It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You Serve In WWIII?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
You got what I was trying to say 100% now. China may not go to war with us right now, with their booming economy that rose 11% last year, but there are other incidents that could spark war. What if we stoped trading with China because we decide to go against communism or some other crap our government may feed us, turn China into our biggest enemy?

Eventually China could out grow us and become more powerful, so while we are targeting countries that are "Threatening" to us, then wouldn't China also be in our sights? Just recently yesturday the house has called China a cheater in the world economy, that they are abusing our trade relationship and that it is hurting ur economy. If we are fighting little countries to stay on top, it makes sense to attack China before they can defend themselves.

By that time it could be an all out war and any war with China would require alot more men on the ground. America for a very long time has been in power through economy, I think that last only so long until others gain on you, then like in history, you use your army to knock down those who rise against you. the Tawain situation best describes our tensions with China, we don't care if they are democratic, and we do not care whether or not it is a good government, the only reason we have such a vested intrest in Tawain is because it keeps China away from a massive oil field under the china sea. Would China risk short term depression for possible long term gain?

Now i dont know what events will happen in the future, but i do think that people are jumping on the WW3 band wagon abit to quickly. At the moment Both America and China are just to comfortable to go to all out war, both sides could not win a war at the moment. I do believe that American if they invaded China today, would not be able to beat china at a land war, without the use of nuclear weapons, which they could not use. America is in a very hard position, they can slowly decline while china sits and waits to outgrow amercia. Or america attacks now or soonish to try to take the chinese down, maintaining their global dominance. I think what america is trying to do at the moment, is invading these smaller countries, to gain their industries so they can control them improving their position in the world market, while slowing down the chinese growth. Now i think america will go to far taking out chinese intrests, which will cause china to attack america. Very similar to the events of Pearl Harbour. Although i still stand by my first statement that Iran is not of that importance to China, yes they are a trading partner, but they are not worth that much to the chinese that its willing to go to war with the deadliest army this would has ever seen. I tell you what would stop all these events from happening, America just come to realization that they can still live in the world without being number 1.

[edit on 123131p://upWednesday by wang]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   

If it came knocking on my doorstep, I wouldn't cower like a dog in a thunderstorm. But not in hell would I sign up, to go fight in wars that are a direct result of American and British foreign policy failures.

My sentiments exactly. Here, Here

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
You can think about this in another way. If you pay taxes in the country you live in you are doing your part since you helped finance the military's operations. Or you can join the military and make a bigger diffrence.

I would have no hesitation to go back to the ME and help. Everyone I met over there was happy for what the coalition forces have done. It is human nature to help out another in times of need, and those times are upon us.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

America just come to realization that they can still live in the world without being number 1.

Wang I pretty much agree with you on EVERYTHING you say, I have been saying this for a while. But, what happens if China is the one that doesn't want to share their potential superpower status? What if they want to bring down the US eventually?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
I did not spend 2/3 of my life in school so I can pick up a weapon and kill people I don't even know. I will not serve for an interests of some State or some rich or delusional people.

I want to serve humanity with creativity and not with destruction.

yes, look at those evil soldiers, who joined to create havoc in the world:

(Delivering Humanitarian aid. I can find plenty of pictures like this)

There are alot of posts in the armed forces now that require at least 2 A-Levels.

They also trained people whilst they are in the job, academically and practically.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

America just come to realization that they can still live in the world without being number 1.

Wang I pretty much agree with you on EVERYTHING you say, I have been saying this for a while. But, what happens if China is the one that doesn't want to share their potential superpower status? What if they want to bring down the US eventually?

You are right on that, im sure that China would love to be the sole super power in the world. But looking apon history showing how the chinese have never expanded its national borders since unification, and the last super power america dealt with (U.S.S.R.) it tried to take down since the fall of facism, going to war to prevent the spread of communism (korea and vietnam), and brainwashed and enitre generation agaisnt communism. Now not to say that China are not looking out for their best intentions, but i do believe the best thing they could do at the moment is build, produce, wait and let the money roll in.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i wouldnt like to kill people but if it came to the draft then i would go...but send me to kill our enemies soldiers..not their children and wives...its just the way things are looking god knows who and how many enemies i would have??

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Today, I'm feeling like I would hide in the forest until it's all over. Like it's all just the result of a few bad apples and the majority of people don't really want to blow each other up.

Even China with it's sweeping autocracy and compulsory military service probably houses mostly peace-loving people who have no real interest in war. With economies based on oil, consumption and waste - war seems a likely outcome.

I keep thinking this planet is a bad dream, from which I'll awake, shaken but more or less intact.

All the media attention on war, when real alternatives are never mentioned, it's disturbing.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Didn't get to read all of the replies but this is an easy answer....Yes.

