someone for the ATS award you hit it nail on btw justyc or applaudes someone? LOL is new to all of this but You hit it exactly on the head

well, if another country asks for your help, for example, kuwait when it was invaded by iraq, i think there is a case for armies of friendly countries to assist, but this war in iraq and whats going on in the middle east at present - uh uh - no way. this iraq war was a setup based on a lie and israel, palestine & the lebanon just seem to to be playing ping pong with bombs for balls. & to think they had peace for quite a few years when they actually worked towards it. now they have leaders who work towards war.

you can vote people for the 'way above ' award on the left under the person name - you get 3 votes per month. mods can applaud members

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

What I don't get is, why call it WWIII?

In the wost case scenario it'll include Israel & some US forces (probably just air&missile support) vs. Syria & Iran. That's not a world war. Most europian countries won't even think of involvment, nor will Russia or China. Other arab/muslim countries are also unlikely to want this mess. If it'll happen at all, it'll be just another local war.

Actually Ii wish alot of them on the other threads would stop calling it WWIII, (did we nothave that alredy)? Shrugs, All this omg it is world war 3 mumbo jumbo is sending alot of folks blood pressures up, alot are scared yeah, of what is happenning in that region, even at home and abroad alot are scared, but to say yeah comeone lets go and fight for them, sorry not my problem it is theirs sort it out, only folks I am concerned about is the children, and the foreign nationals that are they....

But as I have said before, If it was My country, Yes I woulde fight even although I know I would be killed.

Wonder if the World would react the same way if it was say, France attacking the Uk or the other wayaround, or even say Greece attacking Spain You know..

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
yes, I will serve the armies of my god, with faith and unquestionable commitment, against the hordes of infidel

I will help reclaim Jerusalem.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

yes, I will serve the armies of my god, with faith and unquestionable commitment, against the hordes of infidel

Heres a question for ya, What would ya do Iif it was the Uk being attacked would ya do the axact same thing..

And another thing wth is infidels??????????????????? is that someone who does not like the Islam Religion? Someone please enlighten me.

link   
I volunteered once, did my five years and got out.

If needed (and if I could get rid of my health problems) I would do it again.

I don't have blind faith in my government, but I would volunteer again.

JDub

link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The government doesnt have to rationalize it at all. Their kids will be staying at home, or in their bunkers. think about it.

i think rather than fighting wars where (hundreds of) thousands of innocent people are killed, maimed, emotionally scarred and so much destruction is done, wouldnt it be better for the war-mongering, power-hungry or just self-rightous leaders to be put in a ring to fight to death over who's ideal is better?

i seriously think if there MUST be any deaths over the fact we cant all grow up as a race and live & work together for the benefit of ALL then let those who want the wars do it on wordwide tv. they can have 15 mins of fame beforehand preaching why they are the best at whatever politic or religion or idealogy and then just get to it
saturday night tv was never THAT entertaining anyway!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't know how many times I have to write this. But there will be no drafts for Bush's WOT

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I know we all sometimes get off on criticizing the Military for either if its Killing innocent folks or raping someone, But tehy really do some good work I.e> risking their ownlifes to rescue other while they know they could be attacked by smoneone.. (either Israel or Hizbulla or anyone els in that region),

But putting my own self In their shoes I could not do it, Id feel like Buffyt he Vampire Slayer for 5 mins,
, not even 5 mins be killed even in 2 mins, makes me proud of our forces we have around the world, I speakin as a UK Citizen. A Few of the times they do a great job

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
Heres a question for ya, What would ya do Iif it was the Uk being attacked would ya do the axact same thing..

umm, history lesson - the ira bombed the uk many times over many years. it wasnt through retaliation that eventually brought about peace - it was diplomacy and compromise and A LOT of work behind the scenes.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join