If it's WW3 that would mean:
1) A country (not terrorists group) has attacked the US directly or there is a chance of an invasion (very unlikely). Meaning there is a direct threat to me and my family.

or

2) a WW2 scenario in which somebody or somebodies are taking out our allies and other countries left and right and if they aren't stopped will eventually directly affect our way of life.

All those claiming the fighting in the middle east would cause WW3....
Eh....I just don't see that happening. Them fighting over there is hardly new.
No country in that region is really worth getting all the big boys involved significantly. I'm not saying the ME wouldn't be involved in a WW3 (it'd probably be a major battleground because of the resources in the area. But any of those countries starting WW3? Not so sure about that, but hey....anything is possible)

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I don't believe it to be a true war if who we're fighting isn't another nation, if it's a terrorist Cell or a political group, then it's justified. But I guess World War II contradicts that huh?

Wars for me should be fought Nation to Nation, then atleast rules are followed, if it's a political group or terrorist cell, then... well we see things like what the nazis did all over again.

Keep in mind, that in WWII if you were an airmen captured by the Nazis, you would do all you can to be noticed by the Luffewaffe and be sent to a POW camp, because POW camps in germany are controlled by the GERMAN military, not the Nazis. So rules are followed according to the Geneva convention, nations follow the geneva convention, not groups.

But it's said still, because in true war, there are no rules.

I would still go to fight a war far away, or close to home, if it means defending my country and the people I care about.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It is the war on terror but we are still invading countries. We are just to powerful and they fall very fast. I hope we never have to go to war with someone really big, like the EU or Russia, China but you never know. Not saying that there is a chance in hell we would ever go to war with the EU but just saying they are one of the few to give us a fight. I would still serve to fight Russia or China, I would prefer that then gaurding some dirty street in baghdad.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Sorry double post.

[edit on 7/19/2006 by Rockpuck]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GSA
I'm up for volunteering if they need medical people.

I think that if people are going to go and fight they need the best medical staff (Doctors / nurses /medics ect) they can get if the ship hits the pan so to speak - traumatic wounds found in a war zone are the ones that need the fastest and best response possible to raise the rate of survival.

Being medical in the US Army is the best way to go
I'm a medic and we have done some incredible things, Right now our survival rate has greatly surpassed any previous war, I think we stand at 95% right now.... but yea the military is always desperate for more medical people.

On another note, has any one seen those awesome new field dressings the americans are using? they contain shell fish protien which is a super duper effective clotting and anti microbial barrier all rolled into one - Thats how its done - the sooner prompt aid is given the higher survival rates are - COUNT ME IN!

Your talking about the Hemcon bandage, they are awesome as long as people using them are trained properly on how to use them, but yes they have saved quite a few lives out here along with a few other new clotting agents which have comeout since the start of OIF.
------------------------------------------------

Can't say I would be happy about a WWIII or serving in it, but I would serve, and would be one of the first throw my hand up. I would rather serve so that another can stay behind.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
I did not spend 2/3 of my life in school so I can pick up a weapon and kill people I don't even know. I will not serve for an interests of some State or some rich or delusional people.

I want to serve humanity with creativity and not with destruction.

We need more people like U in the world dear yanchek

re: topic ... Me personally ? I would rather drink a substantial amount of turpentine and pee on an open flame.
Well probably not a substantial amount, but U get the point I'm sure

edit - my spelling sucks after consuming Tequila

[edit on 20-7-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I think it's crazy for some of you to say, sure I'd serve if it came to my front door.

What if after you volunteered and joined, then to find out that your country pulled something like a "project wormwood" on you during this War. Would you still serve your country?

[edit on 20-7-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
yes, look at those evil soldiers, who joined to create havoc in the world:

Sorry man, but they are damage control. A PR division.

You don't need an uniform to help people.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I wouldn't go to war even if I were forced to do that!It is simply not the way im

thinking.But if there were question about security of my land,family or friend,I

would pull out my AK-47(we have plentys of them left by U.S.S.R) and go in the

woods!!And I will shot everyone or everything whos would be a treath to me no

matter will it be muslim,jew,american,chinese or russian!!!

As my economic teacher told us,in every military,political,religius conflict,we have

to ask not wy,or whos right or wrong,but who will have a benefit of it!And you

know, by example, Island were newer threatened,because they dont have

anything interesting in the land!!

This whole middle-east conflict looks as just some business plan!!!

(my english may not be perfect,but I'm not english talking)
)

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
I think it's crazy for some of you to say, sure I'd serve if it came to my front door.

What if after you volunteered and joined, then to find out that your country pulled something like a "project wormwood" on you during this War. Would you still serve your country?

[edit on 20-7-2006 by XPhiles]

And I think it's crazy for you to have aid what you did, so I guess we're even.

If my officers do something I don't like, I have the right to say no. There is no such thing as "My officers made me do it" anymore, every soldier must be able to make a conscience decision on if the orders he/she is being given are correct and morally standing.

But I would still fight the war.

Shattered OUT...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join